Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Vivi's Memories

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:24:48 )

Vague, foggy memories drifted in and out of Vivienne's sleepy mind. Right when a memory was about to fully form, it would float away again. Eventually, they all blurred together so much that it startled her awake!

"Whoa... that was so strange! I've never experienced anything like that before..." Still a little woozy from her weird slumber, Vivi attempted to stand up but found it too difficult. "What on earth happened last night?" It suddenly hit her that she absolutely couldn't remember a single thing about last night. But why?

Looking around the room, trying to find a hint, a small clue about what had happened to her, she noticed her wine bottle was empty. It was also... glowing, somehow. Warily she crawled over to it and poked it with her finger, turning it over so that she could see a label. It read, "Special Fuel No. 14" and in itty bitty letters underneath "Do not ingest. May cause memory loss and other weird but definitely not lethal side effects."

"Oh no... Did I- did I DRINK this??" Vivi's eyes widened and she started freaking out a little. Thinking back to when she dropped something off at Val's, she remembered setting her bottle down for just a moment and picking it back up. "Oh gosh, what if I picked up the wrong one? Oh Vivi... you're such a complete ditz sometimes!"

After a few minutes of rocking back and forth and staring at the abomination lying on her living room floor, Vivienne took a deep breath and centered herself. "Alright, Viv. You just gotta buck up and figure this out! All I need is... Oh I know! All I need is some help from our friendly neighborhood Volties to get my memories back!"

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:25:12 )

Task
Your task is to help Vivi get her memories back by coloring in the images
below and/or writing stories to go along with them! Surely that will help jog her memories!

Pages
Coloring Page One
Coloring Page Two
Coloring Page Three

Guidelines
Start date: January 18
End date: February 10
* You are allowed to color the pages as many times as you like, but the volt prize will only be awarded once per page.
* As an alternative, you may write a short story to go along with a page (colored or not).
You must attach the short story to the coloring page that it goes with when submitting.
*You are allowed to submit both coloring pages and short stories.
Again, you can submit as many entries as you like, but volts will only be awarded once per coloring page.

*Note: Staff ARE allowed to participate but are not elligble to win the Hall of Fame prizes!

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:25:47 )
Prizes
Per colored page: 500 Volts
Completing all 3 pages: 2k Volts

Per short story: 500 Volts
Completing all 3 short stories: 2k Volts

(You may win a total of 4k volts if you color each page and submit each short story!)

Hall of Fame
The best short story, colored image and short story plus colored image will be voted on by staff and showcased.
The winners will each receive a February Crate!

To submit your entries ping @Vivienne: with your image (uploaded to a hosting site like imgur or postimg.cc)
If submitting short stories, make sure to include them in spoilers alongside the image.

Entries

“And the true killer… Was capitalism.”

There was a hushed silence in the circle, only the pop of the crackling fire filling the air. With a huff, Violet shoved her brother, laughing, “That story was terrible! How was that supposed to be scary?”

Virgil rolled his eyes as he glanced away, “You’d be scared if you paid attention to the government.”

There was an annoyed squeak, followed by a thoughtful hum as Vregory tapped his chin, “Eugene says ca….cap… caterpillarism isn’t so bad because it gives us lots of leftover goodies.”

“Exactly my point. The amount of waste produced under the machine of capitalism while workers are left starving is-"

With a faint laugh, Vivienne quickly cut into the angry rant, waving her hands towards the group sitting comfortably around the firepit, “I… I thought it was a very interesting story! But Violet, do you have one you think is scarier?” She smiled insistently.

Giving a mischievous smile, Violet slid a puffy marshmallow onto the end of a sharpened stick, holding it over the firepit between them all, “Oh absolutely, but are you sure you can handle this?” When the group nodded she sighed, and began to tell her tale.

“They say there is a foul creature that stalks these very woods… A large, unseemly beast who’s hunger can never be sated. Countless times, lone travellers looking for a hike enter the treeline and yet are never seen again. But no matter how many hapless wanderers it captures, it’s always stalking, looking for more. Hm…” She paused her story, eyebrows furrowing as if met with frustration as she shook her head, “Now… I’m struggling to remember what it looked like… Mnn…. What kind of monster was it…?”

“A… A werewolf?” Vivienne offered, earning a shake of Violet’s head, “A vampire? M-Maybe a bigfoot?”

“Ah!” Violet’s eyes lit up, holding up her finger with a huge grin, “Of course! This monster… was a goblin!” Waiting for the response, she was only met with three sets of eyes with varying degrees of confusion, laughing as he pressed her hands to her cheeks, “Get it? A gobblin’?”

Letting out a long sigh of annoyance Virgil rubbing the bridge of his nose, “You wasted our time. Why am I not surprised?” Pulling a gooey marshmallow off his stick, he turned to his friend, “Vreg, don’t let her go again. Tell one.”

After a long, thoughtful pause, the rat man tilted his head, “Scary story… Oh one time me and Eugene were walking through this woods and we ran into a bear that was pretty scary.”

“A bear? H-Here?!” Vivienne gulped audibly, looking around worriedly, “You don’t think there’s a bear out there right now d-do you?” She looked to her friends for comfort, earning a pat on her shoulder from Violet as she gave her a smile.

“That would be beary unfortunate, but don’t worry. I’m sure all our noise would scare away any animals out here.”

Vregory nodded, “Mhm when I saw him coming out here he didn’t seem interested in camping so we’re okay.”

The group went silent as all eyes landed on Vregory, who absentmindedly shared a marshmallow with his nearest rat companion. He seemed to miss the heavy atmosphere until Virgil let out an annoyed cough, “You mean this just happened?”

“Yeah was right before I found you guys, I know the city better than the woods so I got lost and-”

Vivienne hopped up onto her feet, laughing nervously, “O-Oh! Look at the time! I… I promised Vanora I’d help… Uh… H-Her wash Timberland! Yeah! Sorry!” She continued to laugh, eyes wide with fear as she hurriedly gathered her belongings.

Meanwhile, Virgil was moving to stand as well, helping his sister up into her chair, “You don’t been to make excuses. We’re all leaving. Screw this.”

“Aw…” Violet laughed as she held onto Virgil for support, turning to Vregory with a wink and a grin, “Congratulations on telling the scariest story of the night. You gave everyone paws for concern! Talk about a grizzly tale!”

Vregory nodded, not really sure why it was time to leave but scooping up the rats as he smiled, “Yeah... I think is a grizzly bear.”

Vivienne was already halfway across the woods, praying under her breath that she never had to find out.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:54:42 )

Sounds like I will be coloring some pages later.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:57:25 )
    Oooh interesting

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/19 18:19:53 )
We’ll carry on

Poor Vivi ;c;

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/20 20:19:29 )
I'll have to keep this in mind :>
something to do before sleeping XD

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 02:06:15 )
can't officially enter so I'm doing this for fun:

“And the true killer… Was capitalism.”

There was a hushed silence in the circle, only the pop of the crackling fire filling the air. With a huff, Violet shoved her brother, laughing, “That story was terrible! How was that supposed to be scary?”

Virgil rolled his eyes as he glanced away, “You’d be scared if you paid attention to the government.”

There was an annoyed squeak, followed by a thoughtful hum as Vregory tapped his chin, “Eugene says ca….cap… caterpillarism isn’t so bad because it gives us lots of leftover goodies.”

“Exactly my point. The amount of waste produced under the machine of capitalism while workers are left starving is-"

With a faint laugh, Vivienne quickly cut into the angry rant, waving her hands towards the group sitting comfortably around the firepit, “I… I thought it was a very interesting story! But Violet, do you have one you think is scarier?” She smiled insistently.

Giving a mischievous smile, Violet slid a puffy marshmallow onto the end of a sharpened stick, holding it over the firepit between them all, “Oh absolutely, but are you sure you can handle this?” When the group nodded she sighed, and began to tell her tale.

“They say there is a foul creature that stalks these very woods… A large, unseemly beast who’s hunger can never be sated. Countless times, lone travellers looking for a hike enter the treeline and yet are never seen again. But no matter how many hapless wanderers it captures, it’s always stalking, looking for more. Hm…” She paused her story, eyebrows furrowing as if met with frustration as she shook her head, “Now… I’m struggling to remember what it looked like… Mnn…. What kind of monster was it…?”

“A… A werewolf?” Vivienne offered, earning a shake of Violet’s head, “A vampire? M-Maybe a bigfoot?”

“Ah!” Violet’s eyes lit up, holding up her finger with a huge grin, “Of course! This monster… was a goblin! Waiting for the response, she was only met with three sets of eyes with varying degrees of confusion, laughing as he pressed her hands to her cheeks, “Get it? A gobblin’?”

Letting out a long sigh of annoyance Virgil rubbing the bridge of his nose, “You wasted our time. Why am I not surprised?” Pulling a gooey marshmallow off his stick, he turned to his friend, “Vreg, don’t let her go again. Tell one.”

After a long, thoughtful pause, the rat man tilted his head, “Scary story… Oh one time me and Eugene were walking through this woods and we ran into a bear that was pretty scary.”

“A bear? H-Here?!” Vivienne gulped audibly, looking around worriedly, “You don’t think there’s a bear out there right now d-do you?” She looked to her friends for comfort, earning a pat on her shoulder from Violet as she gave her a smile.

“That would be beary unfortunate, but don’t worry. I’m sure all our noise would scare away any animals out here.”

Vregory nodded, “Mhm when I saw him coming out here he didn’t seem interested in camping so we’re okay.”

The group went silent as all eyes landed on Vregory, who absentmindedly shared a marshmallow with his nearest rat companion. He seemed to miss the heavy atmosphere until Virgil let out an annoyed cough, “You mean this just happened?”

“Yeah was right before I found you guys, I know the city better than the woods so I got lost and-”

Vivienne hopped up onto her feet, laughing nervously, “O-Oh! Look at the time! I… I promised Vanora I’d help… Uh… H-Her wash Timberland! Yeah! Sorry!” She continued to laugh, eyes wide with fear as she hurriedly gathered her belongings.

Meanwhile, Virgil was moving to stand as well, helping his sister up into her chair, “You don’t been to make excuses. We’re all leaving. Screw this.”

“Aw…” Violet laughed as she held onto Virgil for support, turning to Vregory with a wink and a grin, “Congratulations on telling the scariest story of the night. You gave everyone paws for concern! Talk about a grizzly tale!”

Vregory nodded, not really sure why it was time to leave but scooping up the rats as he smiled, “Yeah... I think is a grizzly bear.”

Vivienne was already halfway across the woods, praying under her breath that she never had to find out.

young dumb and full of crumbs

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 04:09:04 )

@vintage: Wow! Nice job on the colors! I like the mood throughout the entire thing! Feels like I am there :vanora_smile:

Always ping me please.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/21 16:18:53 )

@vintage: That story is cute as heck.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.