Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Cirque ad Infinitum Encore: Until We Meet Again

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:10:31 )
1000-7... Hmm, I wonder...

Hangman, hangman, hmm.... Hello

I wonder if you can make it out alive...

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:10:45 )

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:12:16 )
Uploading sucks on tablets xc
Have mercy?
Lackadaisical

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:18:53 )

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:26:22 )

Ohohoho, isn't this fun?

I should sleep soon lol
Since it's 5:30am

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:26:50 )
After a night of fun and games, the celebration culminated in a photo of them all together...

Then, everyone made their way back to the city. Vyc, Velvet and Vontell gave a thorough testimony to all that had went down which came as an emotional shock to the Guardians. Accommodations were made for Cirque ad Infinitum and Smolkie to get a good night's rest at a hotel as saviors of Voltra. As the new day rose and everyone awoke with a sigh of relief that it wasn’t all just a dream... but Ran didn't rest well.

“Little butterfly, eyes look dark! Why is that?” Berinhard bent forward looking at Ran with concern who blushed in embarrassment.

“Connie sno-snores, Berrie. Loudly.” Constance walked out looking refreshed.

“You should get that checked out, Connie,” Lin suggested with a weary smile as he too could hear her through the walls.

“Yeah? And Io needs his eyes checked. Minda ya’ business.” Arika appeared at Constance' back, looming over her. “Such a naughty girl,” she chastised the clown with a lack of s's which meant she was serious. "Do I need to give you a more thorough spanking?"
Constance whirled to face her and put up her dukes, “IT’S A MEDICAL CONDITION!”

Arika gave a sigh before Lin's voice attracted their attention. “Cornpuff? What’s wrong?” He asked looking at Io who was frozen in place, lips in a thin line.

“Io...? Wh-wh-what is it? What's wrong?” Ran walked over and reached out in concern, but his sudden voice caught her by surprise.

"Berinhard," he addressed the Strongman specifically. "I need you to take me somewhere, quickly."

The Strongman gave a blink but also a big grin, "Berinhard always here and ready for family, little moon!" He closed in on Io and lifted him up onto his shoulders.

Lin could recognize that intensity anywhere. Io would experience it when he had a vision of great importance. "What'd you see, little fawn?" He gently pried.

"Death," was all the Oracle could muster.

In the dead of night, Smolkie found himself scrolling down a familiar sidewalk. The Cirque ad Infinitum poster he had handed off to two children a week ago was poorly taped back in place on a nearby post. He curved into a brick alley way across the street from the hospital. Leaning his back to the wall and allowing himself to sink down, he pulled out his pocket watch. Flicking it open to look at the photo of he and his wife, he heard a demon's voice rasp tauntingly in his ear.

“I can bring her back, you know. If you release me, I’ll show you how! It's very easy.” Smolkie laughed and removed his hat so to wipe the sweat from his glistened bald head. “I do say, for a demon that can’t even win in his own dimension, you have quite the sense of humor to think you could do the impossible. Or that rather, I’d fall for such a ploy.” He could feel within him Veles seething with rage.
“So what if you outsmarted me? The watch is just a toy and like Io, you are naturally gifted with that disgusting magic in your veins. Good for you! Here's a cookie. But you didn’t think everything through, old man.” The hands on Smolkie’s watch ticked forward and he kept his eyes on the passage of time that felt slower now more than ever. Veles continued to berate him.

“Why THIS seal? You know that it can’t hold up forever. All it takes is a sliver of weakness and your entire body's mine! I can make you strangle the very boy you love so dearly- lifeless, into just another betrayal by you to him.” Veles words didn't bother Smolkie in the slightest which infuriated the demon.

“If I may be so conceited, I consider myself a very smart man. I realized rather quickly that Io’s spell would not be enough…if I didn’t take you within me. You would have just kept us all there for eternity tormenting us. With all the power you absorbed, none of us could have beaten you in your own realm. That I knew.”

Veles cackled, “True story. And here we are.” Smolkie placed his hat back on, tilting it forward so to cover his own eyes. “Yes, yes indeed! Here we are. Everyone’s souls were saved, Io can finally live happily with his family and most importantly, heal. The mission was a success.” The ticks of his pocket watch sounded a bit louder perhaps due to his own focus on the sound.

Veles scoffed, “And now I wait, since this spell is just a ticking time bomb and I’ll be free to drag you all back to my domain alllll over again.” Smolkie held the watch tighter before giving out the biggest laugh he ever shared. “You are correct, Veles. Correct about one thing in particular. This is indeed a ticking time bomb." In that moment, the demon understood. And felt true fear.

“Wait... no, you can't be serious?! Why would a human-”

The watch ticked a final time.

“Excuse me, sir! Where is the nearest hospital?” Lin asked a random civilian who looked up at the pale boy on Berinhard's shoulders. “Oh my, he doesn’t look too good. It’s just two more blocks down left!”
Constance groaned. “It ain’t for him." The troupe darted as fast as they could down the alley way. “Hospital and alley way of brick! Must be the spot there!”

Berinhard with Io, Lin by their side, and Arika were the first to reach the destination. Just as Constance and Ran were about to turn to look, Arika shoved them both back and away. “Hey! Watch it!” Constance protested but the strained look on Arika’s face sapped every drop of wit Constance had in her. Arika looked to both girls desperately. “Don’t look.” Ran’s eyes widened at the implications. Berinhard knelt down to let Io down gently, and the Oracle stepped forward with a stagger before Lin took his hand to steady him. The Ringmaster grit his teeth, and the Oracle's heart sank. Io knelt down slowly reached a hand out to touch the soft fabric of Smolkie's jacket. He traced his hand down his arm before the cold metal of the pocket watch triggered a magical flash of memories to reach the entire troupe's eyes.

If you are seeing this, Cirque ad Infinitum, then my life has come to a happy end! Do not be sad, I say, for now I go to my beloved wife wherever she may be. She would have loved each and every one of you, you know! Even you, Constance, in all your troublemaking! Incredibly endearing, she would have called it. Of that I am sure.

Io, I know there might be one question eating away at you, and my boy? I had always hoped to adopt you to carry on my legacy. I saw in you the burst of an exorcist's power, and I wanted nothing more than to give you a home where you could be safe. A family to call your own, hm?

Fate had other plans, however! Approved of you I was, but denied of Lin, and I saw how close you two had grown - oh, indeed I did! Two peas of a pod, you were. No way was I ever intending on separating you, and soon? You had a family to call your own. It may not have been with me, but that is of no consequence!

And here comes the elephant in the room, I'm sure. Smolkie, why did you do it? Because I've grown to love not one, but all of you, and I knew, knew Veles could not be defeated so simply! No, me and Iris have fought our share of demons, let me tell you, and this one was particularly nasty. There was only one way, I say, and that was to seal him within my very soul just long enough that his demise was assured!

Unfortunately, as was mine. Again I ask you, good sirs and madams of Cirque ad Infinitum, not to cry on my behalf! Smile, because Guardians know Io needs it. Live on, you wonderful children, and be happy as the family you deserve to be. The darkness is gone, and it's time, finally time for you to frolic in the light.

Be happy, be safe, and know Dr. Smolkie McMoy will always be watching over you.

Tears welled up in all of their eyes, even Constance letting out a pained gasp as she, Ran and Arika collapsed into each other for an embrace. Berinhard placed a thick hand on Io's shoulder as Lin held the young man close. “Was…good man! Loved you he did…” The Strongman choked on his words. “He was a better man than I always thought him to be…” Lin put on a brave face, and the Oracle? He clung to Lin's sleeve, unsure still how to process emotion. What felt like water dripped from his chin, but it wasn't raining. . .

A few days passed until the troupe was set to leave Voltra. Legal authorities loaded the casket into their vehicle and signaled to Lin that they are ready when they are. “I thank you all for your infinite assistance in our egregious affairs.” He said to the team of Shop keepers who made their way to see them off.

“If you don’t mind my asking, where are you takin'…him?”
Vyc felt guilty for prying.

“Our little Oracle was able to do the describing of a vision. Of specific grave located in cemetery near the Sunflower Orphanage. That is where Mrs. McMoy rests…together…they should be.” Berinhard wraps his arm around Arika and pulls the hair from out of her face.

“Ah, that is most beautiful. I hope to one day visit,” Vontell shakes Berinhard’s hand, and his is almost completely enveloped.

“And where will you all go? I hope you come back to visit…” Vivi gave a warm smile to Ran who gave the peace symbol in return. “Sooner than you th-think! Voltra truly is am-amazing!”

Vyc walked over to frazzle up Constance’s hair. “I’d tell ya to stay out of trouble. But I don’t think it’s possible with this one traveling with you.” Constance quickly raised her head underneath his hand and bit Vyc’s finger. “Yeowch!” She whipped her head the opposite way. “Hmph! Well I’d tell you to stay out of trouble, but since I am trouble, I regret to inform you that we’re coming back.” Lin turned to her pouting. “Connie! We haven’t fully decided on that yet!”

Vanora leapt forward. “But oh, I really hope so! You guys were quite popular while here. Especially you, Io! Someday I want you to read my fortune, okay?” Io faltered but nodded his head. “I will.” He turned away from her and back to the caravan

“We are off. We will see you ssoon I’m sure.” Arika gave a wink to the group before following Io.

“Ba-bye! Tha-thank you Voltra!” Ran waved happily before loading herself in.

“Again, friends, we shall be doing the meeting!” Berinhard bowed deep before following Ran.
“Okay, show's over. Ya’ll can go home and forget us now.” Constance lifted her suitcase above her head.
“Not gonna happen girly. please be safe, everyone!” Velvet gave a wry smile to her and Constance just rolled her eyes before climbing in.

Lin gave a deep breath in. “I’ll be sure to inform you all somehow when we arrive and things are taken care of with Dr.McMoy.” Spark bustled through the group. “Hey man, I didn’t get to know you very well... but from the bottom of my heart, know that you and the rest of the troupe can come back and title yourselves Volties whenever you want!”

Lin smiled brightly. “I appreciate that offer. We’ll think about it. Despite everything or maybe because of everything, Voltra holds a special place in our hearts." Lin stepped up onto a wooden crate yet to be loaded into the caravan and dipped down to give a mighty bow.

“We hope you enjoyed the SHOW of the CENTURY!"
Everyone cheered out and clapped. He hopped back down, gave a wave with his back turned and like that, they were off to tie loose ends. As a family reunited.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:35:08 )

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:36:24 )
This was supposed to be scary but it ended up being such a sad halloween plot T^T
I mean, still scary but mostly sad T^T

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:38:01 )

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:39:45 )
Is it weird to ask what happened to trick and treat??

That group photo is so cute! > w<
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:41:23 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

It is on the very first post @Kent: the first paragraph.

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:41:54 )
I dont know what to say

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:42:09 )
D'AAAWWWW

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:45:38 )
"a nice, light hearted game"

*destroys your heart at the same time*

T_T

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:58:14 )

See you next time- wait what

"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 03:59:33 )
omgggggggggggggg

Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 04:04:22 )
Okay, so
I know I suggested that the Cirque should come back
And perhaps as permanent mini-game NPCs

So I have an idea
Tarot card blackjack versus Io.

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 04:11:56 )

R.I.P Smolkie

I wonder why he was denied Lin?

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 04:12:53 )
@Angelus: Lin was the inheritor of a fortune. was probably denied for legal reasons related to his father's will.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Voltie — Damned Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/11 04:16:39 )

@Rallaa: Right I forgot he was supposed to go to one of his wealthy relatives but refused and opted for the orphanage. This would mean that he wasn't legally a ward of the state.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.