Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 03:20:31 )
I hardly ever misplace things. But when I do, it's always something vitally important.

Today at work I realized that I lost the antibody that I need to complete my experiment...

It reminds me of when I lost the USB drive that contained all of my graphic design files. I didn't need them anymore but it sucks to lose stuff that I spent so much time on. I eventually found it (by some miracle) but man I was so sad for the entirety of that week in between.

... I don't think I'm gonna find this antibody though
rip

Have you ever misplaced something important (or not important)? Did you ever find it??

148/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 03:41:38 )
no more quizzes? loljk

I lost a ring while I was planting the plants for my thesis experiment. When it was time to kill the plants 1 month after, I found the ring in one of the pots

So do you need to get a new antibody for your experiment?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 03:53:34 )
@Ixora: That's actually a really neat way to find something you misplaced! Were you kind of expecting it to be there or were you really surprised it turned up?

Ffff there are very few options. I either have to fork out a bunch of money to buy it again or spend a stupidly exorbitant amount of time making it myself, or... I could find it... that'd be nice...
This is apparently the third time someone in our lab has lost this antibody. Maybe it's cursed or something idk

149/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 04:02:50 )
@Hachi: Nope. I didn't know I lost it while planting. I know I lost it on the day I planted. After I planted tho, I went to a cat cafe and I thought maybe one of the cats ate it XD I was pretty bummed for a week so I was pretty much over it when I found it

Dang. Seems like finding it is the best option but until when do you have the time to look for it?
Unlucky antibody XD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 04:30:13 )
@Ixora: I attempted to search for quizzes about losing things and was unsuccessful I'm sorry I failed you
... I'll think of something

Wow it almost sounds like something out of a fairy tale! It's a good thing the cat didn't eat it though, I'm pretty sure it'd be a goner then haha

Mmm I have all my proteins ready and everything but I guess I could... freeze them indefinitely?? Sigh
I spent so much time today looking for it

150/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 04:50:15 )
@Hachi: LMAO

I think the cat would be fine - it'd spit it out if it was too big. But if you meant the ring... then well, yeah probably. I doubt the staff would check the cat poo for me

Knowing how life turns out... it'll probably pop up when you finish making a new one DX
Sometimes... the things I'm missing pop up when I'm not looking for them too.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 04:54:17 )
@Ixora: Oh whoops I didn't realize my sentence was ambiguous (I did mean the ring, haha)

OH MAN all the times I bought new earbuds because I thought I lost my old pair only to find them afterwards

152/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 04:59:29 )
@Hachi: It's alright. My brain toggled between the two XD

Might be the same case with the antibody unless it really is cursed
Maybe the antibody just wanted to have an adventure lol

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:08:37 )
@Ixora: CAN IT GO ON ITS ADVENTURE AFTER IT HAS TRAVELED ALL OVER MY PROTEIN MEMBRANE PLEASE GAH

I think I'd be more upset if I find it after buying/making it than I'd be if I never found it at all

154/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:15:14 )
@Hachi: LMAO I guess that's not its ideal vacation spot XD

I know what you mean. Making/Buying a new one seems like the way to go? Unless it turns up soon.
If only I had magic powers like knowing where lost stuff is... I bet I could make some money off my services 🤔

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 06:21:54 )
@Ixora: I'm not gonna like it, but I have to... sigh
I'd definitely pay you for that service haha

156/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 07:02:33 )
@Hachi: For some reason Voltra doesn't like notifying me 🤔
YOU CAN DO IT ✽-(ˆâ–½ˆ)/✽ ✽(ˆâ–½ˆ)-✽
If only I had that power, don't worry, the first one's free XD

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.