Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat TFW you love your job

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 23:43:16 )
I just had the best four hours I have ever been paid for in my life. One of my jobs is doing behavioral therapy with autistic kids. I just started with a new client today at his preschool cos the teachers can't control him. XD He's 3 so he is a little wild, but all those kids were wild tbh, but it's the best wild. While he was diagnosed with autism he is like so high end on the spectrum, he does have some behaviors but he can talk and that makes my job so easy it's pretty much just fun.

Also him a bunch of his classmates dog piled me with hugs so yeah, great morning.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 23:46:27 )
I didn't know you worked with autistic kids! Thats my dream job. Aw, I adore you even more now my dear.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 23:52:09 )
You should look into ABA around you! I'll be honest not all days leave me feeling this way, and I have been bitten(and I mean hard), kicked, much hair pulled out of my head, and lately pinching specifically with nails to remove some of my skin. Oh and I regularly clean up pee. So if all that sounds bearable to you then I say go for it. It is very rewarding and I honestly feel like I have leveled up my badassery and patience skills through this job o3o

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 02:05:05 )
I used to work *with* the developmentally disabled at our local thrift store and I found it to be the most rewarding work experience I ever had, but I have no real practical experience... except I was an RA at a nursing home for about a month and a half. Every place I looked into around here required a lot of official school learning, which I totally understand but have no way of obtaining
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 02:09:43 )
Damn that is not the case here. I went to college but not for anything to do with this. My boss kind of scouted me, and a lot of the people I work with are either in the process of school or didn't go to school for it. My boss also hates the system and thinks it's doing these kids more harm than good so she wants untainted people to mold.

Buut I have also met many coworkers at disney who tried it out(applauded me for my patience saying it wasn't for them) with no schooling for it through different companies as well where they applied for it. I believe one of the companies was called ACE idk if they are nationwide

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 18:53:32 )

That's awesome! What a fulfilling job! I'm glad that you love your job.

Donator — ILOVEPUGS Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 20:52:04 )
Thanks gurl <3 I spent so many years of my life in jobs I hated feeling like this is surreal 8D

eeee ee eeee smoke weed everyday
(legitimately googled if this was pg-13 appropriate because I try to be a respectful stoner. So like you're welcome teenagers)
Working on a new signature.
PS-I LOVE PUGS

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 21:45:46 )

I know. I remember you struggling.
I'm so happy for you that you like your job and look forward to working. It's so much better for you mental health lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.