Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing What, Like It's Hard? (Nemesis, cashew, skettiyeti - closed RP)

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/23 08:37:58 )
We've already brought in 15k in profits this Spring, and we only just bought this overgrown plot of land this season. A lot of the residents in this bumpkin town seem really impressed with us, which is nice... I guess it's nice to feel appreciated, or admired, or whatever. But like, we haven't done all that much. They gave us seeds when we got here and surprise surprise, it grew when we watered it. Why is everyone so shocked?

Jinx mostly liked how impressed the residents of Stardew Valley were of her, Poppy, and Roman's work on the land they bought, but sometimes it was annoying. Sometimes it felt like no one here thought they could actually make it on that land - like they doubted them - which Jinx had had more than enough of in her life to know she didn't love the bitter taste it left in her mouth.

She smacked her dry lips at the thought and snapped back to attention. Sometimes she lost herself in thought whilst fishing on the dock, especially on days like this one, where the bites were painfully far and few in between. But, the exports on fresh fish here brought in pretty decent money, and being able to lose herself in her thoughts while "working" made most of these days totally worth it. Looking up at the sun which was already well into it's ascension above the horizon in front of her, Jinx reached her hand over toward her snack bad of sour gummy worms. One for the line, she thought, latching one to her hook before sending it out into the water, and the rest are mine!

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/23 09:12:46 )
Toil. That's what Roman knew best. Since he was a young lad, he had been working with his hands. Long, rough days in the sun working construction left his skin worn, tan, and scarred. He had been worked to the bone by Jojacorp over the years, so the task of running a farm seemed a leisurely change of pace. Which turned out to be true overall, however there was not even close to a dearth of hard work to do. But Roman enjoyed it, and put his all into every day. This time, the work was for something good. His work now profited him and his girlfriends, and the small town they now lived in. No longer would he be breaking his back (literally) for the corrupt company that ultimately was responsible for his father's death all those years ago.

Farming was pleasant, but the mines of Stardew allured him profoundly. The thought of hidden treasures from long ago reignited his passion for archaeology, and he was determined to invest in exploration. It wasn't immediately fruitful like fishing, which left him feeling a bit like he wasn't pulling his weight properly, but he felt blessed to be supported so wholeheartedly in this endeavor. Doing things for himself was a new concept to him, but it would be sure to turn a profit down the line.

With that in mind, Roman started the day off determined to make some headway in the mines. Equipped with his tools (and some trusty granola bars), he headed out the door that morning with kisses from the girls and the cat.

Donator — Goddess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/23 10:32:05 )
Browsing history:

• why am i so bad at fishing
  • can cats kill chickens
  • how to keep chicken alive
  • chicken coop basics
  • why do crops grow so slowly
  • accidentally hit vegetable with hoe
  • how much water is too much water
  • how keep crops alive

Poppy slumped over and banged her head onto her solid wood table. Solid enough to leave a very large red splotch on her forehead. Maybe she shouldn't have done that. Maybe she shouldn't have done a lot of things these past couple of weeks. Like assume her love for succulents translated to a universal green thumb. There never seemed like there was a need for fertilizer for her small Aloe Vera plants. Plus no one in the city could just point to one of her plants and deem it "quality" or not. The friendly townspeople had been so impressed by her "gold star" crops. How, she would never know, since they all looked the same to her. Lady Marmalade brushed up against her leg and meowed softly. Poppy couldn't tell if it was for comfort or because she was starving (despite them having fed her quite a lot this morning).

Poppy thought about her loves, out there in the real world doing their best. Why couldn't she? The townspeople were so nice to them when they moved in. She didn't want to disappoint them. Especially not when she's been caught up in the local gossip. Town was a-buzz with how much progress the newbies were making. It had been flattering at first... but now everything seemed to weigh too heavily on others expectations. She didn't want to be the one who dragged her partners down.

There was still so much to do and sitting around moping wasn't getting anything accomplished. After gathering up all her strength, Poppy searched in every chest they had for her missing watering can. She probably left it outside by the crops again.... hopefully. The day was still young. She'd find it eventually.

Donator — Moo (She/Her) Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/23 11:01:54 )
Out of gummy worms and only seven lake fish to show for it, Jinx huffed and pushed herself to her feet on the rickety old dock. Behind her, a little local girl named Jas practiced skipping rope by the tree. Jinx hauled her sack of fish over her shoulder and walked toward her on land and off that God-forsaken stretch of wood.

"Hey kid, getting any better?"

The little girl stopped jumping and looking down solemnly. "I don't know..."

"Mmm," Jinx hummed. "Well, sometimes it real be like that, huh? Maybe try something else, yeah?"

Jas looked up, crestfallen, and Jinx put a hand on her head, rustled her hair, and left her to continue her seemingly meaningless practice. Sunlight flitted through the leaves of the forest as Jinx made her way home. It was still early in the day, but the lake was basically dry, and her stomach was growling again. The gummy worms had staved the hungry for a little while, but that persistent beast was never kept far for long. Luckily, she had some microwave pepper poppers at home, and they were calling her name!

Fish in the ice chest ready to be shipped out, Jinx opened the front door to her home, calling out, "Hoooneeeyyy, I'm hoooome," without even knowing if either of her loves was, in fact, home. Immediately (as their home was a cabin and a small one at that at the moment), she saw Poppy's purple locks draped over an open chest as she rooted through the insides. In a few steps, Jinx was behind her, wrapping her arms around Poppy's waist from behind and leaning into her to look over her shoulder and into the chest. "If you're looking for my heart, Honey, you've already got it," she joked, smiling and kissing the small spot of exposed skin on Poppy's neck.
~Happy Pride Month~

Donator — They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/24 07:26:27 )
That morning, on his way out, Roman had helped the girls water. He did so pretty often, but today Poppy couldn't find her watering can so his assistance was greatly needed. He wanted to help her look for it, but she insisted that he go off and start his day. Begrudgingly, he acquiesced, and with another kiss he was off.

. . .

Today was not particularly fruitful in the mines, but Roman at least managed to meet a new milestone in making it down to floor 40. With his copper pickaxe, newly upgraded, he finally could break the stronger rocks located there on. He was running out of stamina fast though, and had to head home early because of it. He had a pretty good haul of rock and copper, and had found some very interesting dwarven scrolls that he was dying to show Poppy and Jinx. Naturally they would be donated to the museum, and therefore not cut a profit, but it was truly exciting to think of the secrets held within.

Normally the girls were out a bit late, so he didn't expect to see them when he opened up the front door. He smiled brightly. He momentarily forgot about his haul and just wanted to know how the gals days went.

"Hey there my beautiful ladies! I'm glad you are home! How were your days?"

Donator — Goddess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 07:43:18 )
Poppy had smiled when she heard Jinx enter their cabin in that jovial way of hers. Yet she was also hunched over a chest, elbows deep in random items that she'd never seen before. They had agreed that sharing storage space was fine when they had first moved... but this was just ridiculous. There was random ores and jewels throughout, and it was a miracle that none of them had been chipped by the tools they all threw in at the end of the day. An old cabbage was mysteriously unspoiled despite it having been harvested almost a whole season ago. And there was a lump in the corner that looked suspiciously like a fish that Poppy didn't even want to go near. If they were going to share space they would need to organize it better. And possibly get a fridge.

Poppy blushed when she felt her girlfriend's body drape over hers and leave a gentle kiss. She was used to affection from her loves, but it never failed to make her a little flustered. She turned around slowly to wrap her own arms around Jinx and press her forehead against the other's shoulder. "Well now I've found my hoe but I'm still missing my watering can"

She barely heard the door opening over the loud sigh she gave out. "Ronan, you're home now. We never meet back at base this early," she said through a laugh. She glanced at the table quickly and was relieved to see that she had closed her laptop earlier. The other's didn't have to know she hadn't left the house since this morning. "I went out to go foraging but didn't find much. Did you have better luck today?"
come check out my shop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.