Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat i got beauty related questions

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 03:01:12 )

hi

so i have 2 questions concerning skin/beauty stuffs.

1- what is a product u would recommend for acne? bc i have it and i hate it and nothing works

2- can u pls recommend me a very very gentle makeup remover?? no matter what i use, it always makes my eyelids swell and it burns, even if i'm not allergic to it/it doesn't do the same on my body.

thank u i appreciate u

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 03:08:58 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Momochii: What are you doing to alleviate the acne currently?
I know some general tips like using a clean pillowcase every night, or just laying a clean towel over your pillow every night.

Also, idk if this really helps, but I thiiink it might.
Hot water opens your pores if I recall correctly, and cold should close them.
So, if you clean your face well when you shower, and then end the shower with cold water,
I think that should help keep dirt from getting into your pores as easily since they should be closed up after that.

Have you heard of proactive? Or did you mean a product other than that?

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 06:09:32 )
I had really bad acne no matter what I tried until I started using the Paula's Choice acne kit.
I'd even get cystic acne, but haven't had any since it cleared up.
Now I only breakout due to hormonal changes or after trying a new product that doesn't work for me, but it's mild and easy to manage.

Instead of the full-sized kit, I started with the extra strength travel kit to test whether it worked for me.
They also have a regular strength travel kit if you don't need something that strong.
You can buy everything in the kit separately as well.
I've stopped using the exfoliant in favor of other products since my skin has cleared, but it worked great while my skin was broken out.
I only use the Daily Skin Clearing Treatment as a spot treatment since it can be drying and my skin is already dry, so it lasts forever.

I waited until my skin was clearer to start trying out new skincare products outside of the kit, since some irritated my skin further.
If you have a moisturizer that works for you then stick with it, but if you don't I'd recommend The Honest Co. Purely Simple Unscented Face & Body Lotion (I think it's technically a baby lotion, but it dries quickly, isn't greasy, and wears well under my makeup, so it's what I've been using lately) or one of Cerave's moisturizers.
I stay away from moisturizers that are made for acne prone skin unless I've checked the ingredients because they tend to have alcohols in them that aren't good for your skin, plus I find them drying.

I haven't found a sunscreen that I like enough to recommend, but you should start using one if you don't already.
Certain ingredients in skincare products can leave your skin more sensitive to UV rays, so it's extra important.

To remove makeup I use L'oreal Micellar Cleansing Water.
They have a few different formulas depending on your skin type and one for waterproof makeup.
A lot of brands have put out their own micellar water and they don't all have the same formula, so you might even be able to find something specifically for sensitive eyes/skin if you look for it.
Most that I've tried have been pretty gentle though.

I already linked to one of her videos, but maybe check out Veronica Gorgeois on Youtube.
She's an esthetician and a lot of her videos are on skincare.

And you should be using cool to lukewarm water to wash your face.
The tip someone gave about washing with warm water then rinsing with cold is outdated.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 06:57:32 )
For number 2, I recommend micellar water if you haven't tried it. I also use cold cream and cosmetic sunflower all to take off make up.

Voltie — cat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 17:16:34 )
For acne I suggest checking out the subreddit skincareaddiction from reddit, they have a really in depth beginners guide for your skin type and all sorts of other things like that.

For makeup remover I agree with ixora, the water is good. If you don't have oily skin, you can use a little bit of virgin coconut oil on your face and rinse it off with water. I use it for my waterproof eye makeup so i dont have to scrub with a makeup pad. I cleaned out an old gel eyeliner container really well and put some coconut oil in it, I just take a small dab on my finger and gently massage it onto my lids, then rinse it with warm water.

~ meow

beautiful art by littlewhitedragonlet

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/9 19:51:18 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

For me, I use birth control as a primary acne control/menstruation regulation.
Problem is it definitely leaches some nutrients, and I've been on it since I was 9 years old.

Acne still pops up, to which I rely on these items/regimen to maintain my skin.

Every morning and night:
Rose Witch Hazel, very affordable.

Every shower:
Benzoy

Once every 3-5 days, let this sit on my face for a while in the shower:
Glycolic Acid

I probably get a couple of manageable pimples a month when I stay loyal to this protocol, and when I get lazy I always end up with
a nasty breakout.

I get lots of compliments on my skin but it's high maintence for sure. orz

For makeup cleaner, I use coconut oil.
Wipes it right off and hydrates the face and wipes clean.
Coconut Oil

It's super important to note everyone is different what works for one person, would be a nightmare for another.
We all have different skin profiles and different things causing our acne.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 11:00:14 )
We’ll carry on

@Hazer: how much do they pay you for promoting it time and time again?

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 11:03:56 )
We’ll carry on

@Hazer: you can do it! You just have to become very old.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 11:06:28 )
We’ll carry on

@Hazer: I’m from Neverland, so I will never grow up, so I have no idea

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/10 13:24:33 )
@Tuijp: Preach it

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.