Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Cirque ad Infinitum A Circus This Way Comes

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 17:21:28 )

It's raining today, and I can see lightning in the distance. The storm is just a storm, but I realize quickly, when I see people in all their diversity running through the city not far off, that I'm not in the present.

The proof lies in my ability to visualize them, and the elements surrounding me. My sight has long been dead. Such an experience would thus be impossible if this were real.

The orphanage ahead calls to me, and I step inside its hallowed walls...

"Io? Hey Io, you alright in there?"

The familiar voice pulls me back to the here and now. I manage a subtle nod to the friend whose been with me for as long as I can remember. His name is Lin and I trust him like I would a brother. I have never known family, mind you, but he at least encapsulates the qualities of a brother in my eyes.

Sorry, that is in poor taste. In my heart is a more apt phrase.

"I apologize for any worry I caused you, Lin. I can assure you it's nothing pressing," I muster the faintest of smiles in an effort to reassure him while absentmindedly shuffling the deck of tarot cards in my grip. I don't remember when I pulled them free from my garb, but they're comforting in my hands. Flickering lights in the vast darkness.

I'm not expecting him to close the distance between us and lay a hand on my head. His caress is warm, caring.

"I trust you, my cutie wutie."

Ah, you might be wondering why this phrase... but the truth is I don't know. One day he started calling me by different nicknames because he claims just one cannot contain my 'cute factor,' but I have my doubts as to the credibility of this allegation.

"But ya come to me first thing if whatever's botherin' you becomes urgent, okay? Promise me, taquito."

Without hesitation, I reply: "Of course. We promised long ago not to hide secrets from one another. The others are included in this." I mean every word.

"There's a good answer! Just leave it to your older bro," Lin laughs and it's a beautiful sound. Boisterous and radiant. But in the end, it's an act of confidence that can fool everyone save me. "On a lighter note, ya got your cards out! 'The Arcana are the means by which all are revealed' - that how it goes? Either way, ready to get whooped?"

"More or less," I start laying the cards down on the small table between us, knowing where he's going with this. "Also, I will be doing the whooping." I'm being serious here as I alone control my fate.

"Yeah, sure thing pumpkin. Don't hurt yourself reaching up here, okay?" He chuckles and there's comfortable silence for a few minutes as I arrange the cards.

"Boy, it's been a while since we've kicked back, hasn't it? I've already gone up and down the train gettin' our name out there with passengers, so I'm up for a little fun until our stop."

"I have no objections, but..." I tilt my head questionably. "What of the others?"

"Ah, you're right!" He seems to think for a moment and ultimately waves it off. "Can always play with 'em later. For now, how 'bout just the two of us have a relaxin' time?"

"Then," I pause to glance at the last card before placing it down. I cannot see it, but feel a sinister air about it. Curious indeed. "Let's begin."

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 17:22:29 )
Summary
Two friends close as brothers play a game of fate aboard a train bound for Voltra City

Instructions
To participate, press New Reply at the top of the page
Under Post Action, select Random Number Generator
Start value will always be 1, End value will always be 44

In this game, Lin and Io will pick 3 cards each out of the 22 Major Arcana
In your first post, choose who you will side with - Lin or Io - and make your roll as detailed above

Rolling will start/close at 1-2 PM Voltra Time, and start/close again at 6-7 PM Voltra Time
Be aware there is no cap to how many times you may roll, but you may only choose your side once
The cards and their value will be revealed at the end to determine who wins in this ultimate game of fate

Prize
The side with the most points by the end wins 150 event currency each
The other side receives 75 event currency each

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 17:23:40 )
Lin seemed to swallow hard as a bead of sweat rolled down from his brow to drip off his chin. Leaning forward, he braced his elbows on the table to fold his hands and stare at the cards below. There were many arcana still to be flipped as was the nature of the game, but only...

"Lin," Io began, softspoken voice suddenly all-encompassing. "Your final choice. What will it be?"

Lin shook his head to clear any doubts he may have had and thrust a hand towards the last arcana whose voice he swore was calling out to him. He slammed two fingers down on the card as if there was an invisible power fighting against what physical force he could muster. As if the arcana itself were alive and could have escaped his grip if he wasn't strong, confident.

"I have made my decision," he declared, tone perfectly crisp. A smirk flashed across his expression.

The blindfolded boy let a small smile play across his lips, "Where fate is concerned, there are no regrets. Are you certain this is the path you wish to tread?"

After a considerable pause, Lin gave his answer. "I am..." His words seemed to trail off as he began to lift the card he chose. A crowd of passengers had formed around the two performers as their hypnotizing game of chance went on, and now all eyes were on the pick that would determine its outcome.

"Afraid you all will have to attend our show if you'd like to see more," he continued with a wink. He flicked his wrist and the card he had begun to lift vanished from view. "This train is due for the scene of our biggest audience yet, and we hope to see you among them!"

He caught some sounds of surprise and carried the momentum, waving his hands over the table in an intersecting motion. As he did, each card he passed would flicker out of existence. When they were gone without a trace, he stepped up onto the now accommodating table with the grace of a gazelle and took a bow at the round of applause.

"Thank you, thank you! Remember the name for we are Cirque ad Infinitum, and will surely delight should you deign to spend your most precious time at our humble abode," he waved an empty hand around his back and revealed Io's deck of cards which he slid into the boy's waiting hand without skipping a beat.

"Look for the big top in Voltra City. We welcome you with an experience you will never forget!"

0 6 9 5 1 7
Millet generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 6
Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:08:17 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Why would I not side with a literal psychic.
IO FOR vicTO

2 0 1 9 3 1
mdom generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 20
Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:11:22 )
Also siding with Io, but because of their colors xDDD

1 9 0 8 2 0
Dowan generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 19
Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:13:33 )
I do prefer me some purple, but I think I'll run with the underdog here. Get 'em Lin.

2 8 1 7 3 9
Aesyn generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 28
Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:17:06 )
My wish is your command~

Io is my love, I'm sorry, Dowan, to betray you like this ;n;

509/750

For a price, at least~

0 7 9 6 1 8
Voz generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 7
Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:18:32 )
I'll be siding with Io!

1 4 0 3 2 5
Saeyra generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 14
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:22:52 )

Io I choose yooooouu

3 0 2 9 4 1
Tuijp generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 30
Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:23:10 )
We\'ll carry on

/sides with Lin

3 3 2 2 4 4
Hadsvich generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 33
Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:25:07 )
I’ll side with Io~

2 9 1 8 3 0
Kent generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 29
Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:26:09 )
I side with Lin. O:
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

0 3 9 2 1 4
Mica generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 3
Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:26:22 )
&bull; v &bull;
*perk perk perk*

I'll side with Lin~

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

0 8 9 7 1 9
Voz generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 8
Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:27:06 )
So I guess I'll ask for another random number?

4 0 3 9 5 1
Saeyra generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 40
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:28:45 )

Io beat the yellow jacket off of Lin!

3 1 2 0 4 2
Voz generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 31
Admin — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:29:03 )
I have the worst luck, they're so low. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing at this point...
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

4 3 3 2 5 4
Saeyra generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 43
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:29:53 )

@Fozzy: Its okay man, we will win by pure numbers lets gooo!!

4 3 3 2 5 4
Aesyn generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 43
Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:30:38 )
My wish is your command~

Wait I need to post moreeeee aaaa Io wait for me *sobs*

510/750

For a price, at least~
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

0 8 9 7 1 9
Saeyra generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 8
Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:31:21 )

@Dipper: Dude we got the same o_O

Always ping me please.

1 1 0 0 2 2
Millet generated a random number between 1 and 44; Resulting In 11
Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/25 18:31:21 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

WAIT, I wanna side with the train. I CHOOSE THE TRAIN!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.