Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 18:36:41 )
Blegh

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 18:39:40 )
    How has he not been fired already?? What an idiot. He needs kicking to the curb.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 18:44:43 )
@sunny: Everyone who tried to fire him did so in a way that was really unprofessional and influenced entirely by their bias against him. They didn't speak to my bosses, they didn't keep track of his behavior, they didn't write formal complaints, no employees filed formal complaints, etc. A reason why the former coordinator was let go is bc he was being insanely unprofessional in regards to his termination.

My bosses know tho. I have kept them in the loops and I have dates, time, location and all necessary info about his behavior. The employee he is harassing also sent me a formal email expressing her disappointment with the meeting and is now writing a formal complaint against him.

I think no one ever did this either bc the former coordinators weren't people you could approach with these issues. I guess I'm easier to talk to and seen as trustworthy and approachable and empathetic. Staff tell me shit every day about him. It's insane. And volunteers. And kids.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 18:47:15 )
    @nyreen: Sounds terrible, especially considering there are kids involved. Hopefully he will be gone soon :/ and surely if he is harassing someone then they have legal grounds to file a case against him?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 19:06:57 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: It seems like a mix of things. Mostly insecurity. He is ten years older than me but is still only an animator despite being offered the higher position and working there for much longer than me. Maybe he is bothered that I am younger and his boss? I also haven't attended school for formal training to work with youth and learned everything I know from the last 5 years of working with at risk kids. Whereas I think he might have a DEC. He has been working with kids for as long as I have.

He has expressed wanting to run a specific activity and for it to get enough attention that it can become it's own independent thing outside of my work but it never picks up pace. He also fails to run it due to not having a "creative muse" and seems to second guess himself. His refusal to run the activity got so annoying that I merged it with another so he runs it with another staff.

I think he projects a lot of his own insecurities, struggles and failures onto me and those around him. I think he doesn't trust authority figures. Which makes sense with how the past coordinators were. But I don't understand how he could still think I'm potentially going to exploit my work when he has seen how I work, seen my effort and ideas and passion, and has known me for almost a year. It's like he is ignoring who I am and putting me into this box. He has made comments that I'm "by the book" when I refuse to do things like divulge confidential info, give him hours for doing stuff outside of work I didn't ask him to, etc.

Tho tbh I don't really know why. He is incredibly guarded with me and I don't even know him as a person. He doesn't seem to let people in.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 19:08:01 )
@sunny: Absolutely. I encouraged her to write a report as having one will strengthen the case. And I wouldn't blame her if she chose to go to one of the bureaus that feel with workers safety and rights.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 19:18:39 )
@SirLionelNigelConrad: I am insanely empathic. It's a problem at times bc I am full of guilt even when I rightfully reject someone or confront someone or whatever. I always think about all possible reasons why someone is behaving the way they do and see then as a human. It's been some time now that he's been like this so I'm just out of energy for it y'know? And yeah, 100%. I have records of everything in extreme detail so I will be okay if he tries to deny things or accuse me of undermining him. I'm actually paranoid he might try to say I'm harassing him lmao.

But all of the other staff *know* who I am at this point and have been very happy with my performance as are the volunteers and kids. And the school administration, etc. Like I'm good. I know I'm doing a good job. And I always ask for the staff's input and encourage then to talk to me if something needs to be addressed, even if it's *me* because maybe I've slipped up. But everything has been amazing aside from his behavior.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 19:57:46 )
You gotta @Mention me.

Good luck in dealing with this situation.
I hope he won't be able to just go off and find a similar job somewhere else.

What do you mean he's targeting a kid?
Like bullying, or something else?

Join the Horde. We have bananas. 🍌
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/12/7 20:15:56 )
@Rallaa: He is giving this kid heavier consequences and constantly on his case while letting kids he obviously favors off with a slap on the wrist. It became rly obvious the past two weeks and he even admitted to disliking the kid and avoiding him. I told him flat out he has to work with him so too bad. The kid confided in me too and another staff noticed.
call me grem
they/them

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.