Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Ask me anything

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:15:45 )
I'll answer anything (unless it's like my home address or something lol.)

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:18:45 )
ha got eeeeeem

do u think a single dorito can hold 12oz of sauce without collapsing

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:21:59 )
@kiwi: LOL!
My favorite childhood memory is the day I figured out Santa Claus wasn't real.

I was about eight years old, and we had our Christmas eve party and my parents made me go to bed so they could finish "wrapping Santa's gifts" (since Santa didn't wrap gifts apparently.) I left a paper plate with cookies and milk out for him then went to bed but I couldn't sleep. I could see the light under the door into the livingroom and I could hear my parents wrapping gifts. Finally around 11 I got so restless that I got up and went to the door and knocked and asked if I could come out. They allowed me to and told me I could go ahead and open presents.

BUT FIRST!

Santa had left me something special. A handwritten note. This is on film mind you. My dad recorded this entire thing. So I sat there on my knees beside my little table, reading the note out loud until I got to the signature.

That's when I stopped reading.

"What's the matter honey?" My mom asked as I looked up and glared at her. "Love, Santa mom." I said outloud, reading the rest of the note. You see the camera start shaking as my dad starts laughing hysterically and my mother grabs the note and stares at it in shock. Then looks to me terrified that I'm going to be upset. I asked if I could open my presents now, I didn't care lol.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 19:22:12 )
@okios: Probably!

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:15:10 )

@WhatAJoy: Haha aww that story is adorable. What was the best day of your life so far like? You know when everything goes your way and everything ends up perfect.

Always ping me please.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/15 21:19:13 )

If you could be anyone in the world, who would it be and why?

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 01:37:37 )
@Saeyra: It was a birthday of mine where we went bowling, I got good gifts, nothing bad happened, I got a paid day off, and nobody died lol

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 01:37:58 )
@vengeance: Not to be cliche but I'd be me lol. I like me, and I've got shit to do that only I can do. XD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 02:46:07 )
@WhataJoy: What are some of your favorite words in the English language?

146/500

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 04:35:47 )
@Hachi: Unctuous is one I discovered recently that I think is fun to say, lol. Cellar door's a great couple of words.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:01:18 )
@WhatAJoy: Ahh I had to look that one up! It is pretty fun to say, haha
Where do you usually go to discover new words?

153/500

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:04:12 )
@Hachi: Well, I write a lot so I always have thesaurus.com up so I always end up learning new words that way! Every time I need to look up an alternate word for something I may overuse in one go, and I always stumble upon new variations. It's fun!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:16:02 )
Aside from the language/s you already speak, are there any others you'd like to learn?

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:23:47 )
@Ixora: It'd be cool to learn Spanish. I should already know it but I've never had an ear for other languages. But I grew up around Spanish speaking people and I barely know three words of Spanish lol. It feels shameful but I just can't wrap my head around speaking another language from my own. Like my brain tries and it understands words but putting them together in another language with another style of order is just impossible for me to grasp.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:27:57 )
@WhatAJoy: I'm sure you know at least 3 words of Spanish. I mean... uno, dos, and tres are Spanish.
I know what you mean. I tend to just mix things up in my head but that's what I get for wanting to learn so many languages XD

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:45:44 )
@Ixora: That's true, I know some of my numbers, I know hola, como estas, muy bien, and that's about it lol.

OOOooooo what languages do you know??

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 05:50:56 )
@WhatAJoy: I can only speak English and Filipino fluently.

I studied Spanish briefly but got frustrated with all the verb tenses. I tried getting into French but the pronunciation was just killing me.
I studied Korean for a bit but I lost interest as my interest in KPOP declined. Rn, I'm on and off studying Japanese (on and off is not a good thing cause I forget so much when I go back that I've barely scratched the surface DX). I can say things like "____ is ____" or ask simple questions, invite people out🤔 Mostly like just enough get by as a tourist.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 06:15:19 )
@Ixora: Dang that's cool though! Filipino? That's fricken awesome. I tried French too but again, couldn't wrap my head around it lol. Even tried sign language. I know my abc's and that's about it.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 06:23:37 )
@WhatAJoy: I guess being bilingual is cool but I wanna be multilingual but I don't have the dedication to learn a language .___.

I can't even remember the sign language ABCs XD Learning ASL would be really cool tho.

Donator — He/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/16 06:51:20 )
@Ixora: I understand that, it's a goal for you!
Yeah they're pretty easy to learn, but the rest of the signs get confusing lol.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.