Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Dark-Diving Dreams

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 00:07:26 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just sighed as he made his way through the halls of the Order. It seemed that, recently, a lot of the people he'd talked to were tense, or things were finally coming to a head for them.

He didn't think TOO much of it, considering they were in the middle of a stressful time of the year, as far as dreams were concerned. Politics were shifting in the world, as such, stress ran high, and it meant that they had to put more effort into making sure all their charges had a good amount of restful sleep.

Which was harder than it sounded.

However, for ALL the people he knew to suddenly be so tense? It DID strike him as a little odd.

Just as he turned a corner, he heard what sounded to be a heated argument just down the hallway, so he quickened his pace and went to see what was happening. The pair that he found having the discussion was a pair of more senior members of the Order, held in relatively high regards by others.

But they were really going at each other, it seemed.

"You IDIOT!" one declared. "A nightmare is the LAST thing his campaign manager needs right now!" he growled.

"YOU'RE one to talk!" the other shot back. "What about that recovering addict under YOUR care!? Because of that nightmare you were supposed to cut off, but ended up making worse, he'll probably hit the stuff harder than ever, which could KILL him!" they countered.

"That was unexpected, and not my fault!" the first one shot back. "I specifically used the sand to bring peace and serenity to him!" he insisted.

"And I did the same!" the other one countered.

"Stop trying to cover your sorry ass by hiding behind MY reasons!" the first one then snarled... which, at that point, made it look like things were going to get physical.

"Please, please..." Leo said as calmly as he could, deciding he needed to interject. "Fighting and arguing isn't going to help anyone." he told them as he slowly approached, trying to diffuse the situation.

The pair of them looked sharply at Leo, before they both spoke up in unison.

"Butt out, junior!" they barked.

"This isn't something for YOU to get involved in!" one of them said, reaching out and grabbing Leo by the collar. "I suggest you learn to let those higher ranked than you work out their OWN problems." he then snarled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 03:13:01 )

"Well, it certainly sounds like both of you have royally fucked up." another voice stated as her steps were heard approaching. When they looked over, most likely to lash out, they saw one of the members that outranked them.

"Hands off of him, Stan." She stated. "Before you have my hands on you, and I am quite aware of how much you wouldn't like that." She added with a smirk. There was an air of authority to her, and that wasn't too surprising. She was one of hte oldest members, since most of those above her had retired over the generations, that still remained, and as a result maintained a certain level of respect.

Normally.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 03:49:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Immediately, the two of them froze where they were, fear in their eyes.

Almost instantly the one called Stan let go of Leo, and gulped audibly.

"Y-y-y-yes Ma'am." he stammered.

"We were... we were just on our way!" the second one quickly said.

"Yes, yes, that's right!" Stan agreed, before they started to back away from the newcomer, as well as Leo, who was fixing his shirt from having been grabbed.

"...." he was silent for a moment, and sighed quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 03:57:28 )

"Sometimes it's handy being in my good books, huh, Leo?" She asked with a light laugh as she watched the other two head off.

"And I love how my presence carries such weight... and fear. I'll admit, I hadn't expect that reation, not quite." She then said.

"Anyway, let's get out of here. There's... something going on and I can't figure it out."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 04:15:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo was silent again for a moment, and shook his head.

"I wish MY presence carried some weight." he said.

"ANY weight..." he mumbled.

"But I'm still mostly seen as just some junior, unless YOU enter the picture." he admitted, biting his lip slightly, but quickly snapping himself back to reality.

"And something's going on?" he asked.

"Would this be tied into why everyone seems so angry and stressed?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 04:20:54 )

"I have no idea what the cause for anything is." She admitted.

"All I know is that yes, others DO seem to be far more tense than usual." She added with a light sigh. "But also seems as if you and I are exempt so far. I have no idfea how or why, but it's a thing." She paused a moment.

"So let's get the hell out of here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 04:38:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just nodded in response.

"Okay." he said.

"Let's get out of here." he agreed.

"To where?" he asked.

"Just anywhere that's not here in the Order?" he asked further.

"...hm." he then mumbled, thinking a little.

"Well, spending more time with Nakia is never a bad thing." he admitted.

"But where will YOU go? Just go to being Serenity more... full-time?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 04:58:06 )

"That's pretty much my main option." Was the answer he received.

"And while unfortunate, it's not exactly a bad situation." She added.

"I know that the two there DO appreciate me and what I do for them, so it would allow me to more useful."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:17:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just smiled.

"That's good, at least." he said.

"Then yeah, let's scram." he told her.

"I hear another argument brewing, and if I were to wager a guess, this will continue to spread." he went on, before they kept hearing the word 'nightmare' over and over again.

"....ok, I'm hearing that word a LOT more than normal." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:19:27 )

"Yeah... that isn't normal, and I'm pretty sure it's not good." She agreed with a nod.

"I'll see you later." She added. "If you need me, you know where to find me." She finished with before snapping her fingers, causing her to vanish in a swirl of sand, leaving Leo alone in the ornate hallway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:32:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo was silent for a moment, before he heard an argument making its way towards him.

"...aaaaaaand I'm running." he muttered, before he disappeared in a similar swirl of sand, appearing in the mansion that he and Nakia lived in.

"...." he was silent, looking around where he appeared, which was his workshop.

"Wonder if she's home..." he mumbled, before exiting.

"Nakia!?" he called out.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:42:12 )

Meanwhile there was silence in his office. He didn't feel the mana change in the building, at least not until he heard the soft footsteps on the carpeted hall. Mere moments before there was a knock on the door.

There was an extremely oppressive mana outside the door, as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 05:58:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......................" he was silent as the knock was heard, and he felt the oppressive mana outside it as well.

"Hm." he muttered.

"That's... concerning." he said quietly.

He then sighed, and lifted his hand slightly. As he did so, the door that had been knocked on started to open.

And he tried to mentally prepare himself for what he would see... not that it helped.

"....what?" he asked, when the door completely opened.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:03:30 )

He saw a tall form standing outside the door, a cloak hiding their features, everything about them. He couldn't even tell if they were male or female with how well they were hidden.

The cloak was crimson and gold though, with some golden looking glitter all over it.

It was a cloak he knew, and knew well.

But... this one was not in very good shape.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:11:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh...." the man stammered.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Must admit, I didn't expect someone wearing an Order cloak to show up." he said.

He then narrowed his eyes, unable to ignore the oppressive mana.

It was similar to one he knew quite well... but different.

"Who ARE you?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:14:13 )

"Who I am is of no consequence." They answered, their voice ifentifying them as a f3emale, easily.

"What IS of consequence is that you need to listen to me, and listen well." Seh stated as she approached his desk.

"The world is going to crumble if you don't. The Order is out of control."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:27:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......that voice..." Vincent whispered quietly.

"Excuse me?" he then asked.

"The Order is out of control?" he asked her.

"That was something I never thought I would hear in my lifetime." he admitted.

"What do you mean by 'out of control'?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:33:19 )

'I mean a moron went and infected the sand in the vault. Meaning all Order members that go and collect any from the vault become infected." She stated, her voice short.

"Now, I don't know what the long term damage will definitely be, but I Can hazard a guess that the human race will NOT last long with not having the Order to watch over their dreams."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:55:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He was silent as she made her explanation.

"I see." he replied.

"I do agree that that is, indeed, a very grave situation." he said.

"However... one thing still puzzles me." he went on.

"You say the human race will not last long." he continued. "And yes, that's true." he said further.

"But, forgive me if I'm wrong... isn't that your ultimate goal?" he asked, revealing he knew who was under that cloak.

"Why would you want to stop that?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 06:57:55 )

"Probably because it will be all living things." She answered.

"I specified humans because you are a mere human." She added.

"But of course, if you don't want my help, I can leave. Not an issue. I will just go find someone else who wants to help."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.