Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 14:40:41 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 14:53:10 )

I read cats don't like orange peels.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 14:55:51 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 14:59:29 )

However there could always be that one cat likes it. Cats hate the smell of citrus. So lemons and grapefruits also work.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 15:06:45 )

[x]

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 15:13:11 )

Cats are weird. I saw an image some weeks back about cat petting area's:

Now onto my cats.
Cat #1: LOL do you wanne die area favorite part of hers. Also likes the ok area.
Cat #2: Awh yeee area, do that and you will be done for. Ok area, loves, loves, loves

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 16:18:52 )

I hope the smell idea works. I've had more problems with my parent's cat eating the bottom branches than knocking stuff off. I think it's only the fake trees he does it to though.

Does the ornaments on the tree look like any toys the cat has? I wonder if they think we just put toys in a tree for them to get like a bird out of a tree lol.

@vengeance: My cat loves her belly rubbed and even lefts me put my face on her tummy. She does have limits, but she's usually good about giving you a warning. It's usually my own fault for pestering her lol.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 16:21:39 )
Cats are transdimensional beings, let them do what they want
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 16:35:49 )

[x]

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 16:43:18 )

@Apollo Im Burning: You have a Charlie too? Mine is Charlotte, but we call her Charlie for short. I've known a few cats to go after hair bands/elastics (so many different terms for those things). I know my aunt's cat fetches them lol.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 16:59:25 )

[x]

Voltie — Lil' Birb Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 17:03:14 )
There is a device called Ssscat which is a canister of compressed air attached to a motion sensor and it sprays a puff of air whenever something goes by. It works wonders for me with my cat and the counters when I'm not home and i'm sure it would work for your cat and the tree lol!

Also be careful with your cats and elastics/hair scrunchies! If ingested they can get stuck in their intestine causing a foreign body and that's a $4000 surgery.

Art by Uncledaddy!

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 17:03:42 )

@Apollo Im Burning: Charlotte's name started as Emo Charlotte because she was standoffish as a kitten. Her name is now Charlotte, Princess Wetchin because her chin gets wet when she drinks.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 17:36:54 )
@apollo im burning: my kitties hate foil. My mom hated when my kitties got in her special recliner. Recliner plus foil equals no kitties on the recliner. 😂

Make a foil tree skirt. 😂
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 18:00:49 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

Cats are evil. I know. My cat recently peed in the clean laundry basket. I have a cold. I didn't notice the smell. My coworkers had to tell me at work, and I missed a full day at work because of it. When my supervisor finds out about it on Tuesday - when she gets back to work - she is NOT going to be happy. This means I have missed 6 and a half days of work in the past month and a half. NOT GOOD. We can only miss 9 in a 90 day period, before we are fired.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/9 21:50:47 )
You gotta @Mention me.

@Apollo Im Burning: I hear you deter cats from getting on counters by putting sheets of aluminum foil over them.
The noisy foil scares them off.
So maybe put it around the base of the tree will deter them away from it?

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 01:53:37 )

[x]

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 07:29:21 )

My cat always wants to mess with the Christmas tree. Ugh.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 14:50:16 )
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!

@Apollo Im Burning: Same here, trust me. I'm hoping she'll just tell me to be careful, since I only have 2 or 2.5 occurrences left, but I'm worried she'll go into lecture mode.

We’re all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?
Mellonin's Ramblings

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/10 15:07:48 )

[x]

pls don't

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.