Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Experimental cooking

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 15:27:00 )
We\'ll carry on

I had a pumpkin and decided I wanted something new.
I got the seeds and everything out and made a filling with meat, parsnip, union, mozzarella, tomato and mushrooms. I put some rosemary, pepper and salt through it all and fried it all a few minutes.
It’s all in the pumpkin now, in the oven, with a thin layer of Edam cheese. I already tried the filling and it tastes so good.

Ever did some experimental cooking? Was it a success or not?

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 15:35:12 )

I have not but did you see that the Lidl has a friekandel special pizza for sale next week? I am sure people will go nuts over it.
500/750

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 15:36:44 )
We\'ll carry on

@vengeance: my brother will love that for sure

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 15:49:09 )

@Tuijp: My mom loves friekandel special. But the thought of that on a pizza nop.
503/750

Donator — Winchester Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/7 16:03:22 )
We\'ll carry on

@vengeance: I like frikandel but not that much.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/9 03:02:10 )
That sounds really good! I love the idea of putting food in containers made of food. That seems really specific, but bread bowls and and things like cookie cups are neat to look at and also fun to eat.

I'm not much of an experimental cook (uh I can barely just... cook). The most "experimenting" I'll do is going out of my comfort zone to try a recipe, which isn't really experimenting at all, haha. Sometimes I'll just throw everything into a pot and attempt to turn it into a stew/soup does that count??

28/500

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.