Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries need some feedback on these linearts~ (wips)

Donator — What The- Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 18:19:58 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

hello~ Just looking for some feedback on a few linearts I'm making. : >

most are finished, a few are not. Any constructive criticism is welcomed, as I'm always learning and growing (these are largly uncolored as these are FUN arts I'm doing on my own time, not commissions)

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 18:41:23 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I don't have constructive feedback. Just love the undertale one a lot wand wanted to say that. xD

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 18:42:43 )

Hey great art! Not really much criticism here, your lines are so smooth. If you want to make your lines stand out a little more you could try experimenting with more varied line widths. Not necessarily needed depending on how it's colored but it would make the line art easier to be interpreted.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 21:08:35 )

@TheArtOfTheFart: Jesus christ! That's really hard to critique..why are your lines so amazing?! HOW DO YOU GET YOUR LINES SO AMAZING?!?! I demand that you teach me all your sorcery!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 22:23:02 )

This video refers to inking specifically but I think the tips in it apply here.
the varying styles of line art and how much they can POP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQuLvpArrPo
(I'm no artist though ahha)

Donator — What The- Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 23:10:47 )
Millet:

I don't have constructive feedback. Just love the undertale one a lot wand wanted to say that. xD

UNDERTALE FTW! *cheers*

Donator — What The- Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 23:11:43 )
Priestess of Pie:

Hey great art! Not really much criticism here, your lines are so smooth. If you want to make your lines stand out a little more you could try experimenting with more varied line widths. Not necessarily needed depending on how it's colored but it would make the line art easier to be interpreted.

oh I do do that now and then! usually after coloring though. (that way I can go back to the lineart and adjust the line widths to the proper areas to give full impact.

Donator — What The- Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 23:14:38 )
Saeyra:

@TheArtOfTheFart: Jesus christ! That's really hard to critique..why are your lines so amazing?! HOW DO YOU GET YOUR LINES SO AMAZING?!?! I demand that you teach me all your sorcery!

errrr. I can't say tbh. I just tweaked with my brushes till I got the line consistency I was satisfied with? even then it's not really a brush that smooths itself out, so it relies on my sense of touch for the smooth part...….I THINK It looks so smooth because I literally draw with my fingers on an ipad screen. *wiggles my smol hands* to me it's more precise to rely on my own hands, then using a stylus.

.//o//.
The Legendary Frump Moff, Artist For Hire, check my artpage!
My artpage!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/11 23:57:07 )

@TheArtOfTheFart: Cool! I never met an artist who doesn't use a stylus or mouse for lineart. Thanks for sharing your secrets with me

PS: We have a no triple posting rule on the whole forum (except in the undercurrent). So we generally just mention multiple people and reply to all of them in the same post. :vanora_smile:

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.