Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Changing the Timestream

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 08:09:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

He sighed as he pushed his way through the crowded sidewalk, forcing his way past the people, but always making sure he wasn't jostled TOO much. People shot mild curses his way at times, but he had somewhere to be, and he needed to get there, lest he miss his ride.

He looked to be a young male, not even 16. He stood a little taller than one would expect for his age, around 5'10''. His hair was short and messy, naturally jet-black with silver streaks running throughout. He wore a plain white tee-shirt under a faded denim jacket that matched his jeans, alongside dirty grey sneakers. He was also carrying a duffel bag that seemed to be crammed full of stuff, but the odd thing was his choice of eyewear.

He was wearing sunglasses that were as black and opaque as his hair... even though it was grey and cloudy out. Some people even muttered derogatory commented to him about them, but he didn't seem to care. He had somewhere to go, and nothing was going to stop him from getting there.

...until he noticed that there seemed to be some sort of commotion happening off in a less crowded part of the area, but it was definitely shadier... both literally AND metaphorically.

"....." he was silent as he heard some sounds of what he thought was a scuffle, before sighing.

'Damn it.' he thought.

'Oh well, I got time. And I wanna see what's happening.' he admitted.

That was something about him. He didn't fear trouble. He always seemed to be drawn to it, and he wasn't about to change anytime soon. With that, he changed direction, and headed to what was going on... whatever it was.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 22:33:46 )

As he neared, he could hear the commotion better, more clearly.

And what he heard was not anything good. It almost sounded like someone was being attacked strictly because they were believed to be a 'freak', a mutant.

He didn't hear any replies from the accused though, which one could argue was odd.

As he neared, he saw a group of people, he counted about six heads quick and easy, and one blonde girl, who looked to be about 17 years old, against a wall of the alley. She seemed almost calm, though, which was definitely odd.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 23:48:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The 6 that seemed to be the aggressors were armed with various weapons and/or implements. A couple were wielding lead pipes, another had a spiked bat, and the other three had large switchblades.

And they did not look very pleased.

"...freak." one repeated to the female.

"Your kind don't belong in this world." another spat.

"We'll teach you to show your face to us normals." a third one hissed, before the one that had just arrived sighed and cleared his throat loudly, causing a couple to look behind them, at him.

"Whaddya YOU want?" one of them asked.

"This isn't your problem." the other told him.

"It is NOW." the young male responded. "I'll MAKE it my problem if I need to."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 19:10:03 )

The one that they were cornerering just sighed as she became aware fo the newcomer.

"No, please. Do not worry about me. I can handle this." She stated with a smirk.

"I can just give them night terrors for the next three years." She added with a light chuckle, a dark chuckle.

"Or perhaps just break their brains... that sounds like a wonderful idea too." She then sai. All the while, she was saying it because of the fact that she knew people could be scared off with nothing more than words. If they honestly believed she could do that, then perhaps there would be no blood shed this day.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 21:20:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

4 of the 6 of her assailants flinched when they heard that.

"Night terrors?" one asked.

"Brain breaking?" the others said in unison.

"Don't listen to her!" one of the other two snapped.

"I can't risk night terrors again! Not after the last mutant I encountered!" the one that mentioned the night terrors exclaimed, before he dropped his lead pipe, and fled the scene, running past the young man.

"We don't need no mental crap happening to us!" another yelled, as the other 3 dropped their weapons as well, and followed suit, leaving just the 2.

And they were armed with large switchblades.

"Cowards!" one of them yelled out, as the other quickly snatched up the switchblade one of the runners dropped.

"Hmph. We'll discipline them later." they said.

"For now, let's show these two kids what it means to mess with the Asphalt Aces." they added.

"....ah, that tough-guy gang that thinks they're vigilantes when they kill and attack mutants." the young male commented derisively.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 21:23:43 )

She just crossed her arms beneath her breasts.

"Really?" She asked.

"I am naught but an innocent teen. I was merely on my way back to school after bein' away for the weekend." She stated.

"Why did you decide that I would be such a 'perfect' target?" She then asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 21:49:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Don't play innocent!" the one with two blades shot at her.

"We know you're one of THEM." they said.

"And HE must be as well!" the other insisted, pointing at the young male.

"Hah." the young male responded.

"Your information system is nothing but rumours and supposed sightings." he said.

"Oh, shut up!" the first one yelled. "She outright admitted saying she has freak powers! Now this ends!" they declared.

The two of them then looked at each other, nodded, and split up. The one with two knives went for the girl, and the other one went for the male.

"....." the male was silent, sighed, and dropped his duffle bag.

"Because of course it would come to this." he mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 21:56:21 )

"Never heard of fear tactics, huh?" She asked before sighing and side stepping the one that came for her.

"But hey. Your stupidity will be your mental break." was the last thing she said before reaching out for his head. There was an almost ethereal glow around her hand though, and as she neared, it grew. When he pulled back and her fingertips were about an inch away, the newcomer was able to see what looked like tendrils go from her hand into his head, freezing him in place.

She looked to the other one and smirked.

"Shall we go with mind-melting terrifying?" She asked him calmly before chuckling.

"I will just cross a few wires. Nothing too serious." She then said without waiting for his response before withdrawing her hand, mere moments before the one that was attacking her collapsed, twitching.

"And now he has no physical control, and no recollection of the last three years." She looked back to the other one, her expression calm.

"Hold him newcomer. I will make sure he can't come for us."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 22:03:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The young male had been holding his own against the gang member, but it had mostly been dodge tactics. He had avoided all the attacks and attempts, and the member had sustained a little damage in the process.

"What!?" they exclaimed.

"You got it." the young male responded.

Then, before the gang member could respond, he swept his leg under their feet, causing them to collapse to the ground. In another swift action, he slammed down on their back, twisting one of their arms behind their back, and grabbing their hair, pushing their head down onto the concrete below them.

"Got 'em." he said to the female.

"Do whatever voodoo you do." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/16 23:17:20 )

She just nodded before laying her hand against the attackers forehead, her fingertips touching lightly.

"Say farewell to the past three years." She said before the one the newcomer was able to see far closer and in more detail than before, the tendrils that extended from her hand and into his head.

When she pulled away, it was the same as the previous attacker. Once he was on the ground, she met his eyes and sighed.

"My name is Anastasia." She told him simply.

"And I wish to thank you." She added. "I surely would have been able ot handle them myself without your help, but your arrival certainly was something that made it easier."

"Is there anything I may do to repay your kindness?" She asked with a smile.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 00:14:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The male got off the gang member, and was silent for a moment, before shaking his head.

"Yeah... seems like you could've taken them on your own." he said sincerely. "But I tend to be attracted to trouble, and when I heard what it was about, I needed to step in." he told her.

"After all, those like us gotta stick together." he reasoned.

"Name's Jackson." he told her, introducing himself in return. "Though some call me Jack, and some can get away with just calling me 'J'." he said further.

"And don't worry about repaying me." he went on. "It's cool." he assured her.

"I just need to catch a bus real quick." he then said. "And if I miss it, it'll be a long wait for the next one." he sighed.

"I'd rather not be late for the first day of a new school." he added with a shrug, as he adjusted his sunglasses.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 00:15:09 )

Ana just paused a moment before looking him from head to toe.

"School, huh?" She asked.

"Where?" She then asked. "If you do not mind an inquiry of the sort." She added.

"Depending on where, I may be able to give you a ride. I was planning to call a cab to get myself to where I am aiming to go. If they are near each other, I would have no issue with letting you ride with me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 00:39:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Eh?" Jackson asked.

"Where?" he asked further.

"Uh.... hmmm... what's it called again...?" he mumbled to himself, trying to recall it.

"I can't remember the name, exactly." he admitted.

"Professor Xavier's... something... something... for Gifted... something." he said, giving as much info as he could, scratching the back of his head sheepishly.

"Sorry, that's all I got." he told her.

"If that didn't help, I wouldn't be surprised."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 00:42:40 )

Ana just laughed.

"Actually, it helped brilliantly." She told him.

"We are both going to the same location." She added with a smile as she pulled a cell phone out of her pocket and dialed a number for a cab.

"Let us get to the street." She then said with a motion of her head to follow, as she walked past him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 01:06:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jackson was silent for a moment, before he picked up his duffle bag, slinging it over his shoulder.

"Sure." he replied, as he followed her out of the alley, and into the sidewalk.

"So... you go to that school as well?" he asked.

"I shouldn't be surprised." he said.

"But what you did back there was... really cool, and unnerving." he commented, meaning for it to be a compliment... which she could tell, given his tone.

"Those tendrils were really spooky-like." he told her further.

"But... is that, like, your thing?" he asked.

"Memory manipulation, or just general brain scrambling, or something else?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 01:07:40 )

"Oh, more bluntly, I'm a ghost." Ana told him honestly.

"Anything that one could hope to do with a non-physical body, I can do." She added.

"It's actually pretty handy sometimes." She added after a second before placing the call.

"They'll be here in about five minutes. And no oneed to be careful what you say or anything, since they are employed by the school."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 01:53:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jackson was silent again, before nodding.

"All right." he said.

"Cool on the cab." he commented.

"When they get here, and when we get in, I have questions." he said.

"Like... a number of them." he mumbled.

"Your explanation of what you do and are answered a lot, but brings a lot more questions to the front." he went on.

"Though I'll buy it being handy at times." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 04:00:12 )

"Very handy." Ana stated with a laugh.

"Largely means I cannot properly die." She added with a shrug.

"I am almost a form of immortal, really."

"Anyway, I will answer whatever I can once you ask them." She said with a smile.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 04:17:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll ask them when we're someplace we can speak more freely." Jackson told her.

"Speaking of such matters in the open can invite... problems." he mumbled.

"Still, that was impressive, what you did back there." he said.

"I have no doubt you could have taken them, but it still seemed unfair for there to be 6 against 1." he reasoned with a small shrug and a yawn.

"But, they seemed to be all bravado and bullcrap anyway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/17 04:21:18 )

Ana shrugged.

"That is very true." She agreed. "But also it is rather common."

"More often than not, even if one is not unusual as you and I are, one can easily bluff their way through an unsavoury encounter." She commented.

"It really is not hard. You just need to know what buttons to push."
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.