Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Hobbies and Interests

Donator — He/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 11:37:30 )
What are yours? Could be things you do now, things you'd like to take up someday, things you're learning, or just things you like whether you "do" anything with them or not.

My current hobbies are mostly just drawing (which I don't do nearly as much as I used to) and writing (which I do even less than that). I like cooking, baking, and cake decorating, which I also sometimes do, but not as much as I'd like.
Other interests that can or will be put into practice include crafts like sculpting and jewelry making (I have fiddled with a couple of things and have a small amount of supplies, but lack of time and space has kept me from doing much with this so far), taxidermy (something I don't have the resources or time to learn, but I like to collect what little I can get my hands on), plants/gardening/landscaping (which will be great to learn about once I have my own place), magic (mostly just reading for now, but will put more into practice when possible), and pretty much anything to do with nature/outdoors (I would love to go hiking or camping someday, and I take any opportunity I can to go fishing). I'm also planning on learning to play the banjo. I have an interest in prop making (everything from masks and prosthetics to animatronics and set pieces), but I don't know if I'll ever get around to actually learning how to do it. I guess it depends on time, space, and money, like everything else.

AKA Count Trashula

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 15:44:07 )
Hobbies now would be badminton, lifting, drawing, and I’m trying to learn how to crochet.

In the future, I’d like to read more and never stop lifting lol. Idk why... it seems so boring and repetitive but lifting is really like the gym thing for me.
I’d like to be able to run again but winter getting in my way and also I hate treadmills >.>

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 15:56:42 )

I have a bunch of hobbies:

• Graphics Design: It's not just my hobby it's my passion. I love to do nothing more then design things. From website layouts, logo's etc to stuff for the Sims 4. Heck why do think I have a custom profile on here.
  • Photography: I have not taken pictures for a couple of months but I love being out there and take landscape photo's. I love pretty things and taking photo's if landscapes is really relaxing.
  • Gaming: Yes. I love love gaming. From the Sims to horror games and to lego games. A good way to escape reality.
  • Watching movies/TV shows: I need to pick this up again. Last weekend I made a good start. But I love watching Asian movies. I watch less TV shows but there are some I really like. I really need to get back into Gotham.
  • Listening to music: Does this count? I live for music. I couldn't even live without it. I am a metalhead but I also listen to some kpop and some hip-hop artist.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 17:10:02 )

I have... a lot. More than I can keep up with personally.

I like to draw and have done so for many years. For a long time this was my main hobby and I always had a sketch book with me. Once I switched to digital I was pumping out art work on a regular basis and learning all kinds of things about anatomy and color. I had a great group of art friends and we all supported each other. It was great. Somewhere along the way I fell into depression and the drawings slowed and then eventually stopped. I've just started trying to get back into it recently.

I cosplay pretty regularly at anime cons. I'd say I make maybe 2-4 costumes a year. It's a really fun hobby and I've learned a lot about sewing and prop making. Also about travel preparedness lol. It's also a really good feeling when someone likes your costume enough to stop you for a photo. I also tend to cosplay more obscure characters so when that one person who knows who I am gets so excited that someone cosplayed their favorite, it's just a really heartwarming feeling. I have quite a few local friends that cosplay too and we get together from time to time to work on projects. It's great because we can bounce ideas off each other plus we can sort of pool tools and supplies.

I also have gotten into lolita in the past few years. I currently have only 4 dresses (with a 5th on it's way) and am still trying to perfect my coords. It's a lot of fun to get dressed up and go out with friends from time to time (especially since I'm a thrift store goblin the rest of the time).

I play a lot of video games (though I wish I had more time to actually finish them). I'm fond of RPGs and things with good story or characters. I also like games with good art. I'd like to play more though. My life has kind of been in flux so I'm a little behind on the latest releases, but I've been playing games since I was 4. Actually when I cosplay, 9 times out of 10 it's a videogame character.

I have been known to occasionally dabble in music making, though it's not something I'm very proficient with. High school band was about the extent of my musical training so it takes me a long time to get anything finished and even then I don't know if my songs are even any good. XD

I like to bake, but don't really get time to do it much. Nothing too fancy, I just like sweets.

I've tried many times to learn a musical instrument but I just never keep with it. I did play the bassoon in high school, but it's not something I could reasonably keep up with. I do own a couple flutes, an ocarina, and a harp but I can't play any of them lol. I keep telling myself I'll get to it eventually but... it never happens.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 19:54:16 )

I feel like I have no hobbies and yet a lot of hobbies at the same time. For me it’s more of what I do and engage with daily but it’s different for most people so I guess that makes it a hobby.
I love the Japanese laugague and I don’t know why really. I know Japanese and I studied it in college as my major. I’m listening to Japanese daily as well. Either it’s music or something like anime or a Japanese movie.
I also love anime/manga duh.

I have an interest in housing/local zoning. Now here me out, it sounds boring and sometimes it is, but to fight for housing for people to be able to continue to live in an area is really important to me. To see a new mixed use project we’re people don’t have to be car dependent excites me!
In America, there is too much suburban sprawl and it’s killing us. Sure to have a big house is nice but it comes at a cost that’s more than just money. It’s making us mental and physically unhealthy. It’s not helping areas economically and yet it’s what we do as a country. In most cities and zoned so that it’s illegal to build apartments in about 75% of the city. That’s absurd. No wonder the rent is so high.

Other hobbies include video games, most of which are JRPGs or stuff you can find on Nintendo systems. I like to sing and I used to be in choir. Boba tea and tea in general, eating good food and hanging with friends.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 19:55:25 )

Oh, I also travel kinda a lot, I like going to different places but my body does not lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 21:42:58 )
@koneko: Oh my gosh, I love going down the google hole for hours and learning different random things. Like I literally just did that for tap water quality in my city. haha
I love my pets at well. <3

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/23 22:48:06 )
Drawing, but I haven't done that in a while since the last time I did it, it made me feel really sick.

Watching a lot of twitch streams and youtube videos.

Listening to music.

Reading, although I haven't read in a while either.

I used to take a lot of pictures of nature, but I haven't done that in a while.

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.