Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Dark-Diving Dreams

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 05:06:22 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Lindsay sighed.

"I know." he muttered.

They continued to look, before they stumbled upon a heavily-locked metal door... one that almost looked like it could belong to a safe.

"....hm." Lindsay mumbled.

"This might be the door to the Order's sand hoard." he commented.

"Question is... how to get through."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 05:09:17 )

Vanessa checked it over before pausing a moment.

"Probably is." She stated.

"It very likely is the sand, yeah. There's a darkness here that I don't know if you can pick up on."

"And it's ... more of a threat than I could ever be." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 05:27:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I can pick up on SOMETHING behind it." Lindsay replied.

"And it's honestly frightening." he admitted.

"But we've located the vault, essentially." he then said.

"Are we going to need to use the sand?" he asked her.

"...can we even use it at all, or is it even wise to, actually?" he then asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 05:32:05 )

"My suggestion, is to destroy it." Vanessa stated simply as she crossed arms.

"If we can get into there. Use your fire, render some glass." She added. "If the stores are gone, Chronos will, in theory, havve to show up to replenish them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:03:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm. Not a bad idea." Lindsay responded.

He then approached the door, and checked it over.

"I suppose I could force it open." he said.

"I mean, given how sure of themselves the Order sounds, they might not have protected the door very well, save for... well... from other Order members." he reasoned.

"Or this could be extremely difficult to get into." he muttered, grabbing the door.

"HALT!" then then heard a voice command.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:07:32 )

"Or we could just have some people come and cause issues." Vanessa stated.

"Because they don't realise the swamp of shit they are in." She added before turning to face the one that had called out to them.

"No." She responded to them, simply, before looking to Lindsay for a moment.

"Deal with that door." She ordered.

"I'll preoccupy these idiots."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:17:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was silent, before sighing.

"If you say so." he said.

He then grabbed onto the door, strained his muscles, and started to exert his strength on it.

As he did so, the one that had called out, as well as 3 other people, charged towards him and Vanessa.

"STOP THEM!" the 'head' yelled, all of them swirling with corrupted sand mana.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:19:20 )

"Uh huh." Vanessa stated before holding a hand up, causing a crimson glowing wall to appear. They all ran into it, stopping perfectly for a moment.

It was, of course, Order members.

She had very little lasting effect on them.

"Go away." Was all she said to start.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:32:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The members paused for a moment, clearly trying to resist it, before their bodies seemed to act on their own, and they turned and started to leave.

"HELP!" one called out.

"INTERLOPERS ARE GOING AFTER THE SACRED SAND!" they yelled further.

With that, Vanessa heard a LOT more footsteps.

"Almost... got it..." she then heard Lindsay grunt, the creaking and groaning of the metal door filling the immediate area.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:35:11 )

"Not surprising." Vanessa muttered before there was a solid wall of crimson mana behind her, betwen her and Lindsay.

"Get that door open so you can deal with the sand. Me? I'll deal with these idiots. Been awhile since I've been in a good scrap." She said as she rolled her shoulders. She was definitely ready to brawl, and it showed.

Although, that was one thing that Lindsay had no recollection of ever seeing.

"Come at me" She stated, her voice cold.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 06:55:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay paused for a moment, raising his eyebrow slightly at her statement.

'...that's... new...' he thought.

He then sighed, and continued to pull on the door... as 8 new people started to pour down the hallway.

"Holy crap." he then said, seeing the people.

"Well, have fun? I guess?" he told Vanessa, before yanking on the door some more.

"NO! THE SAND!" one yelled, as some spears of corrupted sand started to fly towards Vanessa.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 07:11:36 )

"Ah, I doubt that sand would be good to get hit by." Vanessa muttered before using her mana to move, fast, out of the way.

As one of the members neared, she reached out in a move, and speed, that Lindsay hadn't seen from her, grabbing the oncoming Member's neck and snapping it whilst throwing them to the ground. All in one fell swoop.

And that was without her mana.

It gave Lindsay an insight to what kind of battle it would be if they were to go head to head with her, if he saw it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 07:24:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hooooooooly crap..." Lindsay muttered.

He then shook his head, and exerted his strength just that little bit more, before he managed to tear the door off of its hinges, and tossed it off to the side.

As soon as he did, a wave of ominous corrupted mana washed out from the vault... so much so, it even made the Order members there pause for a moment.

However, as soon as Lindsay jumped in, they seemed to remember why they were there.

"STOP HIM!" one yelled, as the heat started to drastically rise, and flames began to pour out from the vault.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 07:29:30 )

Vanessa crafted a stronger wall with her mana, completely aware that it was taking a LOT more strength than it normally did for her - granted that was something that made sense. They weren't in the normal world. They were in a connected realm, but not home. Therefore her mana was natural there.

She completely realised that, but it didn't really matter to her. She knew what she had to do.

"All right then." She said quietly before stepping up to one of the distracted members and just laying her hands along the sides of his head, almost framing his face (think like the Doctor does to people he's trying to get in the head of for a visual). As she did so, her crimson nails glowed as it seemed the mana seeped into his head.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 07:56:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The member paused for a moment, before screaming out in sheer agony and pain, just as there was another flare from the vault, and Lindsay started to yell as well.

There then seemed to be a massive surge of both corrupted and fire mana, before the flames and heat seemed to disappear and dissipate almost immediately.

"........" there was silence from the vault, before Lindsay staggered out and collapsed onto his knees.

"...it's done." he said weakly, his voice having a dark edge to it... one it didn't have before.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 08:05:12 )

Vanessa quirked an eyebrow at the dark tone to Lindsay's voice. That... was something she'd have to look into, she was sure. And he was definitely weakened for the moment.

"Hmmmm" Vanessa muttered before the members that were still there. They were stunned for the moment, shocked that what had happened, had happened. She took the chance and just had a spear of her mana circle round, piercing through all their heads, causing them to crumple to the ground. Dead or a live? No one knew.

She then approached Lindsay, setting her hands on his shoulders in an almost motherly way.

"Hey, you ok?" She asked, her voice softer. As it stood, she was going to play this up a bit, to worm into his head. As she knw she was.

Her mana was faintly, slighhtly, starting to seep in. With the contact, it was a lot easier.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 08:26:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lindsay was about to answer, when a sudden voice spoke up.

It was different than any of the voices they'd heard before. It was commanding... it was ominous... and it filled Lindsay with a sense of dread.

"Hold it RIGHT there." the figure told Vanessa as they approached.

"Don't think for a moment that can't see what you're doing." they told her further.

"Now... from what I can see... my Order is in a shambles, it seems." they went on.

"I assume that is why I have been unofficially summoned here?" they then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 08:44:41 )

Vanessa just let out a breath before straightening up and turning to face the newcomer. She'd managed to at least get some of her mana in. That should be enough if there were any remnants before before.

"I was comforting someone after they did quite a bit." She commented.

"What of it?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 09:04:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Mmhmm." the figure responded, as they made their way past Vanessa and Lindsay, before looking in the vault.

"Well, then." they said.

"Interesting." they commented.

"Never seen THAT done with the sand before." they said further.

When Vanessa looked in, curiosity getting the better of her, she saw that Lindsay had actually used his flames and the sand to craft an exquisite glass statue of a phoenix.

Clearly, Casey was rubbing off on him.

"Regardless, thank you both for calling my attention to this." they commented further, before cracking their knuckles.

"Guess it's time for a hard reset."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/24 09:19:07 )

Vanessa quirked an eyebrow as she saw what she did.

". . . never thought you'd be so artistic, Lindsay." She commented, there was a definite lack of venom to her voice though.

"I'll admit, I'm surprised." She then said. "That's... exquisite." She paused a moment before looking to the newcomer.

"I'm just happy you actually shwoed up. This place is a mess."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.