Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Songs associated with memories

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 13:04:07 )
There was one week in college where I consistently stayed up nearly all night studying for multiple exams over the course of several days, and I listened to this song on loop to help me focus. It got me through some tough spots that quarter.

I'd thought that after that, I would continue to associate the song with those torturous days of studying, but since then it's actually become more of a song that reminds me of my own motivation. I listen to it when I'm feeling down.

Do you have any songs that you directly associate with a specific memory, experience, or maybe person? Maybe you listened to it a lot during a certain point in your life, so when you listen to it now, it brings you back to those days?

48/500
Thread 1/6

This thread was locked due to inactivity, if you wish to unlock your thread please issue a ticket. Instructions to unlock thread found here.

Donator — she/they Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/10 14:20:49 )
Every Song Ever. Thats what I use them for. They collect all my memories and emotions, and the second a song comes on it changes me. Every bit of music takes me to a very specific mental place. Music is magic. It transcends the meaning given to it by the artist and becomes a new entity to whoever uses it.
There are people in the world who don't like music!!?! I find myself wondering if they have no soul....
Ping me, Devil Daddy, ping me.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/11 05:50:18 )
That's a really eloquent way to put it, and I'd definitely agree. I don't know if I can connect every song I listen to with a particular memory, but there are definitely a lot of them. A lot of songs remind me of certain people; either because they introduced me to the song, or it played when I was with them, or something else. It makes me think of them. Makes me wonder how they're doing, even if I haven't spoken to them in ages.

Do people who don't like music just maybe haven't found the right type of music? haha I can't imagine...

61/500

Donator — sheep Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/31 03:02:20 )
I honestly don't listen to a lot of music, but a couple songs have held some memories and emotional attachment I suppose.

Listen to Your Heart was the song that my 8th grade crush asked me to dance to at our graduation dance. I had a crush on that boy for like three years lmao and then we went to different high schools and nothing came of it.

And then Battle Scars is a song I really connected to when I found it because it helped me kind of get through my toughest time in my life that had me spiraling in depression and self-harm when I was homeless and separated from my family.

And then pretty much any country song leaves a bad taste in my mouth because it's all my dad listened to when I was a kid and he abandoned my mom and us four kids (led to our homelessness) so I just can't listen to it because it reminds me of him.

@ me to get my attention or I probably won't respond

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/3 23:08:12 )
I cannot listen to Lonestar's Amazed anymore without weird feelings. It sums up how I feel about my SO, but it used to be an ex's fav song and he'd listen to it all the time so it reminds me of him as well.

Voltie — they/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/9 19:18:48 )
I listened to SunnMoonnEclippse from Radical Face most of the time as i was writing my masters paper, and the song is made to be listened to on loop so I think it helped greatly with the all nighters
It reminds me of the story in OP but i just can't listen to it anymore not because of the memories but i feel like i burned it out by keeping it on repeat for so long )':
tumblr.
literally always ping me

Donator — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2018/11/24 17:58:48 )
I rotate what I listen to based on my emotional state. I go back to Los Campesinos and Florence and the Machine when I'm in romantic turmoil. When I'm about average, I listen to podcasts. I listen to musicals when I need a moderate distraction.
Feel free to ping me. I'm forgetful.
Temp Free Avatar Art
Trading and Selling Items

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.