Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Hour of Destruction

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 23:52:44 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

His smile was that of triumph, and it was a sincere one. Though, this wasn't HIS triumph that he was smiling about. Instead, he was smiling at the dusk-skinned woman that had managed to finally accomplish something of a life-goal for her.

All the word, all the failures, it had all finally paid off, as the rune on the floor came to life with a soft glow... before it increased in intensity, and a final pulse showed them it worked... especially when a man of matching skin colour suddenly stepped out of the darkness.

"Finally! Success!" he exclaimed, as the woman looked at him.

"Indeed." she replied, a small smirk on his face.

"Thank you." she said. "You were a tremendous help in all this." she then told him. This caused him to smile with pride, as she merely started to slowly saunter closer towards him.

"...why...?" he said in a quiet, hoarse tone, as he pulled himself along the ground. His wounds were grievous, his hooded cloak was tattered and torn, and he barely had the strength left to drag his body across the ground.

'I loved her... I did everything for her...' he thought.

'I even volunteered to undergo the change... just so we could be together...' he thought further, as he briefly looked at his hand, staring at his own dusk-coloured skin. It was ever-so-slightly lighter than the woman's and the man's had been, but it was barely noticeable... to HIM, anyway.

He then paused, as he heard a howl in the distance, and looked at the crimson red trail he was leaving behind him.

"Oh, no..." he said quietly, as he tried to get to his feet, but found that he hadn't the strength to.

"No... please... not like this..." he pleaded, as he tried desperately to speed up his progress... only to find that it was impossible.

And he could hear the sounds of paws padding on the ground approaching now. It would only be a matter of time before they caught up with him... and he was too weak to properly defend himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 04:35:36 )

She was following at a relatively slow pace. She didn't want to be detected, and she knew that if she was it could be problematic. After a few hours of following the wolves though, she caught sight of them finding a new target.

"Oh... that's not good..." She said quietly, her voice barely above a whisper as she hid behind a tree. She peered around it to see the wolves surrounding a downed figure, one that seemed to make her mana react slightly. When she looked to her hand, she froze a moment.

"What...?" She asked quietly, knowing no one could hear her before looking back toward the figure.

There's no way... She thought. As she saw one of the wolves heading in, presumably for the kill, she reacted fast and dove in.

It wasn't the easiest, but she managed to A) collect the wolves and send them back to the guild so that they could ensure the procurement of what she had been hunting out, and B) save the figure that was downed on the ground. As she got on her knees in front of them to see if they were alive, she noticed who it was.

". . . Chris!?" She asked, shock in her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 04:50:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was silent as the woman spoke his name.

".....Ashley..." he said, his voice forced and rough.

"Ash...ley..." he repeated, though it was clear it took more effort for him to say it again.

He then started to raise his hand towards her, his fingers shaky and jerky, but he then just seemed to stop out of nowhere suddenly.

"Va...nessa..." was all he managed to say.

He then collapsed to the ground, his injuries and exhaustion finally getting the best of him. He was now unconscious... but he was still very much bleeding out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 04:53:02 )

Ashley was silent for a moment before shaking her head. She scooped him up in her arms, not caring about the blood being all over her, and got to her feet.

"Right, I'm getting you some help." She stated to the unconscious man before shaking her head. She used her elven mana, something that she let largely be unusued and hidden, to vanish from where she was. She appeared in the emergency area of the hospital she knew a friend was working at, and made sure that Chris' features were hidden as she approached Triage.

"I got a man here that needs Dr. Rene Calder." She stated. "He's been beaten to within an inch of his life, I think, and there is elven damage included."

She had no idea if they would get Rene as she requested, but she hoped. He would likely do the job best if it was him, instead of another.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:13:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The one that she spoke to looked at her, before looking at Chris.

"..." they were silent, before sighing.

"Doctor Calder is in his office, and has requested not to be disturbed." they told her.

"However, if you are a close friend of his, then feel free to go and get him. I'm sure he'll listen to you, and help this man." they then reasoned.

"In the meantime, we'll prep this man." they then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:17:04 )

Ashley nodded.

"Then I will." She then said.

"You take care of this one, and I'll get Rene." She added before heading off.

She reached the location she meant to before too long. She sighed before knocking on the door, not sure if he would acknowledge her or not. Granted, in the end, she wouldn't stop knocking until he did finally acknowledge her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:31:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was silence on the other side of the door, so she knocked again.

And again.

And yet again.

Shortly, the door swung open, revealing a VERY unimpressed-looking bespectacled green-haired doctor. However, he seemed to calm down almost instantly when he saw who it was.

"....Ashley?" he asked.

"Uh... what's up?" he asked her.

"I'm kinda busy at the moment..." he said, looking at the stack of papers on his desk.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:34:44 )

"Got an elf in need of your services." Ashley stated.

"And he's in dire straits. So mind taking a break from that mountain of paperwork and helping out?" She asked before pausing.

"Not... sure anyone else could actually save him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:41:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Rene was silent for a moment, before he stepped out of his office, closing the door behind him.]

"Well then." he said.

"Looks like we have no time to waste." he told her.

"Let's go." he said, as they both started to walk down the hallway.

"What's the situation with him?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 05:58:32 )

"Found him in some woods." Ashley answered before outlining everything that she had been able to pick up regarding the injuries he'd sustained. At least what she'd been able to see, which admittedly wasn't much.

"And I need an answer to at least one question." She then said as they reached the door to where he was.

"So... yeah... And I realise you won't want to help him, by the way."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:12:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" Rene asked.

"Why would you say that?" he asked her as they went through the door.

"I'm a doctor, I've sworn my life to-" he started to say, before he saw who it was, and paused.

"......you're right." he said.

"My brain is screaming at me to leave him there." he told her. "Buuuut it's also reminding me of the Hippocratic Oath that I took." he muttered.

"But what the hell DID this to him?" he then wondered aloud.

"It looks like he was... well... mutilated."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:21:01 )

"He only said two things when I found him." Ashley stated, closing the door.

"He said my name, proving that he knew who was there and that his mind isn't fucked over, and he said my sisters name." She added without thinking.

"I have no idea about anything beyond that, but it sounds like she grew tired of him. That's the only reason I can come up with for why it was that she attacked him and put him in such a state."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:43:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene raised an eyebrow.

"And here I was thinking that Chris was one of the few people she actually gave a flipping fuck about." he commented, before shaking his head.

"All right then." he said.

"If Vanessa is, indeed, responsible for this, then I'll need your help." he told her.

"Odds are if she let him get away, she had the intention of letting him think he could find help, but put something in him to kill him in due time." he guessed.

"You'll need to help with that." he went on.

"I can deal with the physical injuries, and possibly some of the mana injuries, but it takes a drow to undo what another drow has done." he lamented.

"So, you ready to do this?" he asked her as he started to prep.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 06:49:28 )

Ashley nodded.

"So did I, to be honest." She then said.

"Beyond that, I'm ready to do whatever it is that you need me to." She told him.

"Drow in nature? I can definitely do what I can." She added, an orb of the mana lightly forming above her hands.

"Part of me really doesn't want to, but at the same time... I can't let him die like this." She let out a breath as the mana was extinguished.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 07:13:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene was silent for another moment, and sighed.

"Then let's do this." he said.

It took quite a few hours of work, but Rene and Ashley managed to save Chris's life. They patched him back up, and he was taken away to a room so he could rest.

"There." he said.

"He should be out of the woods now." he commented.

"Gotta admit, your sister did a number on him." he went on, before pausing. "Wait..." he mumbled. "Your sister... Vanessa..." he said quietly, before looking at her.

"All right, I feel like a right sod now, I do." he said further.

"It just truly hit me now. VANESSA is YOUR SISTER?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 07:16:57 )

Ashley paused a moment before thinking, hard, about what the hell he was playing at. After about two minutes of silence, she just sighed.

She'd said sister right up front, when explaining what it was that had happened to Chris.

"Yes... she is." she then said.

"Ashley Encrae. Vanessa's my older sister by about a decade."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 07:35:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I shouldn't be as floored or surprised by this as I am." Rene said.

"But I am." he admitted.

"Maybe it's because you two are so different... like night and day." he commented. "Given your general personalities, you're like polar opposites." he said further.

"Right, but enough about unfortunate blood relations." he then said.

"I can't leave Chris alone in this hospital." he told her.

"He's too much of a risk and threat to others here, to be frank."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 07:38:10 )

'I know." Ashley commented, deciding to move on from the talk of her sister.

"I'll stay with him." She added.

"He may be drow, but he's a turned drow, and that's something that is impossibly difficult to do, for one, and for another results in a far weaker being than a natural." She commented.

"I may be half, but I should be able to stop him from doing anything bad, at the very least."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 07:54:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Rene nodded.

"Right." he said.

"Then go to his room." he told her, giving the number of the room Chris was in.

"I'll consider you the security." he said further.

"Right now, you're the only one I know that could reign him in." he continued.

"........oh, and one more thing." he then suddenly said.

"Anna does NOT hear of this." he stressed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/3 07:56:37 )

"Agreed." was all Ashley said.

"If the draydins found out, well..." she trailed off before sighing lightly.

"That would just be a nasty situation." She paused a moment.

"Also, keep my family to yourself, will you?" She asked.

"I'm... not sure how people would take it."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.