Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries I'm obsessed with Animating things at the moment.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 07:25:37 )
@Amber Lynne:
Water color and prisma pencils, my two fave tools actually! The chibis are cleaned up very well for being done traditional. I always have the hardest time cleaning up my paper art work and moving it to a digital scan

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 07:28:38 )

@Thrills: It can totally be a pain to clean up, but I used A) tan paper, it helps to hide some of the mess, and B) I'm VERY careful to avoid having to clean up much, lol.
Because seriously. That's just a pain in the ass. XD

I frikken adore watercolours. I just got a new set and my next YT vid (Tuesday) will be an art haul (where I dumped WAY too much money at a local art shop), a speed paint as I do something with the paints, and an overall review at the end.
If... if you're interested? I dunno.
(Sorry about the plug. ^ ^)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 11:25:00 )
ヽ(=^・ω・^=)丿

@Amber Lynne: I've been trying to buy ohms from users and posting loads! :3
Lovely new art!

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/3 16:02:04 )

I wish I had the time and space to do traditional again. I'm pretty much down to just sketchbooks in my lap on the floor or couch, and computer graphics only.
I miss painting so much.

Speed paintings are fun to watch, is it actual speed paintings or just sped up time... Whatcha call them... XD
Like when stars make lines in the sky if a picture is left open.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 02:42:17 )

@Nyuu: You'll get there~
I'll help you whenever I can, too ^ ^

@shadami: I getcha. I suually have mt sketchbook barely with the room on my desk, but I make it work. XD
And I adore watching the art time lapses of any sort, honestly. Whether it be paints, pencils, sculpting... whatever. I adore it~<3

Exposure pics are frikken awesome (in reference to your comment on the stars making lines)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 02:56:17 )

Time lapses!/exposure time lapses. XD I couldn't remember the word but I'm glad you understood!
And I completely agree, both are truly amazing fascinating things to see.
I was actually asking which ones you were doing in your video. :) An actual speed paint or a time lapse?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:00:07 )

@Shadami: I record in real time and speed it up. So technically speedpaints. XD
But it does classify as both. I just use 'speedpaint' for the actual painted ones. XDD
(And even then, they don't get sped up much. The watercolours are only about double speed or so. I do them relatively quick)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:02:13 )

Awesome! :) I can not paint fast xD or art fast. Though I'm working on improving my skill with speed. Doing five minute timed drawing type things to try to get a little better.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:09:00 )

@Shadami: Always good to improve speed. If only just because of the fact that it means that you can do more in less time. Lol.

But my watercolours are largely just spacey things, so I don't have to put much time into them. The time largely goes into waiting for the damned paint to dry. XD

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:17:29 )

That's why I love painting with guache. <3 my apinting stlye doesn't wait for the paint to dry, I blend and layer and just have way to much fun. Still usually takes a few hours though and I want to get faster.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 03:44:21 )

@Shadami: Gouache is one of those things I really want to try.
The marriage between acrylic and watercolour? Yes Please.
Lol.

But watercolours are pricey enough, I don't have the funds to expand out to others atm. =(
(Also want to try oils eventually, actually)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 11:05:28 )
ヽ(=^・&omega;・^=)丿

@Amber Lynne: I managed to buy one with volts! :3 it was 35k

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 16:26:20 )

Hehe ^^; I'm terrible, I get the 10$ stuff I know it's better to get better quality but it works for me xS

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 22:02:30 )

@Nyuu: Yay!

@Shadami: Eh, I wouldn't put the extreme money out until you know you like them, really. But that's just my look on it.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 22:07:24 )

Well that makes sense. :)

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 22:24:31 )

@Shadami: That's why I go with a $20 pack of 24 Watercolours. XD
(Or at least I did, til I put the money out for a $70 set DX)

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 23:35:15 )

Gosh, just talking about it really makes me want to paint. xD, of course, I've had the itch for over a year and haven't been able to scratch it.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/5 23:55:59 )
ヽ(=^・&omega;・^=)丿

@Amber Lynne: I'm loving your dark avi! Also love the antlers on it~

Questing: click here!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 01:37:47 )

@Shadami: I literally just posted this. It's painting and whatnot related, if you're interested? I dunno > >
//shamelessselfplughere

@Nyuu: Thanks! I wanted to add a body, but I lack the items to make it look good. XD
So I'm a floating cathead with hair. LOL.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/03/6 02:03:32 )

Oh wow yeah that background noise. xD Watching it now ^^

This is my speedpainting My channel isn't active by any means. I'm just kind of learning video editing, and I don't know music so I'm still learning that. royalties confuse me beyond belief. Silly but true. So if you don't mind a shameless self plug back :D It's not painting though, it's just a CG art with some crappy music. ^^
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.