Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Light and Darkness [FIN]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 01:56:23 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

When their eyes met for a moment, Eke swore he saw deep purple in Ryker's eyes, but the man quickly shut them, and gently, shakily, accepted the candy.

"Give... give me... a moment..." he managed to say.

"It... this... this will... go... aw-way..." he stammered.

He then grasped at his chest a little more tightly, before letting out a loud scream of agony.... and then slumping down a little.

"....okay." he said, his voice more normal now.

"Okay. I'm good. It's subsided." he assured Eke.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 01:58:23 )
Eke coughed into his sleeve as he knelt there. "The sugar will help.." his voice was sof, barley there.

Eke felt ready to faint from running but he squeezed his eyes shut trying to clear his head.

"We should get moving before another comes" He whispered slowly standing looking around.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 02:19:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....yeah." Ryker responded after a pause.

"Listen, what about you?" he asked.

"Are you all right?" he asked him. "What happened back there?" he asked further as he rose to his feet, popping the candy in his mouth as he did so.

He then looked around, scanning the area for anything else.

"If more come, they'll want to fight over the corpse of this one." he assured him. "Means we have a LITTLE more time... but not too much more."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 02:29:50 )
"Im fine" eke lied. He began walking towards the exit. His heart was pounding with each step he took.

As he walked, it felt that time slowed as he heard the crunching of leaves. He was focused on getting safe, then he could collapse.

"I dont hear any more wolves yet" He looked back, his cheeks still bright red.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 03:32:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"They're probably fighting over the carcass." Ryker responded.

"Seriously, are you ok?" he then asked, noticing the red cheeks that Eke had.

"I can practically hear your heart thumping." he told him.

"Regardless, I can see daylight in the distance." he went on.

"You'll be out of this forest soon."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 03:39:37 )
"Im fine..." He continued walking. "I just need...to get out to safety"

He was so close to the edge of the forest. His vision went dark as he reached out his hand hoping to grasp the outside world.

The last thing he remebered from that day was hitting the forest floor.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 04:23:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When his eyes opened once more, he found himself laying atop a large mound of leaves, all various sizes. He could hear water running close by, and when he sat up, he saw Ryker sitting by a river.

He had a sturdy thick stick in his hands, with some thin rope tied to the end of it, which was dangling in the water.

There was a small fire going beside Eke, in a circle of uneven rocks, but it was enough to give off some light and keep him warm. It was also clear that the sun was JUST about to peek out from below the horizon.

He also heard Ryker humming and mumbling to himself.

"...as long the river still runs to the sea, hey lucky you, lucky me... hey lucky you, lucky me..." he sang to himself, seemingly oblivious to Eke being awake now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 04:31:07 )
Eke slowly sat up holding his head. He had be sweating from a fever it would seem. He looked to the fire feeling the warmth on his face. He then looked to Ryker, a little surprised he was still with eke.

The young boy got up feeling wobbly and falling on his rear, thankfully, away from the fire. He made a loud "oof" sound and groaned frustrated.

He then looked to Ryker. "M-morning" He attempted to smile and act like nothing had happened.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 04:49:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ryker was silent and looked over towards him.

"Hello." he greeted him.

"I wouldn't move too much if I were you." he told him.

"You still seem like you're sick." he reasoned.

"I'm trying to lure up some breakfast." he then added, looking back at the water.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 04:51:15 )
"im...always sick" he looked away before somehow making his way to ryker.

He sat right next to the man looking up at him. "Why are you still here?" He tilted his head before looking to the waters in the river.

"Your using the wrong bait" he said with a mischievious grin.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 05:15:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Why am I still here?" Ryker asked in response.

"Because." he said.

"That's all you need to know." he told him.

"Also, wrong bait?" he asked.

"The hell do you mean by that?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 05:20:09 )
Eke pulled the string out and tied onto it a soft chewy candy. "Fish like sweet things. Well the bigger ones do" He smiled.

"Im glad you stayed...I would have been wolf food yesterday..." He looked into the water stifling tears, knowing he could have died the day before.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 05:55:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hm. I see." Ryker responded.

"And don't mention it." he said.

"You just happened to be lucky to have found me." he told him.

"Seriously. Otherwise you would have been a snack for them." he went on.

"And what's that about you always being sick?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 05:57:49 )
He looked over. "Yeah. Ive never not been sick. I have...lots of things wrong with me. like how i cant gain weight" he nodded and watched the waters.

"Thank you...really you saved my life" he hugged his knees wishing to hide away now.

He was silent for a while, unless he was asked a question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 06:28:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I see." Ryker muttered.

The two of them then sat in silence for another 10 minutes or so, before there was a large shadow under the water.

"...be very still and quiet." Ryker whispered to Eke.

"Get the net ready." he told him.

"You think you'll be able to handle it?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 06:36:08 )
He slowly looked up. Evidently, he had been asleep.

"Why do i need a net?" He asked groggily rubbing his eyes. He yawned and tried to shake off the sleep. He heard his stomach growl and looked to his bag of candies. He's had to restock soon.

"I mean i can handle a net, but why do i..." he stopped mid sentence realising why he needed a net and grabbeed it. Had he been more awake, he could have used his tail.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 06:57:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ryker was silent as Eke grabbed the net, as the shadow moved closer to the line that was in the water. After a few seconds, there was a sharp tug on the line, and Ryker jumped to his feet.

He planted his feet and held on to the 'pole' as tightly as he could, wrestling with what was under the water. His muscles strained and his teeth clenched, as they fought for almost 3 solid minutes.

Eventually, the creature in the water seemed to lose just enough stamina for Ryker to yank it out of the water.

When it emerged from the river, Eke saw it had shimmering silver scales that seemed to glisten in the light that was just peeking over the horizon.

"Get the net ready!" Ryker commanded.

"This thing'll make for damn good breakfast, and the scales'll sell for some good coin!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 07:04:24 )
Eke grabbed the net but not before he used his tail to kill the beast of a fish. He let the thing fall into the net before grinning.

"I told you! I told you candy worked!" He chuckled. He popped a candy into his mouth sitting back down.

"So...whats your story?" He looked at Ryker before moving back to the fire.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 07:18:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ryker brought the fish over to the fire, and then took out a combat knife from a leather pouch on his leg.

"What's my story?" he asked.

"Nothing special." he said, as he started to scale the creature, the scales coming off like tiny glittering gem shards.

"I was a child slave for a dictator." he told Eke.

"He had me and about 50 other slaves digging to find some large gem called the 'Infinite Onyx'." he said further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 07:22:17 )
"Oh" eke looked down. Made him feel like his story was nothing special.

He lay down by the fire still quiet tired form the day before. Still, Ryker wasnt...terrible company.

"Whered you learn to fish and...whatever it is your doing there?" he asked curiously
Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.