Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2018 Help me pick a name!

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 01:26:30 )
After helping Vivienne and Vontell volunteer at Voltra's animal rescue league,
Volties helped Vivi pick which animal to bring home and adopt.
Your votes resulted in cat #1. The story continues~

This blue eyed, white cat with tan ears and legs that looks like she is wearing boots sneaks her way between Vivienne's legs and looks up at her longingly. Crouching down to pet the darling, she purrs delightfully and even stands upright on her hind legs to reach Vivienne's face and rub her own whiskers up against. Enamored with kitty, Vivienne looks in the portfolio the ID number and read her story.

Found outside on a cold winter day, a litter of kittens trying to feed from her but she was too malnourished to produce milk. Kind Samaritan brought she and her kittens in and the outcome looked bleak for the mama. However, time and patience she prevailed to make a full recovery. All of her kittens have been adopted and she finds herself longing for a family of her own. Pros: Nurturing like behavior would be good for both Vivienne and Vanora's anxiety, she’s very sweet. Cons: Seems her time being feral has left her food obsessed and struggles with boundaries when she senses you're eating a hot meal. Meows incessantly.

Alerted to the sound of footsteps coming up the stairs, Vivienne rushed the finishing touches of the gift she had just brought home. Looking down at the sweet looking blue eyed cat, Vivienne stroked her forehead once more and apologized as she closed the lid of the box. Naturally breathing holes were along the sides, but guilt still rang in her chest for keeping her new family member enclosed. ”I’m sorry, it won’t be much longer she’s coming up right now!” Quickly tucking the box under the tree, just as Vanora whipped the door open and gave a loud sigh of relief. She was covered in dirt and pine needles that tracked behind her as she walked towards the bathroom.
”Hey Viv….just a sec babe…I have to clean up.”

Concern hit Vivienne as Vanora seemed to be falling over and she lunged to catch her. “Vanora! Be careful! What is going on with you?!” Vanora gently grasps Vivienne’s hands that had been supporting her and brought them to her cheeks as an attempt to warm her face. The chill of Vanora’s skin made the hair on Vivienne’s arms stand up.

“I’m okay. Just burnt out from a long day of hanging ribbons and bells. Totally need a bath though.” Helping Vanora undo her various accessories while cleaning the dirtied floor with a rag under her foot, Vivienne felt another concern as the box she brought home was awfully quiet for something advertised as “Incessant meowing.”

“Are you going to be okay getting into the bath on your own, Van?” Concern trilling in Vivienne’s voice. Vanora turned to kiss Vivienne on the cheek, then another quick one off the lobe of her ear leaning in to whisper. “Oh, I don’t know babe. I might be a hazard to myself, maybe you should accompany me, hmm?” Vanora traced her fingers flirtatiously down Vivienne’s arm only to be disappointed by the minimalist giggle.

“As tempting as that is, I’m afraid a bath with you right now would also leave me smelling of dirt and pine. It would also prevent me from getting a hot meal ready for you when you are finished with the bath.” Vivienne gives a solid wink while sticking out her tongue. “Rain check though?” Sighing once again and falling back into her sluggish posture; Vanora nods in agreement and makes her way alone to the bathroom. Just as the door closed, Vivienne darted back to the tree to check on her cat.

As she opened the lid she felt relieved to see the beautiful girl sleeping peacefully and nuzzled up with a fish shaped toy.“Whew, thank goodness. Sorry for the delay but soon enough I promise!”
Slipping the lid back on-Vivienne went and changed into a cooking apron to began prepping a beautiful holiday meal. Lining a new and tantalizing appetizer up on the table every fifteen minutes or so as she sang out loud to the carols on the radio.
After about an hour of this repetition, a freshly bathed Vanora in silken pajama’s gasps. What the heck happened here?? Unsure of the reason for shock, Vivienne started to explain: Why, I was just making us a festive Solstice---!! WHAT! Dropping her spatula in surprise, the food on the table looks to have been nibbled on in varying ways and leaving a complete mess. Food also slowly spilling onto the floor.

”I wish you had mentioned Vreg would be joining us…I’m totally fine with it but the rats-” Vivi smacks her forehead annoyed at herself for not being more attentive, and she notes the box where her gift was sleeping- has the lid off. ”Vanora, I’m very sorry but I need you to help me find a white cat with blue eyes and tanned legs that look like boots.”

Confused Vanora raises her hands up and raises her tone flabbergasted. ”That’s AWFULLY specific!” They both begin checking every crevice of their home and under the tables and it took checking under the couch a few times before finally seeing the shimmery blue eyes.

”Found her! Help me lift the couch Vivi I think she might be stuck!” They both lifted the couch to tilt it back to the wall, struggling and begging the kitty to run and go- however, the young girl was more than content right in the spot she was in, and without a care in the world is gnawing down on a slice of cantaloupe. After louder begging from both Vivi and Vanora, the cat grabs what’s left of her slice and calmly walks out from under the couch and back into the open area of the living room. The girls carefully drop it back down so not to scare her. ”AWE, Vivi she is adorable! Let’s keep her!”
Eyes wincing at the irony, Vivi points at the gift box the cat was initially stored in.
”Yes that was the plan. Happy Solstice Van, I brought home a food obsessed cat.” Shoving her face into her hands in a grown, Vanora’s laughter and gentle voice as she engages with the cat, puts her at ease.

After cleaning up the mess, Vivienne and Vanora enjoy the rest of the delightful foods the best they can. Despite frequent interruptions from their new cat meowing in the back- and them impulsively getting up to check on her each time. Finally, the young girl comes back out from searching the home and makes her way to Vivienne's lap contently. They are filled with laughs as their cat meows in response to their own conversation. Van and Viv are looking forward to acclimating to life with their new family member. Discussing over dinner, what her name should be.

Please submit name suggestions in this thread.
(One name entry per user, don't need long copy pasted lists. These names should be thoughtful!)
Staff will pick their favorite name which will become an companion NPC to Vanora and Vivi
as well as purchasable in the shops. The winner can "adopt" this cat in the 5 colors of their choice.
Second best will receive 5k volts.

Also, post pictures of your own pets at home! We'll pick three photogenic creatures
to win their owner a common orb!

Npc — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 01:28:38 )
You have until January first to submit names and photos. :)

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 01:34:41 )
How about "Nibbles"? 'Cause that's what she does, apparently. :viowink:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 01:41:34 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

^Ha! That's a good one.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 01:45:29 )

@Vivienne: The Feast Beast!

Also, my cat is not gonna be winning any beauty contests soon, she is an ugly duckling but I love her!

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 02:02:54 )
Yay! Glad you picked kitty #1. She's such a sweety.

As for her name, I'd like to suggest "Snowflake". I could imagine her fur is as white as the snow and you found her during winter time ^_^

And here's one of my cute Kitty at home:

His name is Tiger, by the way ^^
There is something haunting in the light of the moon;
It has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 02:09:02 )

@Saeyra: All cats are beautiful! Yours is too!

@vivienne: Please consider naming her Sassy Boots. aka. Sassy, Sass, Sassafrass, Booty, Bootiful, Baby Booties, and Boo. So many nickname possibilities. ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 02:29:00 )
If you find a food she particularly likes, you could refer to her by that.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 03:18:38 )

@Priestess of Pie: Easy for you to say, yours KNOWS his angles! He is like the MASTER of selfies!! I literally had to hold mine at the back of the neck to keep still so I could take a picture!!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 03:19:56 )

@Saeyra: Mine are definitely hams. XD I think your baby is a super cutie though. Those colors!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 03:28:42 )

@Priestess of Pie: She does kinda look like a Pollock painting haha. She is an outdoor cat so she is not used to staying still and just hanging. She wanders around alot and stares at me through the windows like a creepy stalker. Unfortunately I am allergic to cats so I can't keep her inside so I just feed her really well and make sure she's always got a place to stay and clean water.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 03:30:56 )

@Saeyra: Aww that's unfortunate. =( Most cats (unless they're feral) will warm up to you eventually, but if you're allergic cuddles are probably out of the question. It's really nice of you to take care of her though. I'm sure she appreciates it.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 03:36:09 )

@Priestess of Pie: I am the sneezy kinda allergic not the itchy skin allergic so I can snuggle her abit as long as I don't put my nose in her fur and inhale her (which I have done to other cats before because I am weird) or let her on my bed and pillows. She is like a dog sometimes and walks with me around my village and hangs around while I am mowing the lawn.

Always ping me please.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 03:39:08 )

@Saeyra: That's not weird, that's cat therapy. Guaranteed to lift your spirits.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 04:16:07 )
@Saeyra: But your cat is so cuuuute >u<

@fielkun: so boop-able DX

@priestess of pie: asjhdkjsa that tongue so cute ; ___ ;

I'm here to compliment everyone's pets. All 10/10 would pet
shfdfjkgklfd gonna watch this thread to look at everyone's pets XD

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 06:16:13 )

I just wanna a share my attention whore.
I'm lame enough ti have given him an Instagram page. XD
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 08:07:01 )
@Amber Lynne: cuteness overload!

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 08:34:11 )
I think I can't enter names but I can share an orb with you...

his name is Alphonse and when I agreed to that name, I had no idea it was an anime reference.... I just thought it was a nice dapper name for my awful, loud boy...

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 09:01:10 )

hmm well y ou could call her Mama, seeing as thats what she was and what everyone calls her..

And her younger 'brother' though not by blood.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — boss baby Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/30 10:06:06 )
^ oh seconded, I love her now... cooler than I'll ever be

edit: boltra bamboozled me so now I'm pointing at nothing like a fool

young dumb and full of crumbs

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.