Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat So... I burned the stove

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 18:51:21 )
While boiling water in a pot.

Yeah, I don't even know anymore. No, the water didn't boil over. No, there wasn't anything in the pot. No, there wasn't anything on the stove.
I think maybe the pot was wet when I used it (although... it was left to dry overnight...), so the stuff might be cooked soap scum? Burned hard water residue??

Long story short, ELECTRIC STOVES SUCK

I have a lot of kitchen disaster stories, stay tuned
but actually if anyone has a solution to this mess, please send help, it's currently soaking in vinegar

13/500

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 18:58:38 )

Google tells me:
1. Before. Before. ...
2. Wipe Down With Vinegar. ...
3. Cover With Baking Soda. ...
4. Wet Down a Towel. ...
5. Cover Stovetop With Towel. ...
6. Scrub. ...
7. Scrape. ...
8. Polish.

Or: https://learn.compactappliance.com/easily-clean-your-stovetop/

522/750

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 19:08:19 )

@Hachi: Its probably some stuff from what you cooked previously. you gotta clean the stovetop regularly, usually these stoves come with a scrapey thing that scrapes off the burnt oil and sauces from the stuff you cook.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 19:40:33 )
@vengeance: Thanks for the tips, haha. I think the vinegar did something? I'm able to scrape some black stuff off it now but it's still very stuck. I'm not sure if I have baking soda around but I'll look for it.

@Saeyra: Is it? I feel like I hadn't really cooked much of anything before it burned. I only boiled some water and stuck some vegetables in it. I don't know if I have the scrapey thing; is it a bad idea for me to get a razor blade from work and scrape it off with that...?

I'm honestly kind of concerned about damaging the actual stove top - I have steel wool but...???

16/500

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 20:52:28 )

@Hachi: The scraper looks like this

and I think that even water makes stains because it has minerals and stuff in it

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 21:05:02 )
@Saeyra: I think that looks pretty similar to the razors we have (well, minus the handle). I'll pick one up tomorrow and try that, haha. Maybe I can find one that's on the duller side so I don't scratch the surface too much. Thanks for the help!

17/500

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 21:12:30 )

@Hachi: You are welcome. Good luck with the stove! I hope it works out for ya. Try to find one thats made for glass stoves just to be on the safe side. Stoves can be quite expensive.

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.