Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Light and Darkness [FIN]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 07:05:05 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

When Aly heard the door upstairs slam, she quietly sobbed to herself, before sending a text to someone.

Within about a minute, while Eke was still up in his room, he heard a voice coming from his window... which was odd, seeing as he WAS up another story.

"Yo." Ryker said, hands crossed over his chest as he seemed to hover right close to the window.

"Looks like there's some trouble in paradise." he commented.

"Care to share?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 17:52:20 )
"I dont know what im doing wrong." he said looking away.

"I mean yeah im not feeling great, but i tried to make her feel better by accepting her offer" hhe said rubbing the back of his neck.

"But then she just...was all like 'i know you dont want any and i dont you dont want to talk' and i just...i dont REMEMBER much of anything and theres nothing to really talk about" he groaned out.

"So what am i doing wrong? i was trying to make it better so she wouldnt worry so much but i made it worse and just...just HOW?!" he said throwing his pillow at the wall.

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 20:22:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..." Ryker was silent for a moment.

"It's... well... actually it's what you're BOTH doing wrong." he told him.

"It's clear that some serious shit is happening in your life, and it's something that seems to be unique to you. I think she senses you're still keeping things from us, and that worries her." he continued.

"However, YOU need to tell her that, while there are things you're not telling us, she needs to learn that everyone has their secrets, and that she and I don't deserve to know EVERY SINGLE thing that goes on in your brain." he went on.

"She's worried about you, and it's making her emotional. You need to let her know that it's okay to be emotional, but she doesn't need to coddle you like I used to do." he then said further.

"I know you. When you want our help, you'll ask for it. But you need to let HER know that. And you need to let her know that her being there is a help to you as well." he told Eke.

"At least, I assume it still it." he then added with a shrug.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/17 21:43:08 )
"What am i supposed to say? Hey aly yeah my weird dreams dont make sense and the call is different but hey dont worry cause i got it under control" he said with a bitter sarcastic tone to his voice.

"I just..i feel smothered by both of you." he finally admitted.

"I know your worried and i seem to be connected somehow, but...you guys cant solve my problems for me all the time" he said sitting down.

"i just...need some time to figure it out on my own. Sure aparently i jumped from a building but whatever happened i had control and didnt go splat so...maybe trust me?"

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 00:46:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"TELL her that." Ryker responded.

"I'm serious. Sit her down, look her in the eyes, and TELL her that, in those words." he said.

"I'm starting to learn that you need to be your own person, and you're stronger than we give you credit for." he told him. "We might not be related, but we ARE brothers, and part of my being your younger brother is learning that sometimes you need to do things on your own, for better or for worse." he continued.

"So... I think that if you tell her what you just told me, she'll understand." he went on.

"You just need to make sure she knows that. And she knows that you will always care for her and love her." he continued.

"That's all. Just be open and frank, and give as many details as you are comfortable giving. And tell her not to try and pry for information like her and I have been doing recently." he added.

"All right?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 01:57:00 )
"I dunno ryker...i just...i dont like having those talks." he said.

"She always gets more worried when i tell her her not to worry she worries more and...i just...i" he looked away.

"I need to find this cave...on my own..im sorry..." he got up and grabbed his coat.

He then left the room and ran out.

He needed answers. He needed to just do it.

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 05:54:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eke!" Ryker called out.

"....damn you, Eke." he growled.

"I give you the answer, and you throw it back at me." he said.

"But fine. Whatever. It's your decision to make." he then mumbled to himself, before rising back onto the roof, on a pair of demonic-like ethereal wings that had formed behind him.

He then sat down on the roof, and continued to meditate.

He needed to prepare his body.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 14:18:05 )
He felt bad but what he felt he needed was the answer to his dreams.

It haunted him and he didnt feel like hed be normal until he knew WHY he was connected.

He travelled for hours before he came to the cave in question. He came upon it quite by accident.

His hand shook as he called ryker.

wether he answered or not he didnt wait when it was picked up.

"I...i found the cave. ill keep you posted. im going in." he said.

He went into the cave and didnt see much too much at first. He used his phone to light his way. He made sure to be careful as he made his way deeper. He slipped on a path and slid into a large room.

He looked up to find a massive blue crystal with something like black smoke writhing within it. His eyes widened. He had seen this crystal in his dreams. This was the place.

He slowly made his way deeper hoping to find more answers. Why he was connected.

He wasnt looking when he head a low growl. He turned to find the undead dragon staring right him with its clouded dead eyes. After a short standstill, it roared at him. He ran deeper, the dragon giving chase. He fell down a path and scrambled to his feet. He backed up against a wall hiding from the dragon.

When the dragon could not find him, it transformed to its undead human form. The transformation looked and sounded painful. When eke saw the human form his eyes widened. Tears welled in his eyes as he sat there in shock.

His own father was brought back, and being used for god knows what. Thats why eke was connected. He got up and ran. He couldnt go back as his dad was the guard. So deeper he went.

He wasnt paying attention as he was still too upset, he slipped and fell down a tunnel and ended up in a large cavern with a large pool of cool water. He sat there and just cried. He looked for his phone. He pulled it out and called ryker.

He prayed ryker would pick up or at least he had service.

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 17:47:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Through some absolute miracle, Eke's cell still had service... but if he were to look at the bars he had for signal strength, he would see that he was practically running on empty.

Thankfully, Ryker DID pick up the phone.

"Yo." he answered.

"Sup with the spelunking?" he asked.

"Find anything neat?" he asked further, before pausing and hearing Eke's laboured breathing.

"....you... okay?" he then asked, concern in his tone now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/18 21:37:45 )
"No!" he cried softly to not draw attention to himself.

"I am the very opposite of okay. i...found the crystal...a-and the dragon. I...im pretty deep into the cave...i dont know if theres a way out but im...im gonna keep going and pray i dont have to swim" he said shakily.

"Im not going to go into detail here, but...i...i know...why im connected." he said tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I dont have much signal here. just...dont go to the mouth of the cave okay? please lets not wake the dragon..."

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 02:32:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ryker had a large number of emotions and feelings running through him.

But he did his best to keep it all in check.

Instead, he took a deep breath, held it for a moment, and exhaled.

"All right..." he muttered.

"What the hell did you call me for, then?" he asked.

"Do you want help?" he asked him. "And if so, how can I do that?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 03:09:37 )
"I uh...i..." he sat there shaking.

"The front is blocked...and im not even sure theres a back way out...and theres this big deep pool of water and i dont even know if i can go around it..." he said, terror evident in his voice.

"I dont want to drown...i dont want to be here anymore...i want to go home..." he wailed as softly as he could.

It was very evident he was afraid he was going to die there. He really thought he might die in that cavern.

"Ryker...brother im so scared...more scared than ive ever been and i hate that i upset aly before i left...i dont want to die here!" he said looking around his hand shaking.

"I..help me please..."

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 05:55:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Ryker was silent, before sighing.

"I'm on my way." he told Eke.

"I will get in there, and I will get you out of there." he promised.

"Just stay alive." he continued.

"Stay alive, and I'll get you out of there." he vowed.

"...where is this cave? Which one did you go to, exactly?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 18:20:17 )
He tried to answer but at the moment his phone lost connection and it wasnt going to come back.

He put his phone away and looked around.

The place felt nice but he was scared of the pool.

He touched the water. It was cool. He could see the bottom.

He sighed and got up. He couldnt stay there.

He started walking holding his coat to him. He found a small tunnel that he could fit in...if he left his coat.

Eke sighed and pulled it off. he needed out.

He started crawling through the tunnel coming out into another cavern. It was colder.

He shivered and wanted to keep going. He sneezed and tried to keep himself warm. He prayed Ryker could find him soon. He was getting weak again. It was too cold.

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 20:30:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"DAMN IT!" Ryker cursed, as the connection was lost.

"Guess I gotta rely on instinct." he muttered, shaking his head and racing off towards the direction of a cave he knew.

"...it's probably huge." he told himself.

"Like... really big." he went on, narrowing down the search in his mind.

'I need to check the biggest ones first, and hope I get lucky.' he then thought.

"...and hope I make it in time."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/19 22:58:19 )
Eke kept moving.

He found two paths. He took the right one.

That had been a mistake.

He slipped down a hole and landed on his left leg. The resounding crack of his shin breaking echoed through the pitch blackness.

He used his phone to look around. The wind and other cave noises sounded like ghostly voices as he looked for something to splint his leg with. He found some sticks.

He ripped part of his shirt and tied the makeshift splint.

He got up and hobbled along the path ignoring hist now growling stomach

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 02:29:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ryker arrived at the mouth of a large cave, bit his lip slightly, and entered.

'Great.' he thought.

'No idea what's gonna happen in here, but I need to find SOME evidence of Eke.' he thought further.

He then closed his eyes and sighed quietly as he moved. Using his sense of touch to move about, he tried to listen for something.

Anything.

If he heard movement in the cave, he'd go for it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 02:46:09 )
Eke grunted in pain and effort as he moved down the wall.

There was an exit mouth that eke was halfway to.

He couldnt hardly see, even with his eyes adjusteed to the dark. His leg throbbed and his stomach ached as he was starving. How long had he been there?

Was it still day anymore? Eke had no sense of time in the dark tunnel. The tunnel started to move upward.

It was a steep incline and he realised as there was light ahead hed have to climb.

"Dammit.." he whispered. He wasnt sure he could make the climb with his leg. He was surprised he was doing so well healthwise.

He regretted not talking to aly now. He sat there panting.

I wear many faces

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 05:55:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

All he could hear was his own panting...

...until he heard footsteps.

Slow, deliberate footsteps.

Someone else was here, and it wasn't the undead dragon. The steps were too careful. They weren't as heavy. Someone else was definitely in this cave.

And they seemed to be making their way... somewhat closer.

But it seemed like they were also unsure of as to where to go.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 06:00:58 )
He began to panic.

Was it the necromancer? was he going to die?

His breath quickened and he let slip a whimper of fear.

Please, he prayed, Let it not be my doom today

Silent tears ran down his cheeks as he tried to climb up the hole, at leaast so he might not be found.

I wear many faces

Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.