Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Thanks to Metallica

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 15:41:31 )
We’ll carry on

My pets are now calm.

I’m pretty near to shop that sells fireworks and lots of teenagers think it’s fun to set it off soon after they get it (then run out, go back to buy more and set it off again).

In my house right now, there are 3 dogs and 2 cats. The cats and 2 of the dogs (1 is nearly 17 and pretty much deaf) panic wvery time they hear firework.
So I put Metallica on and they all relaxed. m/

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:01:51 )

Is it because you play it often or is it just drowning out the fireworks?

I always forget that fireworks in new years is a thing so it always surprises me. XD

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:09:42 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: both really. They all heard it since they were little so they grew up with it and I have it so loud they can’t hear anything else.

They usually start throwing it here in November, but not this year. They only just started it really.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:12:32 )

Fireworks are banned within city limits here but that rarely stops anyone. But since I never see the booths I forget every year.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:18:37 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: I’m in noman’s land, between 2 small towns.
There are several cities here where it’s not allowed and I wish they would do that in more places.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:30:56 )

I know some places just ban the loud or dangerous ones but still allow like, sparklers and fountains. Little stuff that doesn't make a ton of noise.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:32:37 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: I want to ban them all >.>

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:36:21 )

Oof, well I guess I can't blame you. I think they're fun when enjoyed responsibly but that's probably the exception more than the rule unfortunately. >_>;;

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:46:33 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: lots of teenagers here think it's all fun and games and they never clean up their mess

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:50:42 )

Yeah I'm not thrilled about the idea of unsupervised teens lighting fireworks either.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 16:53:05 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: same but they do. Police can't do much because it takes at least 15 minutes to get here and, by then, they're long gone.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 17:02:20 )

Yeah it's not easy to enforce... even when they end up doing some major damage it's hard to pin down who did it.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 17:20:52 )
We’ll carry on

@Priestess of Pie: the government cut back on the budget of the law enforcement a lot the last years. I rather have them go to the major emergencies then to a few brats.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.