Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Am I the only one?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 18:17:36 )
:alicorn:

Am I the only one who wants to talk about the items, questing, selling/buying, avatars etc on an avatar community rather than just casual talk about the weather etc? :'D

I of course don't mind talking about random stuff at times but on an avatar community i'd much rather talk about the things i mentioned above!
It's probably because my reason for being on a site as this is collecting items, creating avatars, buying/selling rather than having a place to chat?

I escape to my IG a lot to have chats with friends/followers so i assume when i come here, i just want to focus on those things instead!

What's your opinion on this?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 18:38:52 )
That makes sense too. I look at avatar communities as a social platform so it doesn't really matter what the topic of conversation is for me.

Although, more virtual goodies is nice, I don't think about avatar communities and remember what items I had and how much I worked for them and I tend to remember the social interactions that took place. So say, if I remember an item it's because someone gifted it to me - something like that.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 18:40:26 )

@Ixora: Hmm yes that makes sense to me, i also link some items to a person, someone i've bought from or got gifted. c:

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 18:56:04 )
@Nyuu: I don't really remember who i buy stuff from unless like something nice happened with it :/
It's hard to remember where all stuff comes from.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 18:57:38 )

@Ixora: That's true but let's say an item is really hard to find and you finally find a seller, it's memorable at times :D

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 19:03:31 )

@koneko: That's totally cool ^^

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 19:33:51 )
@Nyuu: idk. I guess collecting the items just isn't THAT big of a deal for me.
I never get the feeling that there's something that I really need or want so much. In avi sites, I just make the most of what I have.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 19:39:37 )

@Ixora: I'm quite a perfectionist so getting every item is always a goal for me :'D

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 19:51:46 )
I used to do that but I got tired of it

once you talk about it so much theres not really anything else to say about it

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 20:35:12 )

I like chatting about the site. Please feel free to make any kind of topics you think about.
The people, they will come.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 21:49:13 )
@Nyuu: that's like a solid goal for like Voltra but when you think like... getting everything on Gaia @.@ ded lol.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 21:51:20 )
idk, I join sites to have somewhere to go to talk and share things. The avatar stuff is just an added bonus that gives me something to do in the meantime, like a little side quest.
AKA Count Trashula

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 21:53:41 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

i come on here to make and talk about art mostly and find common interests with other users.
I do buy items and such but i don't talk about it questing and such.
i can't keep conversations on questing/items for very long. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 22:01:17 )

So i'm getting a sense it is kind of just me :'D
i don't know, for me the #1 thing is the site, chatting is something i can do anywhere but this is the only place i can get items / feel like i'm collecting something

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 23:04:09 )

I love that we get a lot of updates, new items and all that, it never gets boring!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/2 23:07:41 )

Same here, i'm pretty excited! I'm sure they'll be great as always and i'm also very excited for new features!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 02:14:40 )
I p much have one single avatar that I use for every site I'm on. Red hair and beard blue vest and I usually never change it. I'm here mostly to socialize once in a blue moon or lurk. Items do not excite me like they used to.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/4 11:34:43 )

I'm surprised so many people are here and aren't that interested in the items...
It's the like the main thing lol

Questing: click here!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.