Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games I suck at video games (help me plz be better)

Donator — Easterbun Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 15:06:29 )
does anyone recommend anything NEW that i could play ?

I've played alot of game from the gamecube and wii in my past but really nothing else.....

I'm a sad little non gamer ;w;

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 16:59:09 )
What kind of games do you like? And what systems are available to you?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 17:02:28 )

@GuttedBunny: How new do you want it to be? Steam has a large selection of free games you could play. Free games

The best free-to-play Steam games 2018

Donator — Easterbun Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 17:33:14 )
@Priestess of Pie: not alot--- xbax 360 and 1

gamecube,

and a wii

@vengeance: :oooo i'll take a look when i can

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 17:50:50 )

@GuttedBunny: There are enough free gamesto play at steam so no need to spend money. Unless you want to of course.

Donator — Easterbun Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 18:47:18 )
@vengeance: i don't have money right now ;w; XD

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 19:06:25 )
@GuttedBunny: I agree that Steam has a good variety of games to play, free or otherwise. They also have sales all the time for games that aren't free so you can get some pretty great deals. It's hard to for me to recommend games without knowing what kind you like. RPGs? Action? Platform? Metroidvania?

In the absence of that information though, here are some of my favorites. I'd list more for the older systems, but they are getting kind of harder to find, especially GameCube. They can get quite expensive.

I will recommend Harvest Moon: Animal Parade for the Wii. You can usually find this at a reasonable price. It's such a chill experience.

For XBox 360 I recommend:
Borderlands - very fun shooter with a great sense of humor. Best played with friends, but still enjoyable solo.
Child of Light (also available on PC via Steam) - a beautiful side scrolling RPG with puzzle solving
Dragon Age series - One of my favorite series of all time. Though they are all western RPGs, game styles vary a bit between releases. The characters and story telling are always top notch though.
Mass Effect Trilogy- By the same company as Dragon Age, but this is more of a shooter with special abilities and a sci-fi setting. It's an amazing adventure. First one is really rough to play though so feel free to skip to number 2.
Mega Man 9 & 10 and Metal Slug are great retro classics.

XBox One I haven't played as much since a lot of the games are also on other systems, however here's some that I do enjoy:
Final Fantasy XV - though the base game's story falls apart halfway through, the character interactions and battle systems are fun and I really enjoyed exploring this world.
Ori and the Blind Forest - a beautiful platformer with some pretty difficult dungeons
Shantae: "Half Genie Hero" and "the Pirates Curse" - such a great platformer! Cute characters and great level design. Very whimsical.
There's also a ton of indie games to download from the store, though most are also available on Steam.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 19:55:00 )

Oh I second priestess of pie's suggestions. Really good quality games there!

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/18 02:44:41 )
Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 for wii are pretty decent.
For a non-gamer Animal Crossing City Folk might be a great Wii game for you also. ^^;
Animal Parade is also one I enjoyed.

I mostly stick by my Animal Crossing suggestion for Wii. Don't really know for Xbox systems but I also second Steam for a variety of other types of games.

[6/150]

Graphic Artist // I love to draw avatars! // Cats are pretty great.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.