Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent Note to self

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 22:53:50 )

Could it be any harder, to say goodbye and without you. Could it be any harder to watch you go, to face what's true. If I only had one more day.

Could It Be Any Harder - The Calling

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/7 22:55:13 )

What would you do if you had. Just one little pill in your hand. That changed around all you could be. That helped you forget what you've seen. If all you ever wanted, was to let go... (There are so many things that we just don't know about)

Your Hope - The Calling

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/17 07:35:46 )

starry, starry night
paint your palette blue and gray

pls don't

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:00:40 )

Now it's time to wrap our fears in the night. And on the first day I'll dress this city in flames. After all the things you say you hate me for being this way.

Paris In Flames - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:01:32 )

Everything you say you stole. Every dream you dream you bought.

Autobiography Of A Nation - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:02:30 )

Please take these hands throw them in the river, wash away the things they never held. Please take these hands, throw me in the river, dont let me drown before the workday ends.

Before The Workforce, Drowning - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:08:39 )

Is this how it feels when you dont even fit into your own skin? And its getting tighter, every day i'm getting smaller. If I keep holding my breath I'm going to disappear.

Signals Over The Air - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:11:04 )

This is a war we live and the sides are drawn. We're all wrapped up in fatigues and they wear us out. This is a storm at sea. If we fly a white flag, under a black and blue sky, will the red sun rise? (The taste of your kerosine lips burn me up). The glare from your enemy sights make me go blind/ blinds divide the sunlight into thin strips, the size of a blade, in this trench we dig for ourselves. Fourscore and fade. Glare with the enemy heat of the bodies in the bed. there's no retreat. This is a war we live in. Now we're up in arms, with our heads pressed against the wall (and it's wearing thin). These are the screams we swallow, if we fly a white flag under a black and blue sky... this is our war.

Marches And Maneuvers - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:13:10 )

Steps ascend to a loaded gun. The scent of matches hangs in the air (a lit one flickers out in a hearbeat). We don't want to see this: a flash of light that's letting go of an empty bullet case, by the time it hits the ground, he's out of reach. Let go. The wolves are closing in. There's no room left to make amends. Do you remember when we'd fly that kite so high? All the time we've wasted, spent fighting, will burn in the fire of our regrets all the time we've wasted, spent fighting, it's blood and it's running down the stairs. Freeze the frame between the gun shot and the hole it makes.

Steps Ascending - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:14:34 )

War all of the time. In the shadow of the New York skyline.We grew up too fast, falling apart. Like the ashes of American flags. If the sun doesn't rise we'll replace it with an H-bomb explosion. A painted jail cell of light in the sky . Like three-mile-island nightmares on TVs that sing us to sleep. They burn on and on like an oil field. Or a memory of what it felt like. To burn on and on and not just fade away. All those nights in the basement, the kids are still screaming. On and on and on and on.

War All The Time - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:17:20 )

She's the song that you tried to sing. And the note that you couldn't hit. So you locked her up in a music box. Turned the key on all of us. She spins silver strings in the dark. With metal teeth that ring in her heart. When the cover drops. The world just fades.

Telegraph Avenue Kiss - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:18:47 )

Please someone help me - take away my loneliness. Please someone fill me - take away my emptiness. Please someone touch me - take away my longing. mAnd please someone, please someone... Please someone show me the light...

Into The Blinding Light - Thursday

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/28 17:19:43 )

The leaves will fall. And so will you. When you do, bury me under them too. Seconds pass; we'll make it through
Eventually we all go home. It won't be long, it won't be long.

Autumn Leaves Rivisited - Thursday

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.