Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games I'm playing Harvest Moon BTN right now

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 02:19:05 )
Have you guys played HM before? It's too addicting. It's already taken too much of my break times. ; v ;
Damn, I can't decide which girl to court so I'm throwing flowers at every girl at the moment.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 02:25:32 )

*slams fist on table* COMRADE.

I'm a huge HM fan. Like wow. I really need to fire up the 3DS and get back to Story of Seasons before I forget what I was doing. >.<

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 02:42:39 )
@kiwi: What Harvest Moon games have you played tho? o.o

I don't have the older consoles, so I just use emulators. ;n;
It just doesn't feel the same, but at least I get to feel the nostalgia of playing it again.

@Priestess of Pie: //slams fist on table AMIGO.

I don't have the consoles to play those, so I just comfort myself with the older games.
Story of Seasons looks so beautiful tho.

But full honesty though, who should I court in HM:BTN? I CAN'T CHOOSE.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 02:52:00 )

I played the 1st Harvest Moon on SNES to death. Unfortunately I didn't have the systems to play them until I finally picked up Sunshine Islands on an emu. Then I was ALL ABOUT THAT FARM LIFE. I also really enjoy Rune Factory, but am sad that the company that made them is no longer around. =(

@Kurohon: I think Elli is really cute but I can't choose for you. >.< I also didn't play as much of that one so I'm not as familiar with all the events.

@kiwi: Wahhh I wish I had access to my Wii so I could go back to Animal Parade. I want to marry the wizard. =(

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 02:59:55 )

@kiwi: Right? Everyone's so cute. ಥ_ಥ It's so hard to choose just one, but too time consuming to choose more than one.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 03:03:36 )
I just checked out Rune Factory and I'm low key tempted to use emulators to play it. Everyone looks gorgeous asdsadkjf

@Priestess of Pie:
Wait, if Rune Factory is dead, is Story of Seasons still pushing out more games?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 03:04:04 )
I love HM!
My favorite ones were A Wonderful Life and Innocent Life :D

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 03:07:59 )

@Kurohon: Yes, Story of Seasons is owned by Marvelous which is the original company that made HM. Rune Factory (after the 1st one) was owned by Neverland (the company that also did the Lufia/Estopolis series). I believe they leveraged the same publishers though in other countries for localization (Natsume and then Xseed). Presumably the staff from Neverland was absorbed into Marvelous, so there's a chance we may see another Rune Factory game someday (though maybe not the same title - not sure who actually owns the rights to the name now).

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 03:35:01 )
@Ixora: Oh, I remember playing A Wonderful Life! I think I chose to court Celia and the kid was very cute :'D

@Priestess of Pie: So HM split into two games? That's kinda confusing.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 03:41:50 )
@Kurohon: I ended up with Muffy! I didn't want to court Celia cause I know the story makes it like there's a fight with Vesta :<
I think I've played most of the old HM games. The newest one I've played was Tale of Two Towns... it was kinda fun cause you can befriend the mountain animals.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 03:44:32 )

@Kurohon: It IS confusing. Originally the game was created by Marvelous under the name Bokujou Monogatari in Japan. When it was localized in America under Natsume, they called it Harvest Moon. Well a few years ago Marvelous decided to step away from Natsume as a publisher and start using their own newly created publisher Xseed. Unfortunately Natsume still owns the rights to the actual name "Harvest Moon". So now the actual series that we know as Harvest Moon is continued under Story of Seasons while Natsume continues to put forth lackluster games under the Harvest Moon name. =|

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:01:17 )
@Ixora: I honestly felt bad for Celia, that's why I picked her. I didn't want her getting married to a random stranger. ; n ;
I haven't played Tale of Two Towns, but wow. The characters all look beautiful?? And you can befriend the mountain animals?! How?

@Priestess of Pie:
That's messy. From what I understand, Story of Seasons is producing lackluster games under the Harvest Moon name while the original Harvest Moon, Rune Factory, dies? That's messed up.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:05:12 )

@kurohon: No no no. Story of Seasons is the good games made by the original producer Marvelous.

The Harvest Moons being released by Natsume recently (like that awful minecraft garbage) are by Natsume and they're not great.

Rune Factory was made by Neverland who went bankrupt and no longer exists as a company. Marvelous took in the former Neverland employees so that they'd have a job but the future of the Rune Factory series is up in the air at this point. Not anyone's fault in particular.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:07:18 )
@Kurohon: You can try to leave the food they like on the ground near them and earn friendship points.
When you become friends, the aggressive animals (boars, bears) stop attacking you and later on they can give you gifts.
Some of the male characters also have reverse proposals.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:08:24 )

UNGRUGRNGH Tale of Two Towns was so good. I made so much money fishing it was ludicrous.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:10:07 )
@Priestess of Pie: OMG I LOVE HANDFISHING!
but i hated the trip to the other town ; __ ; like "Y U NO RUN FASTER"

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:17:37 )
@Priestess of Pie: OHHHH
That makes much more sense.

@Ixora: That's so cute. o.o
Low-key want to drop BTN and start playing Tale of Two Towns right now...
Ping me if you want a reply! I like getting pings

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:20:11 )
@Kurohon: I meeeeaaaaan........ I'm gonna stop you XD
It makes me want to play Tale of Two Towns too. I think someone told me Trio of Towns was better but I've never tried that.
ever since Stardew Valley... I've pretty much not been playing HM/SOS games ; __ ;

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:23:15 )

@ixora: Yeah the trip between was pretty brutal. XD The owl was a blessing.

Trio of Towns is very good! Best so far imo. There's a ton of stuff to do. It's a little overwhelming at first lol but you settle into a pattern soon enough. I love the character designs and the translation is really so much better now that Xseed is doing it.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/24 04:47:53 )
@Priestess of Pie: Yeah I had to carefully plan my trips across cause it's such a waste of time in the beginning XD
I never did manage to unseal the tunnel. Maybe I should try again lol.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.