Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Meaning of Humanity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 06:10:07 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

She'd been surveying her surroundings for a bit, when she heard Jaden.

"Yo! Anna!" he called to her.

When she went to him, she saw a plate of food waiting for her. It had sliced steak, as well as chicken cutlets, and they were covered in a marinade that smelled really good.

There was also a pile of greens and vegetables beside the meat, with a bottle of vinaigrette beside it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 06:24:19 )

"You're better in the kitchen than I'd expected." Anna admittedly bluntly after a few seconds, an almost nonchalant tone to her voice. That wasn't too surprising, mind.

"Regardless, not that I really care... you have any rules when eating?" she asked.

"I suppose it'd be a good idea to not get on the badside of the person that owns the roof over my head."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 06:46:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I've had to learn." Jaden told her.

"And no." he said.

"Just don't get it everywhere." he told her further.

"Try and keep a minimum level of neatness and hygiene, but... that's it." he went on. "You can eat anywhere you want." he continued.

"Table, TV, your room, wherever you want." he continued with a small shrug.

"Oh yeah, grabbed a bottle of water for you to drink with the food." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 06:51:00 )

"Sure. I'm gonna go paint the walls with the marinara." Anna commented, but didn't say anything more on it.

Time passed slowly, and Jaden found himself getting used to having Anna there... surprisingly easily. Especially onsidering the fact that she wasn't like most children were, and didn't require constant supervision. She could be left to her own devices if he wanted to go out, and there largely wouldn't be any issues with him doing that.

He found out that it was an average, not the rule, one night when he came home and found his place a literal bloody mess. Anna was nowhere to be seen quick and simple, but he heard something from the bathroom a few seconds later. When he went to see what the hell was going on, he found the door ajar, with a body in the tub, and Anna trying to clean up a bit.

She hadn't noticed Jaden's arrival yet, either

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 07:04:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...................." Jaden could only stare in silence at the scene that had greeted him.

He peered inside the bathroom, saw the body in the tub, and sighed quietly.

He then took a step back, and knocked on the door.

"Yo." he said.

"Care to explain what THIS is all about?" he asked her.

"Because it's been a very long time since I've seen carnage like THIS." he then commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 07:21:00 )

Anna didn't look over to him, didn't say anything... but he swore he heard a laugh. After a few seconds, he could identify it. He could hear her laughing.

It was echoing in his head, lingering as well.

She didn't stop what she was doing, though.

"No." She answered after a moment before laughing. Jaden got an idea as to what the hell it was that he'd gotten himself involved in though.... which really wasn't anything too extreme, but probably not quite waht he'd expected

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 07:35:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Again, Jaden was silent, before pinching the bridge of his nose.

"God damn it, Mom." he muttered.

"So THIS is what you meant." he said.

"Whatever." he then said to Anna, as he stepped away from the bathroom.

"Really don't need this place reeking of blood again." he mumbled, as he made his way to a cupboard and grabbed what looked to be a very abrasive scouring pad, and an unlabeled bottle of what appeared to be cleaning solution.

He then made his way to one of the walls, and started scrubbing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 17:29:28 )

"Even if it did, I know a way to remove it." Anna commented, her voice sounding... far too level, normal, to how one would think. Considering he'd seen her for the past bit it was something rather surprising and not normal.

She didn't stop him from cleaning though. If anything, she helped. She may not have been able to do much overall, but she did help what little she could. Her size did get in the way of her helping loads, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 17:44:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As they cleaned, Anna noticed that the solution that Jaden was using was effective.

VERY effective.

Like he had had it there specifically for something like this. All it took was one wipe, and not only did it get the blood off, it seemed to remove all traces of it ever having been there.

"I assume our guest won't be an issue?" he asked her.

"There's people coming in at some point tomorrow to check the smoke alarms and such." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 17:56:47 )

"Don't worry. He's clean, so I'll use him." Anna commented before pausing and making her way toward the kitchen.

"Yo! How much of the freezer space can I fill!?" She called as she looked into the large freezer he had. She was hoping it wasn't too full, but there was a possibility it'd be filled completely. If it was, then what she'd done would have been a bit of a waste.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 20:54:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Half!" Jaden called back.

"I don't really use a lot of the space anymore, and I've not really had the drive to downgrade to a smaller one!" he went on.

"But I still use about half of the space!" he added.

When Anna looked into the freezer itself, she saw that it was about 1/4 full.

Meaning Jaden was using half of the space he said he used, and she was free to use the other half.

"Just make sure YOUR stuff is clearly labelled, however you want to do that!" Jaden then said to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 22:08:45 )

"Will do." Anna said after a moment before grinning.

"Now to finish cleaning up this mess." She knew he'd likely have questions regarding what he'd found...

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 22:39:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Uh..... right." he said.

"About that..." he muttered.

"NOW can you explain what I've come home to?" he asked her.

"I mean, I know WHAT I came home to." he then said.

"But... WHY was this a thing for me to come back to?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 22:40:43 )

"I went out for a walk, and he picked a fight with me." Anna answered calmly.

"That's all, nothing more."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 22:55:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....right then." Jaden replied.

"That's... fair enough." he said.

"I've actually been there before." he sighed.

"People have picked fights with me... and they've lost horribly." he went on.

"...that being said, I've lost a few." he then mumbled.

"And some of those losses have left scars that refuse to go away."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 23:36:13 )

"I know." Anna stated.

"But whatever." She added.

Things were all right for a few years. There were more instances of there being ... extra people there, but they were always the same situation as what he'd come home to before. If anything, she was really good at keeping the apartment clean.

Along with that, he hardly saw her, which was good, overall. Meant she wasn't causing problems, he thoguht.

At least until he was out and about. He and Anna had just... had quite an exchange of words, mana added in, as well. It had been rather explosive overall, as well. In the end, he'd headed off to cool down, but he ran into trouble while out and about.

It was the piercing sensation through him that alerted him to issues.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/22 00:02:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jaden stopped in his tracks when he felt the sensation... and an old wound on his back started to burn slightly.

"....damn it." he cursed.

"Seriously? Here?" he muttered.

He then looked around slightly, trying to find out where this was coming from. As he did, he continued to move forward, trying not to attract any unwanted attention.

Well, any MORE unwanted attention.

'Just keep moving.' he told himself mentally.

'Keep the pace up, and get somewhere you can disappear.'

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/22 00:05:44 )

"Ahhh, hello there." A rather normal voice said from ahead of him. When he looked - as he'd been looking over his shoulder - he saw the silhouette of someone there. Someone that looked like they weren't much of a threat to anyone, but the glow he could see from one of the eyes said a lot more.

"Seems I found my prey rather easily tonight." he stated, maintaining a very calm demeanor

Voltie — The Dude Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/22 00:37:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hmph." Jaden muttered.

"Prey?" he asked.

"Sounds creepy." he said, trying to maintain an air of confidence, but inside, he was screaming.

"Seriously, though. Buzz off." he told them.

"Not in the mood to teach trash a lesson."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/22 01:11:49 )

"Ahh, but we are." He stated, his voice acquiring a colder tone to it as Jaden heard footsteps around him. It didn't take long before he realised that he was surrounded.

"A hunter always finds their prey." Was the last thing he said before Jaden felt something tear through his lower arm. The burning pain was easy to identify, along with the sound.

He'd been shot.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.