Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Literature gimme dat spooky stuff //books & manga

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/14 02:47:43 )
Locked due to 6+months of inactivity in the thread. If you would like this thread unlocked, please PM a mod.

I haven't really found many books that terrify me, or even make me scared at all. And I wanna change that, dang it.

I'm looking for spooky stuff that involves ghosts/demons/etc. I don't really get too spooked by much else. D:
I'm cool with real stuff or fictional, and I don't mind if it's young adult or adult.

:3 thanks in advance!

Click here for the Spooky Film/Tv Search! || Recommend spooky games!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/14 04:04:29 )
I'm here to recommend literally the entirety of Junji Ito's manga work. The man has mastered the art of the page turn.
His stuff is mostly psychologically creepy/spooky. Like you'll read one of his stories and then just kind of. Think about it. Forever.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/14 04:15:20 )
You gotta @Mention me.

I'm here to second everything by Junji Ito.
My personal favorites are: Enigma of Amigara Fault, Army of One, and Human Chair.
Search for his stuff with the Junji Ito Index.

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — Turtley Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/14 10:43:10 )

I like psychological thrillers a lot... do you consider those spooky?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 06:11:35 )

@Turtle Sensei: . . . Spooky or not, I'm totally game for recommendations on my end. XD

Donator — Turtley Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 06:29:07 )

@Amber Lynne: haha ok. I'll pull up my kindle list once I'm done knitting this snowman.
:plasma-orb: PLEASE ALWAYS PING ME! I'M OFTEN STONED AND FORGETFUL! :plasma-orb:

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/15 21:35:51 )

@Turtle Sensei: Oohhh, yay~<3
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — Senpai Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/05/17 20:17:51 )
My favourite horror manga are Uzumaki and Tomie by Junji ito! I would definitely recommend them to anyone who loves horror. I suppose anything by Junji Ito is a good horror manga, as the previous comments also said. But if you're not into his work then I would recommend Homunculus, but it is very disturbing! Also the Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni series is also very good, sometimes a little confusing but overall a good series.

As for horror books, my favourites are classics like Frankenstein, Dracula and The Haunting of Hill House! I really love the classic gothic horrors. I hear that The Woman in Black is a good ghost story? I've never read it myself yet though. Most books by Stephen King are horror based too, you could look into his works and see if any interest you. Lastly, I have to recommend you a book called House of Leaves, I can't really say too much about it without spoiling it but if you're a patient reader it is a great book.

Sorry if it's long but I hope my comment helped! :)

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.