Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:40:52 )
@Priestess of Pie:
Well now I have a mighty need for pie. Guess I know what else is on the grocery list now.
I'm also rather partial to birthday cake, my grandma used to pick them up just whenever when I was a kid..

[5/150]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:43:02 )
@Selaphi: My mom always made our birthday cakes and friend, let me tell you, those were some delicious cakes. She was really good at decorating too.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:45:37 )
@Priestess of Pie:
That sounds lovely!
I like baking cakes but icing them is not exactly my best skill LOL.
I did make a carrot cake from scratch once and it was amazingggg. @___@;

[7/150]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:46:47 )
@Selaphi: It definitely takes practice and a steady hand. Also? Don't try to ice a warm cake. >.< That's a travesty in the making.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:48:43 )
@Priestess of Pie:
Haha I did learn that one. It ends up putting cake dust all over or ripping it entirely.. ; ;
However if you wait too long the icing wont smoothly spread and you might rip the cake anyways....
Although perhaps I could sliiiiightly warm the icing for easier application or something.
This will take some experimentation, though with no birthdays coming up it could also be dangerous to my waistline LOL.

[8/150]

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:50:37 )
@Selaphi: Sometimes the type of icing matters too. I prefer a buttercream myself.

But yeah... can't practice too much unless you have other people to eat your expiriments. XD

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:54:13 )
@Priestess of Pie:
Buttercream is definitely my go to. I like cream cheese sometimes, usually for my husbands birthday I will do a devil's food cake with cream cheese..
This last time though we did buttercream because he wanted colorful sprinkles on the cake too.

[10/150]

Graphic Artist // I love to draw avatars! // Cats are pretty great.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:07:21 )

@Priestess of Pie: oh hai. I’ve already seen you around and I didn’t even know you were new here! Welcome.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:08:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Yup! I've just waltzed right in and made myself at home.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:14:37 )

@Priestess of Pie: good. I love it when people do that. The community here is not that big and we always like new people.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:15:58 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm not the chattiest person, but I try to participate. I actually like that the comm is small. It's easier to keep track of what's going on. I think I'd be overwhelmed elsewhere.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:18:46 )

@Priestess of Pie: a lot of people like that this site is small. I don’t want it to be big like Gaia but sometimes it’s hard to find someone to chat with depending on the hour.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:20:22 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes I do notice some dead times during the day, but honestly I'm supposed to be doing other things anyway so it's a nice distraction without being something I have to check constantly to stay on top of.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:37:35 )

@Priestess of Pie: oh that’s true.
I used to be super active on here but this past semester I went back to school, while still working an office job, while buying and moving into a new house. Oh and I traveled twice.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 21:42:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Don't tell anyone but
I am actually at work right now. (●´・∀・)b

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 22:16:54 )

@Priestess of Pie: How did I miss your intro thread!
Hello there and welcome to Voltra! Yes people are super friendly and generous. This is the first avvie site I was ever really active on as well. The people made me fall in love with this place and I hope they have the same effect on you too. This place feels like home to me. The site just celebrated its 1st birthday recently but we have already quite alot of items and options. If you have any questions about anything or need help in any way don't be shy to ask!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 22:26:05 )
@Saeyra: I'm sneaky like that. I pass under the radar all the time. I keep it low key and worm my way into people's hearts. Now you've got worms.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 22:49:47 )

@Priestess of Pie: it’s ok. I’ve been there before.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/19 22:53:25 )

@Priestess of Pie: Ah crap now I have to go to the vet! "Can I have some deworming pills pls? Its for my dog. Whats his name? uh...Spike?"

Always ping me please.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/20 00:32:09 )
@Totalanimefan: My job is actually pretty lax so long as my work gets done.

@Saeyra: Sorry I gave you worms. =(

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.