Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Hour of Destruction

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 05:00:20 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The next thing the drow knew, his entire world was black, and the life slipped away from his body.

His body then started to become one with the earth again, as is what happened when any elf died.

However, Demi still had reasons for worry and concern, though.

She, herself, needed to get to a hospital, as she was still wounded from the fight.

Also, she noticed that a crimson red mist was starting to emanate from where the body was... and she knew what that meant. She had to make haste before she inhaled enough of the lethal poison it contained.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 05:16:02 )

Demi was silent as she barely managed to stay on her feet. This was not good, and she knew it.

It took her too long, all things considered, but she vanished from where she was, appearing in one of the mana pods of the Emergency department of OLA. One there, she collapsed, barely even conscious for the moment. The damage from, the mana, and the bit she'd inhaled was wreaking havoc on her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 05:37:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Immediately, some orderlies were tending to her, getting her ready.

"Get this woman to the OR!" one ordered.

"Get a surgeon prepped!" another said further.

"Doctor Calder is available." she heard another tell them.

"Well, tell him this woman needs him, STAT!" one of the first ones replied. "She has severe wounds, and possibly has internal bleeding!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 05:55:29 )

As Demi was being tended to, Desiree was on her way back from picking up a couple of small things from a nearby store.

She had no idea what it was that was going to happen, and she did know that the elves were back. She wasn't worried about them though, since she saw no reason to be, overall. Ashley was cool, as was Syraene.

So... she wasn't worried about the elves, at all. Well, that was a bit inaccurate, she was worried to an extent. Her and Jaden were staying at Vincents for the moment strictly because they weren't entirely sure they could handle the issues if any arose.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 06:09:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As she walked, the people around her seemed to be minding their own business, and nothing seemed to be outside of the ordinary... save for what looked to be a beggar in a ragged cloak sitting on the sidewalk at the entrance to an alley.

They didn't seem to be asking anyone for anything, or even looking up at the people that passed them... until Desiree started to walk past them.

"Hey." they said.

"You look familiar." they commented.

"I do believe you have quite a name for yourself, little Miss." they then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 06:14:02 )

Desiree was silent, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of this.

She honeslty considered just heading off.

"I... whether I do or not, does it matter?" She asked after a moment before she could stop herself.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 06:54:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Depends on the person, I suppose." the figure responded, before rising to their feet.

"The right or wrong individual can use said name for various reasons." they went on.

"Also, depends on what circles one is talking about." they then added, before they raised their head up a little... and Desiree saw crimson glowing eyes from within the hood.

"For example, I know you're a famous magician." they commented.

"And I know you are VERY close to the dhampir." they went on. "And if one wanted to get close to him, all they need do is be able to manipulate YOU." they finished, as their eyes started to glow a little brighter, and she felt them pierce into her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 07:04:04 )

Desiree's first instinct was to look away, to avoid that gaze, but by the time she realised that it was too late. They already had her enough that she couldn't, thus making it quite easy for them to get their mana in deeper, farther, and far stronger.

It didn't take long, only about thirty seconds before he ushered her to follow him into the alley, into the shadows. She did so without any hesitation or complaints, although he could see that there was still enough of her to want to fight him off.

She just wasn't strong enough to actively do it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 07:27:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The drow chuckled lightly as they saw her wanting to fight the mana off, but was unable to.

"Relax, child." they said.

"I don't want to hurt YOU." they told her, gently placing a hand upon her cheek. "I rather LIKE vampires, to be honest." they admitted.

As they spoke, Desiree felt their control becoming stronger and stronger, as their 'claws' extended into her from their hand.

"However, filthy halfbreeds are filthy halfbreeds." they said. "And this world becomes weaker and weaker with their existence. Purity is everything, after all." they reasoned.

"Don't worry, once you have fulfilled your use to me, I will let you go." they then assured her in a soothing, but eerie tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 07:31:51 )

Desiree couldn't fight him off, and it didn't take long before she couldn't even consider it.

The last thought of her own that she had before she succumbed completely was one thing.

Jaden, I'm sorry She thought before the encroaching darkness swallowed her whole.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 07:40:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The drow smiled when Desiree fully succumbed to his power.

"Good girl." he said.

"Now... do exactly as I say, and bring your little hubby to the abandoned building down the street." he told her.

"And do it quickly." he went on.

"Use whatever excuse you think will work." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 07:41:26 )

Desiree nodded, she already had ideas for how to do it, as well.

After things were said and done there, she returned back home to where Jaden was, and looked around.

"Jaden!?" he called into the suite, wondering if he was home or not.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 07:55:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence in the suite.

Absolute and utter silence.

It seemed that Jaden was not there, and that she was alone in the apartment.

Not even the feline that she had adopted so long ago was there, as they had a friend pet-sitting it until the danger of the drows had passed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 08:05:28 )

Desiree was definitely confused, lost, and a bit annoyed as well. She made her way through the suite, looking around, trying to find someone, anyone, and ideally who she was seeking.

It wasn't until she passed through the kitchen and saw the not eon the fridge.

". .... Oh." She said quietly.

"Right..." She added before shaking her head and vanishing from where she was. What she'd bought had been left back at the alley, with the elf.

She appeared in the backyard, as was where she expected to, before looking around to ascertain her exact position. Once she clued into where she was precisely, she made her way into the house.

"Hey Jaden!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 08:26:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few seconds later, the man himself came into view.

"Hey Desiree." he replied.

"What's up?" he asked.

"...wait, where's the groceries?" he asked.

"Didn't you go out to get some?" he asked further, before pausing.

"...or did you already put them away or something?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 08:27:41 )

Desiree was silent before looking to her hands.

"I..." She felt silent before shaking her head.

"I need you to come with me for a minute." She said.

"All right?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 08:47:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Jaden asked.

"Uh..." he stammered, before sighing.

"All right, sure." he replied.

"That... yeah, sure, I guess." he said with a shrug.

"Everything all right?" he asked, as Vincent watched from a doorway inside the house.

'.......hm.' he thought, as he looked at Desiree.

"Desiree." he then addressed her, stepping forward. "Are you feeling all right?" he asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 09:01:43 )

Desiree seemed to ignore Vincent, since she wasn't told to address anyone other than Jaden. Granted, she hadn't been told not to either, but that was just how strongly he'd managed to grab her.

"Cool. It's on the other side of town." She told Jaden simply.

"With my wind it really shouldn't take long to get there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 09:11:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....Desiree, what the hell?" Jaden asked.

"I know this is probably important, but it's not like you to ignore Vincent." he said.

"Because she isn't acting like herself." Vincent responded.

"I can sense it." he said.

"I might not be a drow, but I've known enough of them, been around some enough, to know what control feels like." he went on.

"...wait, Desiree is...?" Jaden asked, unable to finish the question.

"Being mind controlled by a drow." Vincent declared.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/8 09:13:37 )

"Take my hand, I'll get us close. Can't go right there because of people and being seen and whatnot. The usual stuff." Desiree said as she held a hand out toward Jaden.

"But I can get us within a couple of blocks." She added.

That begged a question.

Why was she so focused on Jaden...? What the hell could a drow want with him?
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.