Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Rune Factory 4 & 5

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 03:43:16 )

You guys I m so excited for this to come out on the switch. Rune factory 4 originally came out on the 3DS and I played that game to death! It’s like a Story or Season or Strawdew Valley but with more RPG elements/storyline.
Since I played the first one I’ve been waiting years for a hint of Rune Factory 5. The series has never sold very well because it’s never really marketed. When I saw both on the latest Nintendo Direct I literally screamed!

Have you guys ever played it? If you haven’t I highly recommend it. If you have a 3DS you can play 4 now, or wait for it to be on the switch.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 04:04:11 )

I have not had the chance to play any of them, but I wish to start.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 04:07:52 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍

you know, i keep wondering about that series. i love harvest moon, and i also like rpgs.
i guess i just never got around to playing it. i jumped from HM to Stardew to SoS and that kept me pretty busy.
would you say that you can jump right into 4 without playing the others?
are the storylines in each game unrelated to each other, kind of like final fantasy?

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 05:09:56 )

@Terror 404: I recommend it lol. I think with what you told me, you would really like it. And yes just like FF the others don’t have anything to do with each other. They are independent.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 05:11:53 )

@Little Crane: you should when you can! If you have a 3DS the games only about $20. Or maybe try renting it from the library?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 05:22:58 )

@Totalanimefan: I do not have a 3DS, only a Switch.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 05:28:38 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
@Totalanimefan: mmm it's so tempting now but i can't quite afford it.
i'm saving for a trip next month so i'll just have to make sure i have some money left over.
out of curiosity, what part of the game was your favorite? the combat? the story?

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍
Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 05:47:13 )

@Little Crane: oh I see. I have a switch too. We will both have to wait until the special edition comes out in English. Wiphich will probably be this year? It comes out in Japan on July 25th.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 05:48:55 )

@Terror 404: oh cool. Enjoy your trip.
I think my favorite part was.. it’s hard to say because it all really keeps your interest. But I like that the farming wasn’t a choose even after 100 hours. I liked the cooking and exploring. You can take other people with you when exploring!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 06:51:57 )

@Totalanimefan: I look forward to it.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 06:54:05 )

@Little Crane: me too! I wonder how long it will take the team to translate it into English?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 07:53:05 )

@Bioshock: I like your friend lol. Is there anyway your friend would let you borrow the game?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 08:12:07 )

@Bioshock: oh :(
What about a library? I know that mine carries video games.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 08:28:30 )

@Bioshock: there are lots of other cool things at the library. Maybe you will have to stick with let’s plays lol

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 08:38:49 )

@Totalanimefan: Long enough to not have any strange phrases or misspellings, I would hope.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 08:41:21 )

@Little Crane: that literally made me laugh. I hope that doesn’t happen either haha

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 13:37:18 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh, I finished Rune Factory 3 long ago on an emulator a very, very long time ago. Getting to marry all of the love interests on separate saves was a treat, and it had a mix of Action-RPG style combat, crafting, farming and dating sim all rolled into one that really got me hooked (also holding hands was the cutest thing).

Unfortunately I cannot afford a Switch at the moment, but I'm happy to know there are sequels coming out.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 17:23:00 )

@Bioshock: awesome. I’ve rented a few 3DS and PS4 games from the library. I should really do it more often. Lol

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 17:25:13 )

@KreitzeN: did you see it on the direct or elsewhere?
I actually haven’t played 3 and I thought about playing it after 4 but I knew that it would make me want to have 5 be a thing sooner. Lol
I love how well the game does everything in a very polished way. Nothing is an afterthought in those games.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/19 19:24:52 )
    I've heard good things about the Rune Factory series, but I've never gotten around to playing one of the games, even though I'm a fan of the Harvest Moon series and RPGs. With 4 coming out to Switch I'm thinking about getting it when it comes out. If I really enjoy it I'll be getting 5 for sure.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.