Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favorite Game Soundtracks?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 05:23:38 )

What are your favorite video game soundtracks? Plz link. I'm always looking for new things to listen to. Gimme gimme! *grabby hands*

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 06:25:30 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Dark Cloud
Dark Cloud 2
.hack//G.U.

I like the soundtracks from these.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 06:46:25 )
In no particular order:

Celeste
Furi
Gris
Ruiner

There's a lot more, but those have been more recent additions to my game music addiction.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 07:09:58 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Priestess of Pie: Wait, I got a great one here.
The Neverhood Soundtrack

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 07:13:21 )

Bless all of these. I'm going to listen to them ALL tomorrow.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 07:17:40 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Priestess of Pie: Chrono Trigger Soundtrack. I'm partial to the Corridors of Time track.

The Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald OST.
I really like the trumpet sounds used in it

Oh oh!
And the soundtrack from the old PC game 'Outlaws'
Super cool 'old western' themed music.

Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 13:44:22 )
My go to is Animal crossings sound track! Its so nice and calming but still upbeat enough to keep you jammin'. Though if your looking to get work done then I highly recommend the Sims 3 soundtrack because, although its not the best, it'll get you encouraged to finish whatever your doing as fast as you can so you dont get driven to madness and start lipsyncing to gibberish lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 13:52:10 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I hope I remember to come back to this thread. I collect hard copy video game aoundtracks. And video game soundtracks make up a majority of what I listen to in general.

Looking for entire OSTs or favorite individual songs @priestess of pie: I'll get back here as soon as I have more than 3 minutes of free time at work haha.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 14:55:30 )

@millet: I like putting on whole soundtracks when I'm working so I don't have to change songs, but I'm always interested in favorite tracks too so whatever you feel like sharing. ( ^ ^ )b

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 15:44:45 )

@Bioshock: Nice, I'll start with Theophany's albums. I've only played a little bit of Majora's Mask but I get the gist of it basically. I'm a big fan of the Undertale soundtrack and by extension Deltarune. Toby Fox absolutely knows how to make a jam. I've actually been listening to Animal Crossing music in the past couple days. My favorites are some of the KK Slider concerts. XD And I'm not a fan of kingdom hearts either but the soundtrack is absolutely good. Probably the best thing to come out of it in my opinion.

@Rallaa: Oooh Dark Cloud. I haven't heard those in a hot minute. I also remember liking the tracks from the original .hack game but I haven't looked into G.U. yet. As for Chrono Trigger, Yasunori Mitsuda is my all time favorite composer so that's a big one on my list. I like to make a game out of trying to guess who wrote each song - Mitsuda or Uematsu. They both have such distinctive styles it's pretty wild. I'll check out the other ones today too!

@Dowan: Celeste has a GREAT soundtrack! I was listening to it last week. I've heard great things about Gris too so I'm looking forward to that one. I haven't heard of the other two but that's not gonna stop me from learning more about them!

@strawberry: Trevor Morris is pretty gosh dang amazing. I remember listening to the soundtrack nonstop after it came out. I do kinda miss some of Inon Zur's work but after DA2 and the very small number of actual tracks and stuff, I understand them wanting to change to a more broad style for such a big game. Also I romanced the egg so everytime I hear the DLC soundtracks I get really emotional

@Cookie: Wow friend, it's hard to find people who even KNOW about DKC soundtracks. What a list of nonstop jams. Good taste.

@Lizard: I listen to AC and Sims soundtracks! I have the Sims soundtracks on my spotify and they are some great instrumentals and occasionally some very funny vocals due to misheard lyrics.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 16:30:52 )

@Priestess of Pie: The only soundtracks I can recommend off the top of my head are the Assassin's Creed ones. My favorites are from 2, 3, and 4.

Oh wait, I lied, I also like the Prince of Persia one.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 16:33:06 )

@Apollo Im Burning: Nice! I have some Assassins Creed in my spotify too. (realizing I can't use AC as an abbreviation for Assassins Creed AND Animal Crossing) I haven't tried Prince of Persia but I'll check that one out too!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 17:09:57 )

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 17:13:51 )

@Millet: YES. Some of these are long time favs and some of these I've never heard and I am looking forward to all of them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 17:16:09 )

Good, I'm glad. :)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 17:52:04 )

@Priestess of Pie: It's one of my favorite series, and I tried playing all of them, but only got up to Rogue, I think?
I actually don't think I finished Revelations, oops...
I own Unity and Syndicate, but didn't get very far into the former, and definitely didn't finish the latter.
My friend was kind and mailed me his copy of Origins, which I actually really enjoyed! Definitely was a challenge getting used to the combat, though. xD
Don't see myself playing Odyssey any time soon, tbh.
As for the Chronicles games, I only played some of China, but I own all 3. I actually suck at being stealthy and this game wasn't as forgiving as the others about that. xD

Anyway, I hope you like the Prince of Persia soundtrack! It's such a beautiful game, imo, and it puts me at peace. :)
the ending, though, lmao

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 18:03:41 )

@Apollo Im Burning: I've only played some of 1 and 2. 1 got super repetitive after a while so I just watched a let's play for the ending and I just kinda fell off during 2 because of busy life. I'm hearing great things about Odyssey though? I'd like to play more of them in general.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 18:16:40 )

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah, I've heard people say that, but I guess I just play it so infrequently that I never really noticed it? lol
Also, Ezio was one of the best things to happen to the series, lol.
I hope you enjoy the games if you get around to playing them!
Honestly, my favorite thing was the multiplayer, so I was so bummed when they discontinued it. TToTT
spent hours on that, man, lmao
Tbh, I stopped being as into the series after the events of 3. D: Can't really say 'cause spoilers if you maybe play them, lol.
I guess I can say that I didn't like how the present day story was being handled. :/
Origins actually seemed to be trying to fix it, I guess, so that's why I actually enjoyed it, but as for Odyssey, idk what it is about it but it just doesn't interest me.

pls don't

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 18:24:18 )

@Apollo Im Burning: Yeah I heard that the current day story portions just kept getting more and more convoluted and harder to swallow to the point where no one cared about them anymore. I do want to play most of them eventually. I own a lot of them, I just haven't had time to sit down and game like I used to.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/4 19:43:15 )

Bioshock:
@Millet: omg thank you for reminding me of legend of legaia!!! augh my nostalgia
such a good game. >.<

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.