Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Holidays coming up with loved ones gone?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/26 09:17:10 )
My mom passed away in June of this year Christmas was her holiday I mean she pulled all the stops I can’t believe that last years was our last Christmas and it’s kicking in the closer it gets thanksgiving was hard enough but I’m almost afraid for Christmas never spent a year without her.

Anyone else have a loved one they miss during the holidays? How do you cope with it?

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/26 10:05:04 )
My Dad died on the day after Thanksgiving, my Great Grandmother died after Christmas, and my Great Grandpa died on new years. I hate the Holidays </3
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/26 10:25:27 )
We&rsquo;ll carry on

I’m sorry for your loss.

My mother passed away on November 1st last year. Her favourite holidays were Saint Martin (Nov 11) and Sinterklaas (dec 5). She liked Christmas because she liked to make huge meals and feed my bro and me until we wereready to explode.

Saint Martin last year us a blur, since there were so many things to take care of still.
I survived Sinterklaas because of Jack Daniels, Ben and Jerry. (No, alcohol isn’t an answer, but neither is milk)
A week before Christmas last year, I had chest surgery. So that Christmas was sappy movies, lots of candy and neighbours who would pop in unannounced.

I won’t be doing much for either holiday this year. Not much fun when it's just you and your brother who are left.
I do honour all of them (grandparents and parents) on their birthdays and their deathdays tho.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/26 10:25:40 )
I'm so sorry to hear about your mother -hugs-

I don't think I fully adjusted to Christmas without my grandmother and she passed away over 10 years ago. It was also her holiday :(
But more then anything, I've had family move away and an older sister who would rather spend it with a friend then with her family. (Which means I don't get to see my two nieces either).

Honestly, I don't think I cope with it. I tend not to enjoy Christmas like I use too, I tend to put on an act because I have younger brothers who love it.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 17:51:44 )
. . . . : ∴ . . ∴ : . . . .

@glume: Im so sorry about your dad :C that must be rough! My maw maw passed away 4 years ago in may grandparents are so special :C

@lilypoo: I get it. I miss my mom I still havent accepted she is gone and Im not sure I ever will :c.

@tuijp: Im so sorry about your loss ;^; loosing a mom is hard I know my mom would like me to continue on her holiday traditions and so ill be strong its gonna be a rough year though. :c

@kirrai: Im sorry love.. hopefully you can begin to enjoy it again for yourself as well

. . : : . .

✝ Sabℜina ✝

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 20:08:15 )

My father passed away five days before Christmas, 16 years ago. Holy shit it's almost been two decades. Anyway I still miss him during the holidays.

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/29 23:30:16 )
yeah my grandma passed away last year right after christmas. so it doesn't really feel that great.

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.