Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 19:57:29 )
Blegh

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 20:10:37 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

This is wild and stressful. I'm glad you know your worth and have a solid curb that you kicked him to.

I had a similar situation with an ex who has changed his number multiple times(or picked up fake texting apps Idk) to text me despite me blocking the numbers. Broke up 3 and a half years ago and ive been in a relationship for soon to be 3 years (March). Always I miss you'd and "I had dreams about you" followed by "I know I messed up I was going through a lot" as if that pardons abuse. It doesn't and good on you for maintaining healthy boundaries

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 20:15:32 )
@Millet: ugh, yeah. the good thing is my ex hasn't tried creating new accounts/numbers to contact me so they aren't at that "level". i'm so sorry that you have to deal with that. i just celebrated 3 yrs with my partner too and it was like two days later that they tried to pass on this letter. i'm 99% sure they didn't send it intentionally bc i just had my anniversary but idk. as i was typing this is just realized that my insta isn't private so i just changed that. bc the only place they would have seen that is on my story. now i'm going through my followers. >>;; i don't post selfies or locations on there tho so i'm not rly worried. or anything about work, etc. my entire fb is private and aside from insta and fb i don't have any other social media accounts.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 20:49:14 )

May they never find you after the move.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/9 23:50:29 )

I am sorry to hear you had such an horrible ex. But good to know that in the end you did not let him get to you. You deserve way better. Hope he stays far far away from you.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/10 05:18:21 )
Thanks everyone.

I agree that people can change, but the letter they wrote read just like their texts and how they spoke to me post-breakup. It made me a little nauseous how delusional it rly was. Like they're trying to rewrite things and paint it as us both playing a role in our issues, etc. There was even some weird warped logic about how happy people don't rly exist and it's fake but then at the end they wished me happiness bc I deserve it.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/10 06:27:45 )
Yeah.. I'm rly certain my ex hoped I would unblock them and make contact. Or at least "forgive" them so they could pat themself on the back. They could also be doing this so later on they can say they tried to move on and own up to what happened but I wouldn't play nice lmao. Even tho they didn't hold themself accountable at all in the letter.

They were always rly weird when I confronted them. I wasn't shy about telling them to leave me alone and explaining very clearly why what they were doing was abusive, unhealthy and problematic and why I wanted nothing to do with them. Eventually they tried to gaslight me by claiming things that happened never happened when I would call them out. And idk if they believed it eventually or.. what bc they seemed to rly believe in what they were saying. Like if you were an outsider you would think they were telling the truth but maybe just being dramatic bc they're a bit emotional. Not a whacko like they are lmao.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.