Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing the Timestream

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 08:23:56 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The enforcers surrounded her, and restrained her with cuffs.

"Move along!" they ordered her with a violent shove.

Sure enough, she was taken to the same building, taken down the same elevator, and shoved into the same room.

After a bit, the elevator opened again, and Jackson was led out of the device.

"Well, then." the leader said.

"Any last words?" they asked her.

"This is your last chance to revise your way of thinking."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 08:27:52 )

"I refuse to drop down to the level of you lot." Ana stated simply, plainly.

"I am not a hypocrite, not once in my life have I ever been. IF I am to die, I am not changing that stance." She said before looking toward Jackson as he approached. She didn't say anything before stepping up to him, again.

"Hello." She said calmly, kindly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 08:34:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." Jackson was silent, and the leader's laughter bellowed throughout the room.

"Talking to that?" he asked.

"You must be some kind of desperate." he said.

"It took a while, but we turned this freak into a useful tool." he told her.

"Now it is what it should be. A tool, as I said." he added.

Jackson continued to stare blankly at her... however, she swore she saw his eye twitch slightly... just as she was pushed back lightly, and the 'goggles' forcefully removed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 08:48:14 )

As Ana's host was turned to stone, Ana fled the body and stepped into Jacksons again.

"Jackson, J, it's me." She said to the empty air.

"I refuse to let you rot here." She added, knowing that she likely wouldn't get a response.

"I will keep sacrificing my hosts to chip away at your shell. I will get the Jackson I knew and loved back." She promised before waiting a second. She wantede to see if there was ANY reaction before leaving, even if she didn't expect there to be any.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/31 19:52:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She didn't seem to get any sort of reaction at first, but just as she was about to call it a loss, and leave his body, she noticed something down one of the many hallways that spread out from where she was.

She swore she saw something... and then heard a very light tapping.

She walked down the corridor in question, before noticing that a pebble-sized piece of the wall had chipped off, and landed softly on the floor.

But what did it mean? Was this a clue as to where Jackson's consciousness was in here? Or was this just something unrelated?

She didn't have time to ponder it long, before she heard the orders from the leader barked once more.

"And put her out in the park!" she then heard.

"Display her RIGHT beside the one she was at when she started this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 00:33:48 )

When Ana left this time, she knew that there was something there. She knew some piece of Jackson was still there, and it was going to take time, and effort, to bring it out.

She just hoped it wasn't all for naught. For all she knew, it would do nothing, it would just mean that he'd be killed or beaten down again. And if that happened, she didn't know if she could pull him out a second time.

This is not going to be easy. I gotta figure out a bigger gameplan for this... she thought with a shake of her head before heading off, back to where she knew she'd be safe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 03:23:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

When she 'came to', she found that her new body was that of a red-headed teenager with freckles, and a flat chest.

"Welcome back." her friend said.

"So, how did it go THIS time?" he asked.

"Find out any more info?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 03:24:55 )

Ana pat her chest slightly before sighing.

"More akin to how I naturally would be." she muttered before looking toward her friend.

". . . . well, some of the walls were chipping away within Jacksons head." She answered.

"So I'm pretty sure I'm making a difference. The only thing that I'm not sure of is whether or not it's actually worth doing." She admitted with a sigh.

"Seriously.... if I break him out of whatever slump they beat him into... will it actually be for good? Will they kill him after? Will they just beat him down again and make it impossible for me to break him out again?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 03:33:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, it all depends on... you." the man replied.

"You know him better than anyone else." he said.

"You've got to ask yourself what HE would want." he told her.

"And then make your decision from there." he said further.

"I'm sorry, but that's the best answer I can give."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 03:37:29 )

Ana sighed.

"I know." She commented.

'I just... I know." She didn't say anything more before shaking her head,.

"It's not easy, at all, to decide, eitehr."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 03:58:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll support you, whatever you choose." the man responded.

"I'm serious." he said.

"If you feel you can save him, and that is what he wants, then do so." he told her.

"I mean, if it were me, I wouldn't want to be left in that state." he then said.

"For what it's worth, I'd want to be brought back from the void, so to speak."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 05:50:42 )

Ana nodded.

"I... honestly, I do think it'd be best. Even if he dies... at least he'd die with some dignity." She commented.

"And I think... maybe he'd agree, but I can't say for certain." She added.

"I need in there... I need to talk to him...." She grtowled lightly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 06:04:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, then I suggest you either find a way to do so, or keep hammering away until you get a breakthrough." the man responded.

He was then silent, before sighing quietly.

"In the meantime, I'll see if I can remember how to get into contact with someone that can help us." he muttered further.

-10 hosts, and an unknown amount of time later-

She had managed to make her way through the 'maze' of a 'prison' in Jackson's mind, but Ana finally made her way into the depths of it, where she discovered a heavily locked door... with a small window in it.

When she peered in... she saw Jackson there, looking like a scared hermit.

"...heh, so you finally managed to find me, eh?" he asked her when she looked inside.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 06:07:41 )

Ana was silent as she stood there. She'd managed to stay in his head longer this time, forgoing getting out of there while he was being taken back into holding.

"I can't believe what happened to you, Jackson." She said after a moment.

"You were hell to find, as well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 06:15:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, that's by my own design." Jackson responded.

"I knew that they would break me. It was only a matter of time." he said.

"So I built up various defenses, and sealed myself away deep inside... so that I could at least keep some of myself in here." he went on.

"Just in case something like this happened, to be honest." he added with a shrug.

"So." he then said.

"How've you been?" he asked her, making eerily calm small talk.

"Been a while since I saw you last."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 08:26:04 )

"That... is quite an intelligent design." Ana commented before pausing a moment.

"Nevermind how I have been. I need to know. Should I continuing working to break you oto fhere? Even if it would mean your death?" She asked, her oice honestly curious.

"And beyond that, do you have any idea as to how to change this world?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:02:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jackson just laughed. It was light, it was jovial... it was concerning. It showed Ana that, although he'd managed to sequester himself away in his mind, things still got to him... even if just a tad.

"I want to die, Ana." he suddenly told her, his eyes almost drilling into her.

"I don't want to be a weapon for these monsters." he went on.

"I know what they're having me do... and every time I do it, I can feel another little piece of my soul break off and shatter into nothingness." he said further.

"I guess I'm the... SOUL survivor of this." he then added, before bursting out into laughter for about 5 seconds... the laughing quickly dying off, though.

"And change this world?" he asked.

"Only way to do THAT is to go back to the past to alter the timeline, at this point." he told her.

"And I only know one person that can do anything even CLOSE to that. And even then, it'd be pointl-" he started to say further, before pausing suddenly.

"....maybe it wouldn't be..." he mumbled, thinking about something VERY seriously now.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:11:46 )

Ana couldn't deny the concern that was filling her as she heard all that he said, and those laughs. they didn't sit right with her, at all.

When he seemed to change his tune, so to speak, she paused.

"Eh?" She asked,

"What do you mean?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:26:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jackson just sighed.

"Well... there's a guy that can send your... soul? Spirit? Essence? Whatever... back in time." he told her.

"However, you're nothing more than an observer. And the time is limited before you need to return to your own time and body." he explained.

"So it'd be useless to change the past." he said further.

"But you're nothing more than a spirit or soul... so it shouldn't interfere with your natural abilities." he told her. "You may be able to stay IN the past if you take control over your host back then from... yourself."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/01/1 21:28:09 )

Ana was silent for a moment after Jackson said what he did before meeting his gaze. There was an almost steely determination to them, something that had been lacking before. Sure, she'd been determined, but this was different.

This wasn't personal.

"All right. So who is it, where are they, and how do I convince them to do it?" She asked

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.