Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Breath of the Wild

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 06:38:54 )
been replaying BotW lately. found out a few new things, like throwing rusty weapons at rock octorocks polishes thhem. Also im working on finding a bear to sneak up on it and ride it like a mofo. lmao. Also the first time round i had so much trouble with the shrines. lots of them were left undone cause i couldnt figure them out. two years late and im like...no prob man.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 06:49:36 )

I had to reset a shrine because the ball somehow managed to get stuck in a way that nothing would make it move and it would not dispense another ball unless that one fell into the abyss. That was certainly strange.
Have you tried to ride the Lord of the Mountain?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 06:52:45 )

Skyrim with a Zelda coat of paint! Lovely~<3

(In all seriousness I DID enjoy playing the game, but it doesn't feel like a Zelda game to me.)
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/29 00:45:43 )
@Little Crane: ive even tried registering him. lmao. the reaction is glorius

@Amber Lynne: thats because it wasnt meant to. there were a lot of zelda rules broken and good reasons. I adore it. i love how nothing is barred from you.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/29 01:33:51 )

@TheGreatPretender: The reactions are great. I have attempted to register a stalhorse but morning always arrives before I can get to the stables.

Item QuestHangoutSales

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/29 01:36:13 )
oh there are stal horses?! me want

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/29 16:47:10 )

I really loved the level of detail and care that went into this game. Everywhere you go there is something to discover and it really fed my need for exploration. I was always rewarded for seeing what was on the other side of this hill or over that stream. While I do miss the more traditional dungeons, I do understand why they broke up the puzzles into shrines. I'm also not a huge fan of degrading weapons, however I feel like they did a good job balancing the rate at which you acquired weapons so I never felt like I was being cheated.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/30 02:50:42 )
Exactly. Im not great with words myself, but everything about the game is wonderful. It was my first real zelda game to actually play as ive dipped my toes into some others but never got very far I have it for the switch and my goodness it was so worth the money

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 00:57:50 )
It reminds me of the first Zelda game with more characters, there's like no humans you can really interact with in the first game, but you can do whatever you want. I BotW there are actual people to interact with. So that's nice.

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 01:12:35 )
@OHai6464: i believe thats what they were trying to do

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 01:14:00 )
@thegreatpretender: Than they succeeded greatly!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 01:14:43 )
@OHai6464: they wanted to illicate the same feeling as the first did. i remember that

Voltie — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 01:20:56 )
@thegreatpretender: I always liked the feeling of just walking around, doing whatever. Although there are some parts where they give you no direction so you have to walk around until you finally find the thing you were supposed to do. I think BotW gets rid of this by actually having characters so I get a push in the right direction.
Goodbye Have a beautiful time!

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/5 01:49:35 )
@OHai6464: yes theres a push but theres nothing making you follow that push. ive taken quests and just kinda went "Ima go here instead"
Art Shop
https://www.voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7892 Art Dump
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7849 Item Shop
voltra.us/forum/view_topic/7944

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/02/6 18:41:55 )
    I love Breath of the Wild. I haven't played it in a hot minute, but I know I'll go back to it eventually. I got all the shrines completed and I started working on DLC stuff and stopped to play a game that just came out for the Switch.

I'm a big fan of the overworld. There's always something interesting to move towards. I love all the different towns and the quests you can do. Cooking and upgrading your armor is pretty fun. The physics engine in the game is crazy. I'm always amazed by the shortcuts or inventions people have come up with because of physics.

If there's one thing I could change about the game, it'd be the dungeons. All the of divine beasts were so short. While I do like finding the shrines and being able to teleport to them, I dislike how short and similar they are.
    I also wasn't a fan of the story; I wish it had gotten more interesting. I wish we got to know more about the civilization that made the divine beasts and guardians.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.