Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Recipes of Voltra! {OPEN!}

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 08:29:42 )

You have found Siren. Return it to the thread.

Unicorn: I need a special mood for baking (because there is just so much more dishes and cleaning taking place lol) XD
I'll check them out when Kozi puts them up :D
I'll tell you if I try to make them! but you should know I'm kind of clumsy when it comes to following recipes. I once read 1 tsp as 1 tbsp and put in 1 tbsp of baking powder in tempura batter. It had a weird aftertaste .___.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 10:18:19 )
I'VE GOT A STONER RECIPE. Be shocked, as I, Glume, a Coloradan, regale you with a recipe born from the munchies:
First you take a pie crust, (I prefer Graham Cracker because its tradition, darn-it...) then you fill it with (GET THIS!) brownie mix. You bake according to brownie-mix standards, and when its *almost* done, you stack marshmallows over the top and stick it back into the oven until its actually done. The marshmallow bit is tricky because if you bake them too long, they turn into a deliciously solid rock of mallow. Of course, any and all of these components may be made from scratch, but as I stated, this is a stoner recipe so simple and quick is ideal. Anyhow... thats my Brownie Pie recipe. Use it with care, and enjoy it extra for me because I can't eat sweets anymore.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 10:52:25 )
@Hazer: My one and only doctor visit told me I had pre-diabetes, but didn't elaborate much... so I basically quit sugar as best I can (they put sugar in mortons table salt for petes sake.) and try to cut back on carbs in imagination-land... I loves me some carbs though...

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:08:33 )
@Ixora: well I am sorry to hear that you added that much, maybe that is why my grandma wouldn't let any of her kids in the kitchen (before my time) because other wise she'd have to remake everything. but after I was born she'd let me be in the kitchen with her well cooking, or baking.

but thank you for letting me know, I can understand on how that goes.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:18:06 )
@Glume: Is this kinda like smores?

@Unicorn: It's alright. It was for my high school cooking class and I didn't eat any of it... but the teacher did so I feel bad for her XD
I promise to read extra carefully when I try! But I need to get some measuring cups and spoons first cause some of mine are missing and I can't make do with some measurements from the ones that are left D:

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:21:03 )
@Ixora: I suppose it is exactly like smores now that you mention it. Mind blown over here.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 11:30:11 )
@Glume: XD
You can actually still have this with sugar-free brownie mix and sugar-free mallows? Idk how that'd taste tho

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 12:00:03 )
@Ixora: Might be worth a shot... Except I can't do artificial sweetener because its made of poison.
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 12:02:15 )
@Glume: What counts as artificial sweetener tho? o:
I think the pre-made ones probably use artificial sweeteners? The only natural sweeteners I can think of are... stevia and honey?

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 16:47:30 )
@Unicorn: thank you :)

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 18:22:32 )
@Ixora: well I am glad that you will read carefully, and it is nice to hear that you are getting new stuff to bake and cook.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 18:30:42 )
@Shark: Your welcome, I forgot to say for crushing the butterfingers I had to used a plastic baggie or a few to crush them up with a hammer.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 19:06:22 )
YAY for recipes! I'll be adding them now. :3

@Glume: My mom uses the Stevia with Monkfruit combo by Whole Earth Sweetener Co. I tried it, as someone who likes sugar wayyyy too much, and it was actually pretty good. :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 00:30:05 )
@Kozi: I didn't forget, it has been a very busy weekend for my little unicorn and myself so sorry. but hopefully tommorow I can send you recipes.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 19:28:53 )
@Unicorn: Whenever is fine. :3 I plan on this being here for a long time, so. XDD;;

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/14 21:44:03 )
@Kozi: well that is very good to hear, I know more will show up when they get online.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/17 17:32:12 )
Butterfinger Pie Recipe

Unicorn:
Ingredients

1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
1 (12.5-ounce) bag of fun-sized butterfinger bars, crushed (reserve 2 bars to sprinkle on top)
1 (8-ounce) container of cool whip, thawed
1 store bought oreo pie crust (or) a chocolate graham cracker crust

Instructions

1. beat cream cheese and peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. mix in vanilla extract.
3. mix the powdered sugar in (before beating it with an electric mixer until smooth) unless you want a mess!
4. fold in crushed butterfingers.
5. fold in cool whip.
6. spread filling onto pie crust.
7 sprinkle on reserved (2) crushed up butterfingers on top.
8. refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

I'm posting this here so I can reference it.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/21 04:12:49 )
I'll be making this and others with my pumpkins seeds

Pumpkin Seeds with Seasoned Salt
2 cups pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon seasoned salt

Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle. Toss 2 cups pumpkin seeds with 2 teaspoons vegetable oil. Roast on a baking sheet, stirring every 5 minutes, until seeds are aromatic, crisp, and browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon seasoned salt, and toss to combine.

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/22 00:29:38 )
@Hazer: I have one for you -unicorn giggles-

Banana Cream Pie
ingredients
For The Pie Crust
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons oil
1/4 cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, cold
approx. 1/4 cup ice water
FOR THE BANANA CREAM FILLING
6 large egg yolks
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
about 4 1/2 medium-sized bananas
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
3 tablespoons powdered sugar

Instructions
To make the pie crust:

Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
Add the oil, and stir until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
Cut the butter into thin slices and toss in the flour mixture to coat.
Dribble ice water in, a tablespoon at a time, mixing just until the mixture can hold it’s shape.
Gather the dough into a ball, and shape into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Roll the dough out to ¼” thickness, and fold into thirds. Fold into thirds again, then one more time, and refrigerate for another hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Unwrap the dough and roll to about two inches larger than the diameter of your pie plate.
Slip the dough into the ungreased pie plate, and prick with a fork.
Fill the unbaked pie shell with ceramic pie weights or dry beans, and bake for 32 to 38 minutes, or until golden.
Cool completely before filling.
To make the filling:

Place the yolks, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Heat the milk in a small pot until small bubbles form around the edge, and wisps of steam are rising from the surface.
Add the hot milk to the egg mixture, a little at a time, whisking to combine.
When all the milk has been added, transfer the mixture back to the pot and place over medium-low heat.
Cook the pastry cream, whisking, until thickened.
Stir in the vanilla, and pour the pastry cream through a fine mesh strainer, into a heat-safe bowl. Use the back of a ladle to press the mixture through the sieve.
Press a layer of plastic wrap directly onto the surface, and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum.
Whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks, and fold it into the pastry cream.
Line the bottom of the pre-baked pie crust with slices of fresh banana, and spread half the filling on top in an even layer.
Place another layer of sliced bananas over the filling, and smooth the remaining filling on top.
Garnish with whipped cream and more sliced bananas.
To make the whipped cream topping:

Whip the cream and powdered sugar together until it holds soft peaks.
Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a 1M open star tip.
Pipe swirls of whipped cream around the edge of the pie and garnish with sliced bananas.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/22 20:14:58 )
@unicorn: BOOP.
@Hazer: BOOP.

Thank you, guys!! I will add these after work. :3

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.