Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Best scary movies/TV on Netflix, Hulu, etc. for Halloween?

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/24 04:16:03 )
Make some recommendations for everyone!

I just watched "The Ritual" on Netflix, about a group of hikers who get lost in the woods. I got bored the first time I tried to watch it, but went back and finished it this weekend. It wasn't great but it was neat and different from the usual. Good for fans of Norse mythology and Michael Crichton's "Eaters of the Dead." Really wasn't expecting that...

I also saw a sort of unique one on Netflix about a female cop who is left to guard the station all by herself. I can't remember what it was called but it was a disturbing movie about the ghost of a serial killer and his cult members haunting the jailhouse. They had killed the cop's father a decade prior, so they had it out for her. I wouldn't watch it again but it was unlike anything I've seen before.

Now I'm watching a cool series on Netflix called "The Haunted," where "real people" tell their personal haunting stories. I don't really believe in ghosts but I like that it's set up like people are confessing their ghost stories to their friends and families and getting emotional about their experiences, rather than just a scripted narration.

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Voltie — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/24 18:57:44 )

I watch a ton of horror movies and shows. I recommend the shows "The Haunting Of Hill House" and "Scream". For movies I recommend; Truth or Dare, The Conjuring, ROOM (not a horror movie but still good), "The Lodgers" was as okay movie, The Boy, House of deadly secrets (not really a horror but is considered one), Before I wake (Absolutely loved this one!).
I've also watched a ton that I didn't love and probably wouldn't recommend but maybe other people would like them; HUSH, I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House, The Disappointments Room, EMELIE, little evil, 22 July, The open house, Apostle, Malevolent. (Tried to list most of them)
There are also a ton of non-horror movies I'd love to recommend. F the Prom, The Kissing Booth, Brain on Fire, Riverdale (my #1 fav tv show along with Stranger Things), The 100 (also a super good tv show), Anne with an E, A Wrinkle in Time was a pretty good movie, The Lovely Bones (so sad), set it up, Sierra Burgess is a Loser, #RealityHigh, 47 meters down, Sadie's Last Day's On Earth, No Escape (I freaking love this movie, it's kind of sad).
I'm about to watch "Seven in Heaven" and "Kuntilanak", they are on my list. If anyone has watched these, are either of them any good?

Donator — He Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/1 13:22:38 )
The Haunting of Hill House & Chilling Adventure of Sabrina
Is quite a great choice if you are looking for something new :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/5 03:12:27 )

"I thought Creeped Out was awesome. Its a kids show, but many of the episodes were really awesome. Also, Castlevania was great!
"

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.