Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Show n' Tell: Your OC's for Free Art

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 06:58:11 )

Show me your bb's~
Short Story:
Discuss them/tell me about them. I'll randomly come back here to draw them because I need practice before I attempt a shop. :3

ONCE I CREATE 10 PIECES, I will open up a voltra shop. (Counting Hachi's I did as one piece, so 9 to go.)
My style is...not established yet...I'm not trying to go hardcore anime in what I do but not realism either. We'll see how this goes.
Sorry if I ruin your babes.

Currently Drawing:

3/10: Bioshock's Geko (Sketching).

Slots:
4/10: Apollo's Siren, Jordan.
5/10: Priestess's Master of Disguise, Cecilia
6/10: Vintage's bois Jay and Kane (couple pose first try wish me luck when I get here.
7/10: Hopefully enough practice above until then lol sorry if I ruin them
8/10: QT's Bunny girl (Saw a request thread, thought it was cute.)
9/10: Empty
10/10: Empty

FINISHED

What I feel like I'm doing okay at:

Don't hate doing hands, tbh. Not saying mine look great, but I'm not inclined to burry the hand behind the person.
With more practice I think I'll have good hand mechanics- I'm grasping it. (Ba dum tss)

I think I'm okay at digital symmetrical faces transform tool is friend

Almost prefer to do poses that aren't just standing there, crouching, kneeling, stretching,
leg up, kick those sorts of things I feel good about.

Don't mind doing men or women both in art and in romance heh ignore me

What I find myself struggling with most

Clothing wrinkles- I can get a gander as to 'where' they'd be- but actually drawing them, shading the area- confuses me.

Facial expressions for me are limited to eye brow positioning. I'm not very well at drawing mouths or shading lips.
I tried to shade the lips in Hachi's piece on the female and you can't even tell. It's such a small but important feature orz

HAIR is really hard for me. How many lines to draw? how much is too much? How to convey the texture well?
Where to add shine?? Why does it look so flat.

I literally cannot figure out for shit how to use the blending tool in a pretty way.

Coloring techniques are also weak. I need to find what I'm comfortable with. I've seen so many tutorials and..I just physically
cannot grasp it. orz

Currently using the free trial of Clip Studio. Honestly it's amazing, someday I'd really want ClipStudio it is so user friendly.
When it expires, will most likely go back to using KRITA.

Most Helpful Tips given to me so far.

Draw them Naked first Oh

Think of boobs as wonder balloons how they sit. wow that actually helped a lot lmao

Always use your own body as a reference- use joints as a spacial reference. duh why didn't I think of that

Fixing little things does go a long way, don't deem it not worth it to fix small stuff. im lazy but you're right

If you have a dark colored character, you should have a dark colored background otherwise the brightness
will distract the eye from seeing the fine details. Ah!

Honesty Note: Will frequently look up reference pictures if I am confused. But promise I am by no means tracing.
My biggest reference I use (like constantly) is this app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artpose-pro/id1322105540?mt=8
(But on android, I don't have an iphone)
If this app fails to help me (which it usually doesn't tbh its thorough I can't believe it has bad reviews) then I will google ref pics
"Picture of girl grabbing apple" "Angry Faces" sorts of deal.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:02:09 )

@Matcha: I have FAR too many characters, myself. Lol.
Ranging from My bubblegum sweet Desiree to a vindictive dark elf out for the revival of her race (and the obliteration of the human race), to a couple vamps, and even a half dark elf half humn that was crossed with a Dragon, Ashley.

And that's not even the tip fo the ice berg. XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:06:22 )

Yeah I have like a dozen of unused characters ive created but not utilized for any potential RP and such lol

But I'll take any and all OCs that people still 'care' about haha. Oooh this is my first time seeing Hothouse. Ive heard referenced but didn't know what it was til now!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:14:10 )

@Matcha: All of mine get use!
XD
Just in various things. mostly RPs

If you want an account at Toyhouse, lemme know! iirc, I have an invite code available =)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:15:40 )

@amber lynne: oh yes please! I'll draw a chara in exchange!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:17:21 )

Bioshock:
oh dang, i have ocs that i have neglected and barely do anything with anymore...i just have no storytelling ability and dont do paragraph style rps so idk how to develop them XD

i still like them though

Table top RPGs for sure! If you have time and friends with time; its the best way to make use of em!

Feel free to post them here anyway!

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/15 07:18:47 )

@Matcha: Works for me. XD
I'll Pm ya in a minute or two with an invite code! (Or PM ya saying I was totally wrong. > <. I'm 99% sure I have a couple though)

Meanwhile, here are the characters I have profiles for
You can pick whichever.

If you have something you wanna do that isn't there, lemme know! I probably have a character that has whatever feature you're itching to do. XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 02:20:49 )

@Bioshock: lani sounds interesting and is cute, to boot! :3

@Matcha: I have a few characters, but I've been reworking them, so I'll probably only share the ones I feel have a decent amount of info.

Toyhouse Profile

He's actually really reluctant to sing/enchant people with his voice due to the fear that it might backfire. He considers it an irrational fear as there's no instance of it actually happening that he's aware of, but he doesn't want to chance it. Sometimes the urge to sing is so great, however, that he'll go off by himself and once he's ensured no one is nearby, he'll do so.

Despite his serious nature, he isn't above flirting. The attention he receives from it appeals greatly to his siren instincts. (It isn't something he'll do often, though. And it's definitely kept to a minimum when he's around people he knows.)

Toyhouse Profile

This character is believed to be suffering from a psychotic disorder by those around them when in reality they're just being plagued by a demon.

However, since they've been told this rather repeatedly, they've come to think it's true themself.

They are also struggling with gender identity.

As a result of both of these things, they tend to be shy and withdrawn. However, they have bursts of confidence every now and then, and will be excited and lively during those moments.

Tends to be a people-pleaser.

Feels everything intensely.

Very much an "in love with love" person.

Might share some more later.

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 03:02:27 )
I have too many OCs so summary: all gay bastard disasters

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 17:01:45 )

I love peeking into everyone's creations. :)

@Vintage: post a few gay bastard disasters! Your fav's or the ones your most ashamed of idk haha

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 17:50:33 )

Uh, here's my collection of nerds and cinnamon rolls I guess. Their descriptions are pretty lacking atm. Wanting to revamp some things since I haven't dusted them off in a while. They cute tho.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/16 20:12:32 )
sure here's a small selection of them

I'm ashamed of them all ;3c nah dlkjdl worst boy is Breaker no contest, although maybe Pazu comes close. best boy is.................... Newt wait Newt's a good boy I have one.

I try not to play faves but its obvs James and Kane

if youre curious about any of the ask and I can and will ramble

young dumb and full of crumbs

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 18:44:42 )

Amber Lynne:

@Matcha: Works for me. XD
I'll Pm ya in a minute or two with an invite code! (Or PM ya saying I was totally wrong. &gt; &lt;. I'm 99% sure I have a couple though)

Meanwhile, here are the characters I have profiles for
You can pick whichever.

If you have something you wanna do that isn't there, lemme know! I probably have a character that has whatever feature you're itching to do. XD

I've chosen anna peters if that is okay.
I have her uh, husk done (pose/meat)
Wondering what clothes you'd want her in?
I see straight jackets in the examples, but her bio indicates progress since then/now employed even.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:05:47 )

And to get it preemptively:
@bioshock: Do you have any visual references for your geko girl, or is it loose enough to be free with interpretation of what you wrote? :O
@Apollo im burning: Do you have either a written description or visual reference for Jordan? :O
SORRY DIDNT SEE THAT WAS A CLICKABLE LINK, APOLLO. /dead

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:25:35 )

@Matcha: It's all good, haha. :) And I'm honored that you chose one of my chars to draw!
Btw, I only bring this up since you missed the link in mine, but here is a visual reference of bioshock's gecko girl

pls don't

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 19:28:41 )

SHE POSTED A LINK TOO I MISEED dead
Thank you orz

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 21:00:49 )

@Matcha: Ooohhh, Anna's fun to draw if you wanna draw somethin' a bit less 'normal' or 'standard'. or if you're in a violent mood, LOL

But yeah, there has been progress with her.
Granted, she STILL has the straight jacket as it's a pretty big part of her history. And she DOES still wear it out and about (she likes the shocked looks she gets. Under the radar? NEVER)

So really, you can throw her in anything. Although if you want to avoid the straight jacket, she generally wears dirty clothes when not working - dirty as in literal dirt. She's often in the garden in her basement, meaning loads of dirt and soil on her clothing.
or blood

And yeah, the jackets pretty standard because it's easier than coming up with an idea for some people.

Really, throw her in whatever. Anna tends to stick with comfortable clothing. So not skin tight or anything, but not tons of layers or whatever either.

..... and I rambled. If you need me to say something a bit more concisely, just say so. XD
I know I ramble and whatnot. Sorry!

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/18 21:29:53 )

No problem! :)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/19 00:53:44 )

@amber lynne: Hope I did ok!

Curling Iron based on her story idk haha

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/19 02:23:58 )

@Matcha: Hah. Love it~<3
Thanks!

(yeahhhh those things get hooooot > > )
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.