Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What's your favorite kind of bubble tea?

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 02:49:43 )
I recently picked up some stuff to make bubble tea and finally got around to it. It was pretty simple but I followed the directions on the bag for the milk tea powder and that might have been what went wrong. It says to add two tablespoons of the powder to hot water, so that's what I did. I don't think two tablespoons was quite enough though because it got watered down by the ice a lot and by the time it was done it kind of just tasted like I was drinking water with boba in it. So next time I'll try more tablespoons of the tea powder and maybe I'll just stick it in the fridge rather than adding ice. I don't really have to make it myself if I don't want to since there's a bubble tea shop within walking distance of my house, but I'll be moving soon and I could probably save some cash making it myself. The nice thing about milk tea is how it tastes good even without anything in it.
When I get bubble tea I usually just do milk tea with various different kinds of boba, but I kind of want to branch out a bit before I move so what kinds of bubble tea do you like? I might give it a try!

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 02:58:24 )

I kinda want to try matcha tea boba tea, since that's something i could probably make at home,
just need to find boba. tho i don't really like boba too much, i like the coconut jelly cubes more.

The frozen yogurt place has bobas, but different from what i've seen in boba teas,
the bobas are small and they burst open with flavour. i think i would like those in a tea more than jelly bobas.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 03:11:39 )
@zuzu: The kind that burst are the kind I got! They're strawberry flavor. I'll have to see if the bubble place near me would do a green tea flavor, I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 03:41:13 )
The amount of boba that I consumed while in college is kind of terrifying now that I think about it. It was "trendy" so there were a lot of shops near campus, it was so easy to just go... Have some time? Wanna chat?? HOW ABOUT OVER BOBA?? I have some friends with very high standards for boba, and so I've been to many different places (... I can't really taste the difference most of the time...).

Some notable flavors I've tried: honeydew, brown sugar, taro, taro cake, banana, sea salt (???)... Despite everything I've tried, I think my favorite is still just the classic milk tea. I like thai tea, matcha, and brown sugar too. The other things taste too artificial. I always go for the tapioca pearls, but sometimes I like egg pudding too.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 06:19:41 )
I personally never had bubble tea, but I would like to try it!

Donator — They/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 06:25:38 )

i kinda really want to try a honeydew boba tea,
but i am technically allergic to honeydew,
doesn't stop me from eating it tho and making my mouth numb and feel prickly XD
(Avatar Closet)

Donator — She/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 13:34:33 )

I love boba tea! I tired making it once but I can never get the boba to taste right.
I love a lot of different teas when I get boba. I normally don’t get it milky but because I really love the taste of tea. I try to go to places with high quality tea. The only acception would be there is a place that has barley tea and I get that milky even though the place is bad quality lol
I love Oolongs and Green Teas mostly when having boba tea. Like a Peach oolong or a go less sweet with matcha or Genmaicha tea with less sugar and let the boba be the only sweetness and the contrast is great!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 16:53:56 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

I adore Boba tea, and make it cold and hot!
Thai, Matcha, Taro, Lychee
are my favorite flavors.

I buy boba pearls directly from Amazon.
I prefer the classic brown ones.
Like pasta, everyone has a different opinion
Of how they like their boba cooked (the longer
The chewier) personally I love em super chewy.
You dont really need to buy any special boba tea powder unless you reall like those. Those are
Essentially just flavored sugar packets which
Im not personally crazy for intensely sweet (exception to thai tea). If you like super sweet
But arent fond of those powder packets, honestly just go to the store and buy a can
Of sweetened condensed milk. A table spoon
At a time mixed with your favorite tea- sip - stop when its your desired sweetness. Toss the boba in and voila. Drink hot or cold.

Donator — Trash Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/09/30 17:04:46 )
I hate bubble tea. I've tried it multiple times, but could never get into it. The texture and the flavors are all awful imo.

Now my husband makes fun of me for it. When we pass a bubble tea place, he points it out, "Kelsey look! It's your favorite!" and then laughs for himself.

Voltie — He/Him/His Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/5 22:15:03 )
@kelsey: I understand the texture thing. I absolutely despise a lot of foods because they have a texture I don't like. The boba place at the mall has an interesting selection of things to put in the tea, like these rectangular things called jellies? Those really bother me for texture reasons

Donator — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/10/5 22:17:09 )
I've never had it before. ono

Ping me!

Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.