Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Undercurrent I need a distraction please help

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 19:15:58 )

My ADHD is making me fixate on toxic stuff and I need someone to talk to. Just playing games isn't cutting it because I just keep tabbing over to watch people argue.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 19:24:52 )

Come Post Count With Us! / In Both These Threads!
(with a referral contest too!)

What kinds of games do you play?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 19:44:26 )

@dragoness129: I like MMOs a lot since I like to roleplay and the combat of standard mmorpgs is really nice to zone out with (especially now that I have my fancy Razer mouse with 12 buttons >3)

But I also play single player RPGs and games like Stardew Valley as well. One game I'm trying to get the effort up to play with the original Baldurs Gate trilogy, but I'm at a really tough part... ><

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 19:49:46 )

Sounds fun!
I like MMOs myself and RPGs.
Stardew Valley is great! I've been playing a lot of Conan Exiles and 7 Days to Die with my husband and some friends.
I've played the 2nd Baulder's Gate game on the PS2.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 19:57:39 )

Nice! I've been playing just Guild Wars 2 for now, but I've poked at Secret World Legends (which is made by the same people as Conan iirc) and I really want to play that BG game! I'm playing the older PC games right now, but I have the first ps2 game and its great~

@strawberry: Thanks, Strawberry. I guess whatever comes to mind? I'm not great with conversations...

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 19:59:09 )

I haven't ever played that one myself, but I've heard of lot of good things about it.
Oh, gotta look into that one. Haven't heard of it.
Nice!
Do you play a lot of games on a PC, console, mix of both?

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:07:25 )

I play a mix, but I prefer the PC overall. Though, I have a lot of Nintendo and Sony consoles. But now that JRPGs are getting more and more common on PC, I don't have to pick and chose as much. :P
And it is a nice game! It's got the best pve content of any mmo, I think. But it's pretty short compared to others in the genre, once you finish the main storyline there's not much for you besides side quests.

@strawberry: It's a Greek name that means Golden Justice. I got years and years ago from an ex-friend, and it's been one of my constant forum names. :P What made you pick yours?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:08:30 )

Guess you need some cute gifs. Let me get on and post those.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:11:08 )

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:17:36 )

@vengeance: !!! Thank you so much!!!

@strawberry: I have a few others that I use, I guess it just depends on what I feel like at that moment. Chrys just sounds cool and is usually not taken, so it's great. XD

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:17:37 )

Nice. I have been playing a lot on my PC as well.
We do have some PS4 games, but it's been a while since I played any myself.
Yeah, the Dark Cloud series is like that too. Not too much to do after beating the short game.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:19:12 )

Ahh, gotcha. I think I have the ps4 version of it, but I haven't gotten around to playing it. I do that with a lot of games... @_@

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:20:39 )

@Chrysothemis: I still have a lot of unplayed games as well.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:22:38 )

Yeah, the kids have been playing on the PS4 mostly.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:22:59 )

@vengeance: Yeah. I've got a Backloggery account to keep track of them all and it's, uh... it's big, lol. Take a look for yourself!

@strawberry: I've never actually spoken it aloud, but I'd assume so. I always say the start of it as 'Chris', at least.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:24:17 )

@Chrysothemis: That is indeed a lot XD Even more then me.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:33:49 )

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:36:22 )

@strawberry: I've been grinding in Guild Wars 2 and drinking lots of hot drinks. Aside from that and exploring around here, I've actually been quite boring lol. I'm just trying to enjoy my free time before the spring semester of college starts. It's gonna be a small one with just one class for me... but it's also my last one, so it's gotta be a good one... @_@

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:41:46 )

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/2 20:54:06 )

@strawberry: I'm not sure how much I'd recommend it to the everyman, since I've been with the series since the very first game when I was a kid so I've got a lot of nostalgia working against me as a bias. It's nice though, and a lot simpler than most MMOs.

And I'm in community college at the moment, but I'm working slowly towards an English degree. ^^

RP Search status... Open!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.