Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Mood swings

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/2 12:43:33 )

Everything was going fine the last couple of months but suddenly I feel lonely. Maybe it's because I am jobless again and I have to much time. I am almost turning 30 and I am still single. I don't like going out to bars, clubs etc (I do love going to metal concerts) because I would just feel insecure not knowing what to do. I also have a fear for rejection since I was bullied in highschool. Which makes it hard for me to just go up to a guy I like and start a convo.

Blerg it sucks

Donator — she/they Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/2 13:45:18 )
I got my husband from the internet, but I don't recommend it :D
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/3 16:08:35 )

I mean the jobless thing sucks, I know. I'm a stay at home wife now and if I don't keep myself in check I get depressed because I feel like cooking and cleaning and all that isn't very helpful... And I know we're not close or anything but I wrote like a motivational post I guess? I mean I kinda was up in the air about posting it because like I said, I don't know you too well. We just started talking like a few days ago... Anyway I feel like a lot of the way you feel is because of societal stigmas and standards that just are pretty ludicrous in my opinion... so if you wanna read it, it's in the spoiler but feel free to ignore me xD I just was hoping it would make you feel better. The majority of it is talking about how so many people didn't really do anything with their life until their later years ;u; but yeaaaa....

I know there is a societal pressure for people to marry in their twenties and have their life together by twenty-five or whatever... but that's not true and is insanely ridiculous. You sound like a lot of people tbh, like yea being jobless sucks, but it happens. Like Danny Trejo was in and out of prisons up until he decided to get his life together in his thirties and became a well known star, Mark Twain basically hopped job to job until around his 30th birthday when he figured out he was great at writing, J.K. Rowling didn't have her book published till she was 31 and she was a suicidal single mother, and there are way more I could bring up like Oprah and so on and so forth...

My point is, like it sucks yes. And it probably is cause of the mood swings... but statistically you haven't even made it to the halfway mark of an average life span! You got this! From talking to you, you seem like a nice person who is super fun to talk to and you do really cool graphics and I just think maybe you're being too hard on yourself... You got this!

Hangout || Questing
Please ping me if I don't reply.

Donator — Artist Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/28 17:39:07 )

Glume:
I got my husband from the internet, but I don't recommend it :D

Same! =D I do recomend it. LOL. Just be sure to let people know when you're meeting and where. and if possible get a friend to tag along, secretly. Incase you need support.

Donator — Artist Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/28 17:44:33 )

As someone that was bullied in school has rejectional problems and mood swings, YES IT SUCKS ASS. Buut. As I posted above, I find it a lot easier to talk with people online, and there's nothing wrong with it. tbh this is how people connect in this day and age. Just be smart about it. If you feel uncomfortable for any reason then keep those feelings in check. hold onto them try and figure out what it is that makes you feel that way. If they get worse it's probably best to cut contact with that person. Don't share more than you're comfortable sharing, Keep a log of the conversations between you as backup in case there's any need for them. =) It really isn't that bad you just need to be hyperventilate.
Ping me if needed

I do pixels. check my shop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.