Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Do your bones tell you...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 03:28:09 )
the weather?

When I was 8, I broke my wrist.
Ever since that break, it ACHES so bad when it is going to rain.
I don't even need to check the weather. My wrist does the ache and I know "a storm's a-comin!"
When I got a little older, my fingers decided to join the party. (I've had arthritis since my teens)
Sometimes, it hurts so bad that I can't type or hold much of anything, but usually it's a manageable annoyance.

I'd always heard of old people complaining about their joints and bones, but I'm in my 20's and don't necessarily consider that old unless it benefits me

Do you guys have ancient, angry bones and joints too?
Do you feel the weather/changes in pressure/changes in humidity in them?

p.s.- a storm is a-comin here.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 03:35:01 )
@Mousy: it is snowing outside right now and my foot has been aching, along with my knees, not so much my hands just some of my fingers, and elbow. my bones know when bad weather is going to show up. sorry to hear that you have all of that going on for you.

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 03:36:04 )
I get migraines when the weather is about to change. Its much fun.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 03:37:15 )

@Mousy: My hubby gets massive pressure headaches when the weather changes either from sunny to rainy or vice versa. Sometimes its also really steep changes in temperature that triggers it too. Its not bones but its somewhat similar XD

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 03:48:01 )
@unicorn: Ouch! Did you do any damage to your foot or knees when you were younger? My husband's knee aches due to playing sports in high school, but it only acts up when he does too much yard work. XD My sister has a ton of autoimmune diseases (lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, reynauds, sjorgens, etc. Seriously, you name it, she's probably got it.) Compared to what she's got going on, a little achy joint is nothin'. Haha!

@glume: Migraines can be so debilitating! I have maybe one a year and don't wish that on ANYONE. How do you handle your migraines?

@saeyra: It counts! When I was pregnant, my doctor told me that she always delivers lots of babies during bad storms due to the changes in barometric pressure. It's crazy what a little weather can do to your body!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 04:04:22 )
@Mousy: I got up one morning years ago in the winter time, and walked around a bit to try and get to the bathroom, and i guess what the doctor said to me later onthat day was that my toes went under my foot I was really tired when it happened I was in pain until I could fall asleep I had to get two icepacks and elevate my foot until my mum could take me to see a doctor later that day that I broke it.

I've hurt my knee's many times, I even re-hurt a knee this year, so it is a bit worse than my other knee.

I have hurt a some of my fingers pretty badly over the years, and my elbow I broke as a kid. between my foot and my elbow it was now easy task learning how to write or monkey bars as a kid. let alone being a bit older and learning how to re learn how to walk not fun. so lots of hurts over the years.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 04:14:06 )

@Mousy: Haha coincidentally my hubby was also born in a blizzard so yeah he should have been a meteorologist haha. He was probably having a massive headache as a baby and was like noping it out of there XD I am sorry your hand hurts when it rains. Is it in your dominant hand? Cos that would kill me.

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 05:44:40 )
I know that, when it is very hot outside I get too hot so heat migraines but it hasn't happened in a couple of years I tend to cut my hair or keep it short so that I don't get many headaches, or migraines don't need a trip to the hospital, and a needle sticking inside of my back.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 06:00:56 )
So aches warning of changing weather is not storeying? I did not know that.
Item QuestHangoutSales

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 06:04:05 )
My knees hurt more when it gets cold and/or rainy now, so... *shrugs* :viosweat:
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 06:14:58 )

It happens from the change in pressure.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 09:02:50 )
@Mousy: Hours of being unconscious is the only thing that helps most times.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 09:28:10 )

i'm not that old and have creaky bones, not sure if they can predict the weather since i don't notice that kinda thing.
tho my left ear hurts when it's cold outside but it doesn't really predict the cold. XD
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 14:40:35 )
We’ll carry on

I have Marfan Syndrome (a connective tissue disease) and thanks to that, my joints are messed yp and dislocate easily.
When it’s cold or when I’m tired, they feel so old thag they’re shouting at me to get off of the lawn.

Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 15:31:22 )
I love that you used a mean girls gif. lol

I've never actually broken a bone, but I have broken one of my front teeth 3 times in my life. xD
I had a large gap and point tooth for a few years cause my mom didn't wanna fix it anymore. lol
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 15:49:11 )
. . . . : ∴ . . ∴ : . . . .

I messed up my hip. It sort of just hurts all the time no matter the weather it does get worse when rainy/cold because the cold causes the pain

. . : : . .
✝ Sabℜina ✝

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 16:56:19 )
    My toes hurt when it rains :/ they always have, it's just one of those things. They are hurting now lol

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 00:08:24 )
It totally rained overnight and throughout the day today. These aching bones don't lie. XD

@unicorn: You have had an adventurous life so far! You need to keep a careful eye on that little Unicorn Haha. I'm interested in your migraine though! I've never had one that bad before. What do they stick in your back and why the back? (I always worry that people will take my questions in a confrontational way. completely nonconfrontational and completely curious questions. lol)

@saeyra: That's probably EXACTLY what happened! He was like "oh, Heck no! I'm leaving!" The wrist IS my dominant hand, but my fingers don't discriminate. They like to be twins and hurt at the same time. If it gets to be too much, I can take some ibuprofen or something and go to sleep.

@xirin: You're probably right! It's crazy what all can affect the body and how it all affects people differently!

@little crane: I thought it was an Old Wive's Tale too until I started noticing the pattern in my own body.

@onsenmark: Yes! Welcome to the club of the elderly. We'll call ourselves the elders to feel more distinguished. XD

@totalanimefan: Yes'm, my doctor says that more babies are born during storms due to the change in pressure too!

@kiwi: *shakes fist* Darn that Cold! It was absolutely the cold's fault.

@glume: Yikes! I took my covers and pillows into the closet, took some medicine and slept off my last migraine. It was the darkest, quietest place in my house.

@zuzu: Now you are aware! Maybe you'll notice a pattern too. You've gotta let me know your findings. *sends the rain your way*

@tuijp: The Club of the Elderly welcomes you with open arms- maybe not too open if it's raining though. The Club of the Elderly welcomes you with medication and a cane to shake at the other joints and bones that think they're fine! :D (see my response to onsenmark. xD)

@fozzy: "There's a 30% chance it's already raining" XD Mean Girls is one of my favorite movies of all time. How did you manage to break your front tooth 3 times??

@Sabrina: Ouch! It sounds like you are invited to the Elderly club with Onsenmark and Tuijp! Welcome, we've got cookies, but they're probably oatmeal raisin. *shrugs*

@sunny: If it gets REALLY bad, my toes join the party too! Anytime it rains, you have my complete permission to sit down and prop your feet up. If you've got a boss that doesn't like it, tell them to call me! and i won't answer because talking on the phone is scary, especially if it's a stranger on the other end... They'll get in line! XD
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 00:21:38 )
@Mousy: I get pressure headaches when a storm comes in. The change in the barometric pressure increases the pressure in my sinuses and neck. It hurts so bad. Sometimes sinus medicine helps at least. Luckily it doesn't happen with every storm, but most of them.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/30 00:37:53 )
@Mousy: saying anything about anyones kid will put them on edge, for the one saying such words.

I don't have bad headaches like that I haven't in years but I know why for some that have had surgery because of there headaches. I have seen several friends, and Family members having bad headaches and migraines and end up having something in there spine to check on the cause of the headache's I've never had it but I know it hurts you cry from it too.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.