Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback March Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/2 20:38:08 )
Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more response
we got to these sort of things the more we can improve your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set your reviewing do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories, those are just some suggestions for the direction you can take your feedback in.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it." As it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Fortune Teller[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Raver[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Woodland Fae[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being very helpful!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 01:00:15 )
ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

Fortune Teller
★★★★✩
Not my cup of tea but beautifully pixelled! The only thing i'm missing is a gold detail in the headpiece maybe (on the purple/red recolor)

Raver
★★★★✩
Love the legwarmers! Very much. Also the shorts and dreads are very nice. The face is not for me, though. Love the recolors!

Woodland Fae
★★★★★
LOVE the hair! Nice variety of items and colors, overall a great item.

Questing: click here!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 02:25:37 )
Fortune Teller
★★★★✩
I appreciate that there a multiple base colors for the skin for each color!
I agree that the headpiece calls for more bling on the top.

Raver
★★★★★
The color combinations are greaaaat

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/4 16:35:11 )

Fortune Teller
[size=15]★★★★✩

Didn’t like it at first, but I do like the idea of it. Very unique item and love the gold chains. I feel like it would need a dash more blind.

Raver
★★★★✩
Love the top, but I feel like the orange and midnight recolor is not easy to work with or goes well together.

Woodland Fae
★★★★★
Stunning. That hair. Stunning. I wish I had this in my collection because SO PRETTY

[/size]

Consider clicking my babies!

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 08:05:47 )
╔════ ═ ═ ═

Fortune Teller
★★★★★
My favourite of this batch, this item Urro = Perfect combination
yeah i agree with everyone here that the headpiece is lacking gold ornamental detail
also i kinda wish the golden bracelet & the necklace are in a separate pose
also would love if we get the mole under the eye as a standalone pose / common item

Raver
★★★★✩
Not really my cup of tea, but i m sure a lot of people gonna like it
i kinda wish for the eyebrow to be a standalone pose / common item
and for the left & right eye to be separated, so we can mix & match the eye colour

Woodland Fae
★★★★✩
Also not really my cup of tea... but yeah i m sure people gonna love this item
is it just me or the hair seems to have weird proportion, like the left & right part of the hair have different length?
the horns are awesome, but without a big hair it would look a bit weird because its so big
The sandals & the flute probably my favorite of this set
i kinda wish for there is a separate pose of the flute without it being tied to the neck of the avi

═ ═ ═ ════╝

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 14:11:48 )

Fortune Teller
★★★✩✩
I like a lot of pieces from this item: the jewelery the most, followed closely by the top, then the skirt-leg combo, the orb is neat as well. The eyes are neat if there was not the beauty mark under them. I don't care for the turban as an item, probably cause I can't see myself using it often.

Raver
★✩✩✩✩
Not sure how much I would actually use this item. It is not my favorite out of them. I like the skirt the most, followed secondly by the bottom. I don't much care that the whole bottom is connected as one piece though. The hair and the eyes are my least favorite of this item.

Woodland Fae
★★★★✩
I do LOVE the wispiness of the hair and just about every other piece of this item!
The antlers remind me of the Autumn Spruce's ones, but whereas those are Autumn, these are Spring and have more volume.
The shoes are so awesome as well!

Voltie — Baby Yoda Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 19:59:56 )
Fortune Teller
★★★★★
The eyes, the ball, the legs, the everything... so perfect. Me gusta. <3

Raver
★★★★★
That hair especially is so nicely done. I love the black/purple/green color especially, makes me think of ravers. <3

Woodland Fae
★★★★★
I like the antlers a lot. :D

Voltie — Vladdaddy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 20:26:04 )
Fortune Teller
★★★★★

The set is very well balanced all together, aside from the headpiece. I think, like most people said, it could've used a gold chain or something (and likewise for the other color combos). I especially love the wrapped orb. It's something I would've never thought of creating. And the leg mod is really well done, too. Very nice style on the anatomy there.

Raver
★★★★✩

Even thought this isn't my style, I can see the potential in collaborating these items with other items. The colors are really good and they are well balanced. I also really like the long sleeve crop top thing. It's my favorite kind of top. And the mods are done well with a good approach to style. The only issue I have with the item is how close together the eyes are. Otherwise, I like it all, even if I won't wear it.

Woodland Fae
★✩✩✩✩

Not much to say about this. The antlers are decent premium item, but I feel the rest of it is not crate worthy, nor is it worth being a rare because it is too simple/not enough extra detail.
Adieu mon homme... Où tu vas, il fait trop froid

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/7 22:29:40 )
Fortune Teller
★★★★✩
I rather like the eyes, but I kinda feel weird about eyes that run off the base like that. But certain hairs do cover that.
Those are some nice legs too, definitely see myself using them. & I always like seeing nice accessory items~
Like some people said, I feel there should have been jewelry up top.
Also would have been nice if there was an alternate top to match this set that suits guys better.

Raver
★★★✩✩
Same feelings about the eyes on this one as the Fortune Teller eyes.
I dunno if I can work with the dread hair accessories but I do like dreads. Would have liked a whole hair item instead.
Love the mouth, can definitely easily work that into an avi.
The skirt and shirt are cute~ As for the legs, definitely suit the theme but I feel like I would have liked shorts or pants on their own.

Woodland Fae
★★★★✩
Love the nice big flowing hair, very nice~ * u*
The antlers are very cool, would have been nice to have a version without the flowers~
Rather like the texture on the dress, feel they really work well on their own.
Does feel like the flute should be in your hand but I do like having unique accessories like this to work with.
I feel the jacket is a bit lacking for the set.
Could have gave it more a yukata/kimono look to make it fit the asian look and match the stylish geta~
Also think a nice pair of matching pants would have completed the set.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/10 10:22:41 )
Fortune Teller
★★★★★
It's pixeled well and has lots of cool poses that can be used with a lot of different looks, not just fortune teller ones.

Raver
★★★★✩
Cool Raver styled item. I can see lots of people using it.

Woodland Fae
★★★★✩
Great spring type item with good poses, but I'm not a fan of the way the clothing was pixeled. I'm sorry, I'm not an artist so I don't really know why, but it looks off to me. Maybe it's that it looks too stiff? The angle isn't right?
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Shy Kitten Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/13 20:50:42 )

Fortune Teller
[size=15]★★★★✩

Not my style, but I think the headpiece can use a bit more detail to balance out the set
(the other pieces of this set have a lot going on!)

Raver
★★★★★
Beautiful color schemes, and love how versatile it is!
(Say if someone were not into the rave thing, the other poses
can be used for a cute-sy avatar.)

Woodland Fae
★★★★★
Absolutely perfect, and definitely of my taste personally.
Would not change anything
(^ㆁᴗㆁ^☆)ノ
[/size]
@ for reply!

☾✧ quest tracker:

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/2 05:51:13 )

Fortune Teller
★★★★★
Easily my favorite of this set. I love the theme and the amount of detail in the poses. The eyes look good, and I appreciate being able to choose at least default skin tones with each color variation. Would be neat if we could also choose the extra skin colors with each, but it's not necessary and doesn't detract from the quality or usability of the item. I think the color options work well for this theme, though I do think the gold/silver accent colors are a little too heavily concentrated around the middle of the avatar. Like with most donation items, I think the default palette is the most well put together, but I don't think any of them look bad in this case. Some kind of vest or top other than a tube top would have been cool; it's the only thing I really feel this item is missing.

Raver
★★★✩✩
I like some of the poses on this item, but for the most part it feels like wasted potential. I don't mean any offense to the designer(s), but I think a lot more could have been done with this theme in terms of poses and color choices, and some of the poses look very awkward to me.
While brown/blue/orange is a nice color scheme on its own, I don't really see the connection between that palette and the raver theme. The black/purple/green color scheme works and incorporates some bright colors, but I feel like there should have been a palette of all bright colors as opposed to one that is mostly dark, one that is all dark, and one that is all pastel. The pastel palette is OK, but none of the color sets is especially vibrant or eye-catching in the way most would associate with a rave outfit.
The eyes are a little too large and close together for my liking, making the avatar look cross-eyed when wearing them.
I like the clothing attached to the leg pose; I think it fits the theme well. The position of it, however, looks off to me. It leans a little far to one side, though it makes more visual sense when paired with the top, as the top balances out the standing position and gives the whole avatar a sense of motion. That said, I think a dancing pose would have suited this item better than a sassy standing-still pose, and I'm not a big enough fan of the top to wear it just to balance out the legs. We have a lot of crop top and oversized sleeve items IMO, and they're not really my thing.
I'm also not a fan of the skirt. Maybe just personal taste, but it feels a little lackluster to me.
My favorite poses on this item are the dread tails and the mouth. They're pretty versatile, look great, no complaints for these poses.

Woodland Fae
★★★✩✩
Like with Raver, some of this might come down to personal taste, but overall I feel like there was some wasted potential and kind of questionable pose choices. Maybe I just don't "get" this one, but I'm not sure exactly what the theme is supposed to be. There's an obvious Asian inspired element with the jacket and sandals, but they don't really feel like they fit in with the leaf dress and the flowery antlers. With a name like "Woodland Fae", I was hoping for something a lot more magical and nature-inspired.
I like the billowing hair and I think the antlers look great. I love the color choices and I'm glad there are at least a couple of natural hair colors mixed in, as I wasn't too keen on the options that are shown in the preview. I almost didn't get the item because of that, but when I saw that the hair came in more than those 3 colors, I decided it was worth it.
I like the concept of the leaf dress, but it's a little too feminine with the whole strapless look going on, and overall it feels a little stiff to me. Something with more variation in appearance (as opposed to the uniform pattern/texture and straight-down look) and a more gender-neutral presentation would have been great IMO.
I like this item and am glad I got one, but I don't get as much use out of it as I'd have liked.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.