Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback Thoughts on AOTW/AOTM

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/11 00:33:05 )
So Fozzy mentioned in the latest discord community discussion there will no longer be an Avatar of the Week and there will be an Avatar of the Month in the future. Previously, when AOTW was in affect, a thread was made in Voltra Discussion where users were to nominate other users (or sometimes themselves) for the week. Sometimes there was a theme and other times it was just whoever you thought looked great. I believe nominations lasted a few days and another thread was made for voting after nominations were closed. Sometimes Velvet (or whoever?) would decide the winner themselves though? Apparently this was too much to deal with and that's why it's on hiatus? Not really sure.

My thoughts on the matter are that I think it should be simplified. On most avatar communities, don't admins/npcs just choose a random user based on their own aesthetics and such? They usually wrote a blurb about the pick too. I believe that is fine. But I also liked being able to nominate and vote... It's too bad that will happen only once a month though. I also think AOTW/M should consist of only one thread. What do most people think of Avatar of the Week/Month?

Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/11 03:13:14 )

Batsy Says. . .

I honestly think users should be able to nominate and vote for avatars as on Caedon They have judges offer their services for judging
and have users nominate their favorite avatars.
I personally like that system when it comes to avatar of the week.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/11 05:43:42 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Just also lil note, Fozzy didnt say for sure AOTW was scrapped for AOTM- only that he was leaning towards that due to the effort without a coded vote system as Hazer mentioned above.

I know avatar contests are like a mandated crux of most avi sites, so its definetly on our minds and talks about what to do in the mean time are being had. Its not priority as Hazer said, but its also not out of sight and reach either.

Thanks for the input, we'll see what we can put together after finishing up the current job list we got.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/11 07:26:39 )
if there was an AOTW/AOTM I think that the fellow voties should be able to vote, and whoever with the
most votes wins 1st and than the one with the 2nd most gets second and ect. I just think that it is unfair,
when someone goes and says, oh I ain't going to win, (or) I should of done better, and than they end up winning for being whiny.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/10/11 13:00:30 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Im positive not a single staff would have someone win on the grounds of whining haha!

I prefer a vote system as well.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.