Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games What games are you looking forward to in 2019?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 04:35:42 )
This year has been rough and I'm a little out of the loop regarding what's on the horizon. Tell me about the games you're excited for.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 04:38:24 )
Kingdom Hearts 3!! Can't really think of any others. XD
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 04:52:05 )
Ah yes, KH. Lots of people excited for that one. I never got into the series but I know it's pretty close to the hearts of most gamers.

@Bioshock: I definitely can't afford all of them. That's why I'm trying to come up with my 2019 strategy. Which games to save for, which to ask for as birthday gifts, etc.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 05:01:26 )
@Bioshock: I find that most of the good Nintendo titles never go down in price so those I'll just have to shell out the dollars for, but if you want, like, an Assassins Creed or anything else that just keeps churning them out, just wait for 3 more to come out and get it for $5 from GameStop's clearance bin. >_>

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 05:16:46 )
@Bioshock: That's a sound decision and definitely understandable if you don't use controllers. I was raised by my Nintendo so controllers are what's most comfortable to me. I even use them when I can on PC games, though so many games that supposedly support a controller are absolutely half assing it. I'm also something of a collector so I prefer hard copies if available, though for more modern systems I'm starting to prefer games on PC when possible just because I'm going to have to update the bejeezus out of them every time I want to play anyway. =/

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 05:39:55 )
@Bioshock: There's also the issue of just no longer supporting the downloads anymore. You can pay for a digital copy of the game, but if that company goes under and discontinues their service, if something happens to your copy or if internet connection is required to play (for some hecking reason) you're just SOL. Another issue I've run into is older PC games just stop working. Companies don't want to support patches for old games, but a console, when well cared for, will always work. I think that's another reason why I don't like the newer consoles these days though. They require too much input from the net. They really are just specialized computers now.

And I agree with you on Gamecube. I didn't have one when it was current, but the controller is a thing of beauty.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 06:21:51 )
@Bioshock: It feels like eventually it will no longer be profitable to develop a new console and everything will just be computers and cloud based services, but I hope companies step up their service game before then because it's a mess (generally speaking) right now and though they've been pushing for a dynamic like this for a long time, they still haven't learned their lessons about it.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 06:35:52 )
In no particular order:

- Shadowbringers: FF XIV
- FF XV: Episode Ardyn

:viowink:

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 06:39:59 )
@onsenmark: Ha XD when they announced the new expac I was excited and then depressed because I am two expansions behind as it is.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 06:41:51 )
@Priestess of Pie: don't feel bad; I still haven't gotten the Royal Pack for FF XV yet.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 07:34:18 )

New Main series Pokémon game
Shin Megami Tensei V
Animal Crossing
And I feel like I’m forgetting one...

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 14:23:34 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh man, I am so ready for a new AC in my life.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 15:32:05 )
@Priestess of Pie:
Looking forward to Shadowbringers FFXIV of course.
Animal Crossing...
Fire Emblem!!!!
Also wanna hear some new info about Story of Seasons for switch dammit!!
[72/150]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:00:56 )
@Selaphi: Oh man oh man oh man. Are they working on a new SoS? I haven't finished the last one ( ̄ー ̄;I guess I should fire up the ol' 3DS.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I hadn't heard of that one before but it sounds interesting. I may have to watch for that one.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:04:53 )
@Priestess of Pie:
When they announced the switch they had their logo on there.
But here we are almost ...2? Years later and still no news.
[75/150]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:10:51 )
@Selaphi: What are you doing Marvelous? D= Still holding out for them to revive Rune Factory also.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:14:19 )
@Priestess of Pie:
Ain't that the truth. 3 & 4 were really good.
I didn't mind the others either like Tides but 3 perfected the battle system from the first two and then 4 came along and made really good bachelors. I had a hard time choosing who to marry. Dylas was hotter than I expected him to be. @.@; I also thought Leon was hot.. Ended up marrying the goofball Doug, cuz he was just too hard to resist.
[77/150]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:19:15 )
@Selaphi: It really is a shame about Neverland. T-T And yes, Doug was an absolute cutie. All the characters were really. I ended up marrying Leon myself. Wonderful husbando.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:25:21 )
@Priestess of Pie:
I was really torn about marrying Leon or Doug.. Something in Leons story kind of turned me away. I thought it was really sweet and sad but ultimately I decided to marry Doug. Maybe he had less baggage? LOL. Leon was handsome & who could turn down a Egyptian kitty man? Yum.

I think Rune Factory's designs appealed to me a little more. The last few art styles for SoS sorta fluctuated from the Animal Parade style ( which I didn't HATE but it wasn't really giving me ~hottie~ vibes ) and then the Strawberry Shortcake looking styles of Tale of Two towns. The style since A New Beginning isn't BAD, I just wonder where they might go from here. If that's the way it will stay.
[78/150]

Graphic Artist // I love to draw avatars! // Cats are pretty great.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 16:29:56 )

I was exited for the new Just Cause until the reviews rolled in. I will skip.

97/150

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.