Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Cirque ad Infinitum Final Act: Land of Fun & Death!

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:00:19 )

The group untangled themselves from a heap, and each took a stand to see where they ended up. It was an environment very familiar to all of them, but changed for the worst. A big sign reading Cirque ad Infinitum was bent over in the distance, blood covering much of the letters to form a haphazard smiling face. The tents were in disrepair, the attractions were broken down and dirty, and any greenery that might have been was instead barren. Muddy.

"Is this re-really... where we had our first show?" Ran swallowed as lightning struck in the distance. The skies overhead were dark and cloudy. It seemed as if the sun abandoned the realm long ago.

"Dumb dumb, this ain't real," Connie picked her ear with a yawn. "It's just that ole coot messing with us, obviously..." She glanced at Smolkie and corrected herself, "The evil one."

Smolkie pushed up his glasses, "You are free to label me how you wish, my lady, but I say evil is not something I can relate to!"

"Eyes forward," Lin brought his whip taut. "Feel like we'll be meeting the welcome committee sooner rather than later."

In the blink of an eye, a well-dressed individual presented itself to them. A toothy grin in a face of shadows was the only visible feature. "And the Ringmaster makes his observation known, geh heh! I suppose that's what makes you the reliable one, hm? In all things with the exception of caring for your dear brother!"

Lin bit his lip, "I know. That night... I was the first to find him. I'll never forget the pain he was in, the horror he must have faced. But that's on you, not me." He shook his head, "Not us."

"A typical response," Veles mused. "You fancy yourself as the hero, and it's accurate. You probably came here with hope in your wittle hearts thinking I can be defeated willy nilly in my own realm, but lo and behold!" He floated upwards and all the attractions started to work again. The lights blinked on. The merry-go-round spun. The machines spoke of 'inserting an ohm.' "I welcome you to my world, home of the greatest show in all the universe! Unfortunately you haven't paid the proper admittance. This is a business, you see, and we'd go bankrupt if we allowed just anybody to come and go! Let's start with the musclehead."

The dark entity pointed down with a hand and the group watched as a black hole opened beneath Berinhard. The Strongman gave a cry that faded to nothingness as he fell out of view. The hole closed.

"BERIN!" Arika screamed and dug at the hole, but it was futile.

"Oh, don't worry my dear! I had intended for the lovers to be together. I am ever so generous like that," he nodded to himself and nudged his smokey head. Arika flung up into the sky and vanished from view.

Connie scratched her cheek, "So uh, I'm thinking we didn't know what we were getting into."

The hypnotist took a step forward and shouted, "I, Dr. Smolkie McMoy, will not allow you to harm this family any more than you have already. Prepare to be annihilated, fiend!" He thrust the pocket watch forward and sent a torrent of light towards Veles who recoiled in terror. He let out an unnatural scream of pain as the beams hit their mark, crackling energy of the many blasts covering his form.

But instead of any actual damage, the smoke cleared to reveal Veles just dandy. "Just kidding," he shrugged with his shoulders, arms behind his back. The tentacles whipping about snatched up Smolkie's watch and held it before the entity's face. "So this is the little toy that let you break all my lovely relationships," he let out a mock sigh. "Let's see how you fare without it, hm?"

With that said, the entity tapped his foot against the ground to make the entire landscape crack into nothingness. With no footing, the group descended into darkness unknown.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:00:54 )
My Summary
Cirque ad Infinitum has come to my realm to die. The end.

Instructions... of the most useful kind
Each game you've played in the past, you'll play again.
Only, I guess you have some help.

Prize? What's a prize?
I know my look is ever so popular and all participants will receive a free Veles EI grant.
You may purchase additional copies in Joyful Jamboree.
Virgil seems like a fun lad. Maybe I'll set my - erm, I mean Io's eyes on him next?

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:01:50 )
Lin cracked the whip to scatter a ball of energy into fleeting particles, but a second struck him in the back. Reeling in pain, he spun to roundhouse kick a third so it exploded elsewhere, and caught the fourth with his whip to fling it away.

"That all you got, Veles?" Breathing labored, he brought the whip taut to prepare for another round. Copies of the false Oracle shifted around him, multiplying. Laughing in a terrible blend of Io's sweet voice and something altogether sinister.

"Oh, but it looks like what little I'm throwing at you is more than enough. All I wanted to do was play with you, 'brother,' but it looks like you're more broken than a kid's toy!" The false Oracle smirked, "Guess this ain't really a happy meal for me, huh?"

Lin wiped his brow, sweat dripping off his chin. "You can mock me all you want, Veles, but your words matter to me about as much as that lame sense of antagonism you ripped off a 60s villain."

The false Oracle gave a frown, and the many images of him blurred out of existence. "Hoo? Then maybe action will show you I'm quite serious." Glancing around, the Ringmaster steadied himself for whatever was about to transpire, but nothing came. Veles slowly held up a bandaged hand and within the open palm, there floated an orb. It didn't seem similar to the others at all, however, and appeared more like a soft ball of light than a destructive sphere.

Lin's eyes widened in recognition.

Veles grinned as the blood trickled perpetually from his eyes. "I see you figured out what this is! Yup, it's your brother's soul. The real one..." He began to squeeze.

"Stop it!" Lin cried out and the entity complied.

"Then let's make a deal, hm?" He tossed the violet soul up and down rhythmically, amused at how Lin's eyes followed it. "You know how this works, don't you? Sign away your face and that lovely expression of determination, and I'll give you your brother back. You two can finally be together again. Refuse and well, I'm afraid I'll have to do some rearranging of this wittle life here." He turned his gaze on the soul and in that moment, Lin cracked the whip against his hand which sent the ball flying.

The Ringmaster leapt for it and curled his body around it, protecting Io from a blast of dark energy. He fell to the ground with Io's soul beneath him, his body singed and crackling. "Io... my sweet baby brother," he said weakly. "I promise not to mess up this time, okay? I'll... I'll protect you-AGH!" Veles put a foot on his back and pressed down, but still he clutched the soul.

"Another lie! All you're good for, Lin! You hear that, Io?! He's going to keep the big bad demon from you, but look at how weak he is now-" He let out a pained gasp and clutched at his chest. "What...? Don't tell me that old fool actually?" The false Oracle dissipated, and Veles' realm started to fall apart.

TOMORROW SHALL BE THE EPILOGUE ENCORE.

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:01:55 )
Berinhard woke just in time to roll out of the way of an oncoming car. Struggling to the sidewalk, he heaved himself to a stand and looked around to get his bearings. He knew where he was very well, and grunted in discomfort. It was a city. Beautiful, colorful, and for him, twisted. People brushed past him, but they didn't seem to have any faces or appearances. They were merely silhouettes, and their voices were jumbled. There were so many speaking in unison, but it was just like he remembered.

A population that didn't care if he existed or not.

The honk of a horn drew his attention to a taxi, and sitting atop its roof was Veles, legs crossed. "Welcome home, little Berin. Nice place ya got here, huh? Oh, but you got beat everyday, and ignored by those you called out to. Can't imagine that was very fun!"

The Strongman exhaled through his nose, "Know what it is shadow face trying to do. Taunting the Berinhard! Make him the sad, angry boy, non? Pah!" He narrowed his gaze, "Papa is always front of the brain, yes? Keeps Berinhard's fist for the protecting of family, not the pain of innocents. Not to be doing the swinging lightly."

Veles laughed, "Is that so? I always took you for a musclebound buffoon, but I suppose a brain still ticks somewhere in that hollow skull..." The many tentacles swarming at Veles' back hoisted him off the taxi and lowered him onto the ground just as a passerby went through him.

"Berinhard did say muscles are for protecting the family, yes? You pose threat to family and have for very long time!" The Strongman smashed his fists together and stomped a foot into the ground. "For you, shadow face man, Berinhard making the exception so you no hurt any one ever again!"

"So you mean to tell me that even after all your boasting, you're putting up your dukes to beat me into a pulp?" Veles raised a hand, "Then let me show you what true power is, you brainless oaf." The dark entity snapped his fingers and the coloration in his attire turned to shadow. The tentacles shrunk as his body grew into a rippling powerhouse.

The Strongman looked up at the massive foe and spat, "Take more than big size to be scaring me, shadow face man!"

ROUND START!

Roll a D20 to pump up Berinhard and hopefully break through Veles' assault. He has 420 HP.

ROLLING OPEN FOR 10 MINUTES!

Kent rolled a D20 1 times for; and 16. Totalling: 16
For a grand total of 16!
Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:26:08 )
For Berinhard!

Aesyn rolled a D20 1 times for; and 14. Totalling: 14
For a grand total of 14!
Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:28:41 )
What is 1000-7..? Does the circus know?

Hellooo Tentacle boiiiiii

Woah, look at those creeping centipede roller-coasters!

Rallaa rolled a D20 1 times for; and 3. Totalling: 3
For a grand total of 3!
Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:29:11 )
Heheh, 420hp.

Hadsvich rolled a D20 1 times for; and 8. Totalling: 8
For a grand total of 8!
Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:30:33 )
You can do this Berin!~

Raxton rolled a D20 1 times for; and 20. Totalling: 20
For a grand total of 20!
Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:31:19 )
Woahhh

Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:32:09 )
Veles' suit looks really nice.
Will probably be what I use when I make my old Rallaa persona avatar.

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:32:10 )
Wait, can we roll multiple times?

Hachi rolled a D20 1 times for; and 8. Totalling: 8
For a grand total of 8!
Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:32:17 )
Yoooo that Veles EI looks amazing

I mean... go Berinhard!!!

okios rolled a D20 1 times for; and 7. Totalling: 7
For a grand total of 7!
Voltie — sewer rat Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:33:39 )
that one line summary is so cold and to the point. best tl;dr ๐Ÿ‘

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ฺกโ‰ฆ)ใ‚žโœฉโ—„-gallery-โ–บ

Aesyn rolled a D20 1 times for; and 8. Totalling: 8
For a grand total of 8!
Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:34:10 )

@Kent: Yeah, since we got to roll mulitple times when we last played Berinhard's game, so the same rules apply now

@okios: yes i love it

Kent rolled a D20 1 times for; and 7. Totalling: 7
For a grand total of 7!
Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:35:14 )
Hope I’m not late for another roll. D:
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Rallaa rolled a D20 1 times for; and 4. Totalling: 4
For a grand total of 4!
Voltie — HIM Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:35:16 )
Alright then, if we get to roll more than once.

But yeah, this Veles item looks dope.
Definitely gonna be a popular one later.
Wardrobe/Art Collection

Art by kiwi

Raxton rolled a D20 1 times for; and 1. Totalling: 1
For a grand total of 1!
Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:35:33 )
We can roll again? o:

Hadsvich rolled a D20 1 times for; and 17. Totalling: 17
For a grand total of 17!
Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:35:43 )
Gonna roll again too~

Aesyn rolled a D20 1 times for; and 7. Totalling: 7
For a grand total of 7!
Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:36:37 )

Let's beat him, whoo!

Though he's a pretty too...I do love my suits....oof

"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 02:38:25 )
Rolling closed!

Calculating damage... as if you have a chance.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.