Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Searching for RP partners

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 04:45:55 )
Lately I've been in a creative slump and feel like doing an RP with someone may help. I have a few things regarding my writing style however that may be a put off.
1.I have a tendency to place a heavy focus on character development and may go a bit overboard with my characters at first (Often coming off as being OP or "The Chosen One" but that isn't really the case; I like to do flashy and interesting things that show off the kind of character I would like them to be at some point and as such my first impression may be exaggerated to some degree.
2.A semi-tendency to use long exposition in the early stages or when a new element of the RP is put into action (I.E a character obtaining a new ability, a new setting, etc.)
3.My style is much more suited for something like an anime or a video game. By this, I mean I have tendency to play up tropes and cliches or tend to go beyond the boundaries one would normally associate with the setting for the sake of making a character interesting. (I.E world full magic, my character can''t use magic normally but can find an alternate means in doing so and in turn has high level magics temporarily.)
4.Everything I think up has some sort of visual feel to it. Basically I have an ongoing image in my head that I try to convey through words as best as I can.

If you can work with these quirks, PM and ping me and I'll try to reply ASAP so that we can work out an idea.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:05:35 )
@Master Ren: i could rp with you. Id like to try anyways. I have a new character i want to use.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:09:44 )
@thegreatpretender: Really? Cool. Have anything in mind? I'd rather not have to come up with an idea and then have my partner be annoyed with the way its turning out when they wanted ME to come up with everything....Sorry. Venting a bit on a former RP I did.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:25:20 )
@Master Ren: Well i ws thinking something like a best friends maybe turn lovers or an adoption type adventure thing as Eke has serious medical problems and hes only 13 and a runaway

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:43:53 )
@thegreatpretender: Hmm....something normally out of what I normally do but isn't something I can't work. For something like this I'll go with the whole adoption angle since, I'll be honest, I'm a little uneasy doing the whole romance thing with characters that are younger than 15. Plus, I'm not too accustomed to playing either female or homo/bisexual characters (If that was what you were thinking). I think I'd do well playing essentially a big brother or father figure though.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:46:10 )
@Master Ren: Thats fine. as far as the romance thing i figured the rp would take place over several years but the adoption thing i think would be adorable and sweet

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:57:47 )
@thegreatpretender: Alright. Well I'll leave it up to you to start the thread since honestly, I can't even begin to devise a starting point right now. The only thing I'm thinking right now is that I'm probably going to play a character that is currently on a personal healing trip of their own and is a former doctor.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:58:37 )
@Master Ren: oh i like that. its a perfect fit for poor eke
Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 21:42:45 )
Master Ren:
@thegreatpretender: Really? Cool. Have anything in mind? I'd rather not have to come up with an idea and then have my partner be annoyed with the way its turning out when they wanted ME to come up with everything....Sorry. Venting a bit on a former RP I did.

Pleased to meet you, and interesting.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.